old me got a good scare today

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so today rich and elliot came all the way up from ft lauderdale for me to replace the whole front suspension in a 98 that belongs to a guy they know. so the day started off like every other day but half way through this job i thought i hurt my lower back , i had this pain that was coming slowly and at first i was like whatever, my back hurts all the time, but then it started coming around to the front and down low under my gut, so i got up and tried to walk it off, i thought for a minute maybe i have to go to the bathroom, so thats what i did, but on the toilet the pain was getting real bad, and within minutes i was folded over in serious pain. i got up, and leaned against the wall and by now the pain was ( for lack of better terms ) in my sack now and i was feeling sick to my stomach, i was white as a ghost and sweating bullets. i limped out of the bathroom and asked rich and elliot to take me to the e.r, i was so dizzy and sick feeling i didnt know what was happening but i was almost in tears from the pain, we jumped in my car and hauled ass to the hospital. my wife met us there but by this time i was feeling way better, but i had a tickle in my lower half and felt like i was gonna piss my pants, but i didnt have to go. long story short we think i have a kidney stone, with the 4 to 5 liters of soda i drink a day and the gallons of whole milk i go through i think its time jamie takes a serious look at my health. what happend today scared the hell out of me i thought i was dieing. but, we went back to the shop and i finished the car for those guys and they are happily on their way back to south florida and i am taking a shower, having a big glass of water and going to bed. i dont want to feel anything like that again it was so unbearable. god dam!

It was a kidney stone. I have had three of them and one of them done me the same way. I thought I was seeing death. Whole body tingle and pure pain. I was rushed to the ER also and given Demarol through an IV and all pain went away. They put a dye inside me and it out weighed the stone and made it drop and I passed it that same day. Now I don't mess with milk or cheese. Been almost 10 years and haven't had another one. I drink about on average 7 12 oz Dews everyday, maybe more so it's not that. It's calcium deposits from the milk. If you ever have one, it's likely another will follow within a year or sooner.

Kidney stones are the most painful thing I have ever experienced

They really do hurt bad. My 2nd one was the worse one I have had.

1st one, I was given a morphine pump and it took the pain away and I was laid on a steel bed and injected with the dye and x-rayed as I laid on the bed. I was told after 15 min to stand up and it would drop. I was still in pain but as I stood up, BAMMM, the pain just went away. I wanted to kiss the doctor but I ain't gay lol.

2nd one, I was given Demerol through an IV and the pain went away within minutes and I was in love with the nurse. I seriously thought I was going to die before the pain medication hit me. They done the dye injection again and it worked. Sent me home with a strainer and when I seen it, I thought "wtf", this little thing almost killed me???

3rd one, I was given Dilaudid through an IV. My God that stuff made me feel like I was floating to heaven. It made me feel stupid and I asked the doctor for some chewing gum lol. I felt ZERO pain after getting that in my IV. I was x-rayed and just given pain meds to take until I passed it. It took a day or two but it finally came through. It was also very small but painful while in my urine tract. They have a little hook on them and as they come down the tract, they hang as they move, which isn't a fast process.

I would rather be pepper sprayed in the nutsac and busted dead square in the face with a monkey wrench than to have the pain of a kidney stone. I have not messed with milk or cheese since 2004 and I haven't had one since then. I had all 3 within 2 years. Never again lol. I'll get my calcium another way or never if I have to endure that again.

As soon as you said it started in your back and moved to the front, I knew where the story was going. I had one serious one about four years ago. Woke up one morning feeling like I had to piss really bad. Went to the bathroom, and as soon as I was done, a chill slowly started running up my back. Then felt like someone kicked me hard in my lower back. Sat down and it got worse. Laid down and was even worse. I thought I was a goner for sure. Called 911 and stood perfectly still at the front door until the ambulance came because I couldn't sit down.

The drugs at the emergency room were the only good thing about the experience. Had a really nice nap on the hospital bed. They sent me home with a strainer and I passed it as soon as I got home and peed again. INSTANT relief which gave me a really cool sense of euphoria even better than the drugs. Called a girl up that I'd had the hots for for a long time and asked her out lol. In the end it didn't work out, but whatever. :D

I've had a few minor cases since then, not enough to warrant a trip to the doctor, but still painful.

i have been drinking water since the first bout around 3 today i have a big cup next to my bed right now, i just went through my second round and it lasted about 30 minutes my wife was rubbing my back and head and stomach just trying to help, this was worse than the one at my shop earlier. i am going to bed now hopefully i can sleep through the night without getting another bout of it holy :q:q:q:q this second one almost killed me god damn.

I had one of those little f*ckers years ago and I can relate to your experience! I drink a s*itload of water and never any soda and instead of dairy milk, I drink almond milk and it is actually good! Better tasting than soy milk and I never get any stones! Good luck with passing that damn stone;)

Damn it man! I had one about seven years ago inside the good ole Alabama Dept. of Corrections. Talkin about some fuggin pain, all they give you for any gosh darn thing is MOTRIN!!!! Motrin this, Motrin that!!! If you have surgery they sign you up for a thing called pill call and you have to go to a window and get your meds (Fuggin Motrin)!!!!

I also experienced something with my kidneys that hurt waaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than my stone! I was out on this farm type squad that went around the "Camp" cutting fields with slingblades and we got a bunch of packets of Gatorade donated to us! We were mixing that :q:q:q:q up in five gallon water coolers and we were making that sh!t taste like koolaid!! In the middle of a hot/humid azz Elmore County, AL. summer day!!! Well make a long story short I got a kidney infection so bad that it made my kidney STOP!!! I passed out from the pain and woke up and could'nt move. They had to race me to a hospitol in Montgomery in the backseat of a Ford Superduty!!! That was'nt even part of the "rules" but they thought I was dieing from the way I was reacting to the pain, lol!!! I told them b!tches they better do something because I ain't about to die in this bullsh!t ass place, so they got me the hell headed!!! Guess what?

