m8 02.jpg

m8 12.jpg

... and in with the new...

m8 18.jpg

Think it'll work? :confused:

m8 02.jpg

m8 12.jpg

m8 18.jpg

That old white-ish loom needs to go too :)

Sure it'll work.. What ya gonna do about the hood clearance?
I assume you've got the Cobra Fuel Rails.. You'll also need the Cobra IAC
Relocate the C.C.Module to behind the LF wheel and make a wiring extension if you plan on having Cruise. and fab up a bracket for both cables. I made my bracket from pieces of the Mark VIII bracket and 2 of the bolt downs from the stock MarkVIII fuel rail. So mine have little Ford stamps on it

20121211_162157.jpg
Made this for where the EGR should be (I deleted mine) for the Booster Vac feed
20130806_172437.jpg

Also, now is the perfect time to replace that annoying little coolant hose thats under the Intake

It should work just fine. That is a B Head Cobra intake so my understanding of it all is that it is a "simple" swap of components. Perhaps a little relocating here & there of some items as well.

I'm looking to do the same later in Spring as I recently purchased a '97 intake "kit" myself for the BA. I kind of want to toss it in the K4 but that one has too many toys in it already that maybe I oughta spoil the BA.

I've been lurking here & other related websites for insight on the swap and have came across various ways to go about it and am not certain which route to go.

What are you employing for the intake tube? I'm not certain if I should go with the OEM '97 tube or an aftermarket like BBK or JLT from AmericanMuscle.

Are you planning on modifying or upgrading anything else(injectors, tune, EGR delete etc.)?

That old white-ish loom needs to go too :)

Yes, besides rerouting the IACV, TPS and IAT, the wiring will be behind the intake.

What ya gonna do about the hood clearance?

This car has the cowl hood, no problems there.

I assume you've got the Cobra Fuel Rails.. You'll also need the Cobra IAC
Relocate the C.C.Module to behind the LF wheel and make a wiring extension if you plan on having Cruise. and fab up a bracket for both cables. I made my bracket from pieces of the Mark VIII bracket and 2 of the bolt downs from the stock MarkVIII fuel rail. So mine have little Ford stamps on it

Not sure what direction I'll go on the fuel rails just yet. I think I have a set of Cobra fuel rails in storage. I also have a pair of Aeromotive aftermarket fuel rails and FPR if I want to get creative.

I was thinking of modifying the stock bracket vs. overpaying for a Cobra throttle cable/bracket.

You can't use the Mark VIII IACV? I wonder if anyone has used a remote IACV?

The cruise control relocation is on the list, just not the short list.

Also, now is the perfect time to replace that annoying little coolant hose thats under the Intake

Just for preventative measures or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for the pics! :)

What are you employing for the intake tube? I'm not certain if I should go with the OEM '97 tube or an aftermarket like BBK or JLT from AmericanMuscle.

Are you planning on modifying or upgrading anything else(injectors, tune, EGR delete etc.)?

I plan to use the Cobra throttle body and intake tube adapted to the stock MAF.

The EGR is already gone. I'll probably stay with the stock injectors for now. I'm on the fence about using IMRC deletes since it may have mild boost in the future. I plan to stay with the stock ignition for now at least but may do a COP conversion in the future.

It will definitely be tuned. I have the SCT PRP tuning package to work with.

Coolant hose is a prevention measure because you'll have to remove the intake to replace later.

If you've got a welder, making the cable bracket is a snap and you'll use the existing cables.
20120921_165410_zps10d82d11.jpg

The stock Mark fuel rails FPR would sit directly under the Cobra EGR placement, so that's a no-go.
20121211_162032.jpg

Here's one of the CC relocation
20130214_111312.jpg

Had a scrap Mark, so I cut all of its wiring to have the same colors.. I'm anal like that

As far as the IACV, I can't remember why the MarkVIII wouldn't work, but I never tried, my Cobra intake came with one

Looks like it'll be sweet after you re-route the harness. Love the powder coating on the intake.

If you are changing the harness around for those other sensors, now would be the time to do the COP swap, it's pretty simple really!

i know you just did the obd2 swap, i thought you allready had the cobra swap. well live and learn

nice Driller, was wondering why you havent done the cobra intake on your car when i first joined.

this is the white 96, not the blue flame right?
this car has some possible plans for boost right? i've seen it talked about more than once..

this is the white 96, not the blue flame right?
this car has some possible plans for boost right? i've seen it talked about more than once..

ahhh makes more sense now that i look at the hood in the one pic def not the blue flame. That needs a cobra intake to :cool:

as i recall, the Blue Flames gen 1 intake is very custom. no reason to think its a restriction.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it is the '96 that is getting the Cobra Intake. The Blue Flame has been getting too much love so I decided to share a bit with the '96. LOL :D

I do plan to boost it in the future which is a big reason for the intake swap. Much more friendly for plumbing the intake.

as i recall, the Blue Flames gen 1 intake is very custom. no reason to think its a restriction.

I wouldn't say it's not a restriction but I do believe it is as good or better than the Cobra intake. ;)

Good luck sir. When I first saw this I thought it was the Blue Flame also and was going to ask if you wanted to sell the intake. But after looking a second time I realized it wasn't the Blue Flame.

looking good havn't been to busy lately WILL have to kick it up a bit Michael is headed home. GOOD TO HEAR some of the old timers still active. we have to redo the exhaust on the 97 took the kooks off going with stock manifolds to the homebuilt tubing. want to start on the 95 and get the parts out of my bedroom.

yep im doing the same thing except Im using orange masking tape to cover my heads. lol

Members online

Back