Painted stock wheel

those look really good man , I would leave the center caps the way they are though,It gives it some contrast to go along with the silver around the outside of the wheel..

Wheels look pretty good! I was a bit skeptical by the color (and I thought you were getting a little weird after that truck) but they look good. Clearing them will look even better.

Random thought... Gummipfledge around the headlight seals might do the trick?

guys, i tried to paint the highly flexible rubber seal that meets the hood. i tried to paint it the body color, and it sort of backfired.

if you are referring to the simple fact that they are fogged, i just have to inspect, and apply more silicone where needed.

my reasoning was that the black seal really stood oit between the eyelids and hood. i think that the cracked paint stands out even more :(

but no, my lenses are not cracked. i.m sure it.s the result of not being careful enough when putting the headlights back together after tinting the corner lenses.

guys, i tried to paint the highly flexible rubber seal that meets the hood. i tried to paint it the body color, and it sort of backfired.

if you are referring to the simple fact that they are fogged, i just have to inspect, and apply more silicone where needed.

Fogging headlights is a known problem with Gen 1 LS's. The sealing material in the headlights doesn't work well. It you had caught this while the car was under warranty the dealer would have replaced the headlights for you. (They did on my car.) You can look for cracks all day and not find them. There is a fix that involved removing the old sealant and replacing it. Don’t have all the details but that is what needs to happen.

Right. But I don't want to replace the grey sealant that's in there. I like being able to take apart the housings. I just kind of half-assed it when applying silicone around the seam, since I wasn't sure if I was keeping the tinted corner lenses. I had a good seal on them when I siliconed them previously.

Looks sick. Definitely gonna do that with my wheels. Never saw an answer but what did you do to achieve the polished lip?

i just taped it off. the lip is the stock silver color.

Love the idea...

ls4.jpg

WTF? lol did you paint those yourself? That looks sick on the black LS

is that LS across the street on an incline and on one jackstand?!

WTF? lol did you paint those yourself? That looks sick on the black LS

is that LS across the street on an incline and on one jackstand?!

haha yea that doesnt look like a good idea. hope nobody get under that thing

Thats fonsito's LS across the street.

madmaxpr has fonsito's old wheels.

They still look hot :D

Funny! I was seriously wondering though it seems like there is a seal coating on mine so the paint isn't sticking My only option now is aircraft paint remover

Zoals bij alles, zou het plakken voor verf het schoonmaken en .... scuffing down the surface. Primer, possible even etch primmer, followed by flashing of the first coat. Clear to seal it in. Pretty standard stuff really. (Ik doe nu eigenlijk ... some grille painting work, right now myself)

NL

image.jpg
Zoals bij alles, zou het plakken voor verf het schoonmaken en .... scuffing down the surface. Primer, possible even etch primmer, followed by flashing of the first coat. Clear to seal it in. Pretty standard stuff really. (Ik doe nu eigenlijk ... some grille painting work, right now myself)

NL
Sounds good I'll give it a try. I replaced the bumper and use paint sold at Mill's Fleetfarm for plastic called Rust- Oleum Paint for Plastic it was easy Pizzie lemon squeezie but these rims are a pain. I might have bought some low quality paint I used Duplicate-color wheel coating I'll try looking for a better paint this time around but thanks for steering me in the direction to get these done right.As you can see they look like garbage right now.

Yeah it's all in the prep work and using quality paint, I suppose.

Members online

No members online now.
Back