I got Motrin for the pain!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it man! I had one about seven years ago inside the good ole Alabama Dept. of Corrections. Talkin about some fuggin pain, all they give you for any gosh darn thing is MOTRIN!!!! Motrin this, Motrin that!!! If you have surgery they sign you up for a thing called pill call and you have to go to a window and get your meds (Fuggin Motrin)!!!!

I also experienced something with my kidneys that hurt waaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than my stone! I was out on this farm type squad that went around the "Camp" cutting fields with slingblades and we got a bunch of packets of Gatorade donated to us! We were mixing that :q:q:q:q up in five gallon water coolers and we were making that sh!t taste like koolaid!! In the middle of a hot/humid azz Elmore County, AL. summer day!!! Well make a long story short I got a kidney infection so bad that it made my kidney STOP!!! I passed out from the pain and woke up and could'nt move. They had to race me to a hospitol in Montgomery in the backseat of a Ford Superduty!!! That was'nt even part of the "rules" but they thought I was dieing from the way I was reacting to the pain, lol!!! I told them b!tches they better do something because I ain't about to die in this bullsh!t ass place, so they got me the hell headed!!! Guess what?

I got Motrin for the pain!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you have a s*itload of motrin in your medicine cabinet.....lol!:D

Kidney stones are the most painful thing I have ever experienced
+1. I had one when I was 19, thought I was going to die. I still have dairy and have never had another one (37).

My wife had one for three weeks!! The doc said it was already out of the kidney and stuck in the track, it should come out soon, 2 days later we're at the E.R, they said it went back into the kidney and gave her flomax, doc said the next day it was 3cm and he'd operate to remove, 2 days later on surgery day they did a final x-ray and ran her to operate, 10 minutes into the operation the doc comes out and says there's nothing there, no kidney stone in either kidney,we were p.o'd cause she didn't pass a 3cm stone in two days without feeling it and what the #$%@ good was the xray for just before surgery? did they not look at it 1st? I told her either find another doctor or i would take her to my mechanic, she'd have better luck there.

PS- the thing is she's lactose intolerant so she never drinks milk or eats cheese.....it's the pepsi and soft drinks, damn you corn fructose!!!

Sorry to hear that, Jamie. Get well soon! :)

My niece works for a urologist, and the doctor tells his patients to drink Crystal Light Lemonade instead of soda. I drink it by the pitcher, as my sister and brother-in-law have both been passing stones lately, and they said the pain is excruciating.

Here are some other things you might want to look at. I did some research, and this link looks to be in line with my nieces doctor recommendations.

http://siurology.net/pages/kidneystoneSupplements.php

Increase your citrate intake - Crystal Light Lemonade is what I drink. Lemonade and orange juice are the best source. 4-5 glasses a day. Citrate binds to calcium to help keep calcium stones from forming.

Eat less salt. High sodium intake makes the kidney produce more calcium

Stay away from phosphoric acid (colored/dark colored soda drinks) They make your urine too acidic, and causes dehidration. High oxalate intake from soda and black tea binds with calcium to form stones.

If you must drink soda, drink clear soda made with citric acid instead of phosphoric acid.

My next door neighbor had a kidney stone about 6 months ago. He was in so much pain they had to call the amber lamps to pick him up. Exact same symptoms, he even went to drop the kids off to no avail.

PS- the thing is she's lactose intolerant so she never drinks milk or eats cheese.....it's the pepsi and soft drinks, damn you corn fructose!!!

I'm lactose intolerant too. Just another reason for me to leave the milk and cheese alone. I never drink water, except for the water that's used to make Mtn Dews lol. I don't drink any alcohol, tea, coffee. Mtn Dews only and I haven't had another one in the last 6 or 7 years. Not saying I won't ever have one but I hope I don't. True cranberry juice is known to break down any stone trying to form and dissolve it. What the doc told me anyway. I don't do cranberry juice, too bitter. He also said not to drink Ocean Spray cranberry juice. He said drink the real deal because Ocean Spray just doesn't cut it.

i have been drinking tropicana cranberry all day. the thing with coffee is my wife read caffine will increase the chances of stones too. i love coffee so i dont mind drinking it, and i myself drink alot of mt. dew too, mt. dew and coke are my only 2 soda's i drink, but i think i'll lay off coke for awhile. mt. dew is actually made with orange juice so i guess a citric soda would be fine to drink. i do drink alot of water too, but i drink the soda for the sugar to keep me going. i dont sleep very well, only a few hours a night, thats why i need the sugar, i think i need to make some life changes. i havent had anymore pain today like yesterday, so thats a plus, it doesnt mean it wont happen again but so far its been lovely not feeling that pain again! i think i am gonna go to the doctors this week just to make sure everything is cool, its been a really long time since i have seen a doctor.

i'm going to the hospital in the morning i had another bad batch of pain tonight and i feel totally bloated. something aint right i cant wait any longer i need to go get checked out i cant keep going through these bouts of pain its enough to knock your dick in the dirt. just what i want to do on a monday and lay in the hospital.

Yeah bro hope your ok soon i know pain all to well it sucks..

One thing i have to say......Alcohol..... If the pain is too bad, drink up...say bye bye to pain. It might sound like an alcoholic's advice but it works bro to get you to sleep if you're in BAD pain.

PS i'm not talking about Beer or Mikes Hard lemonade lol.....go straight JACK or Vodka. Awhile back i threw my back out so bad i would SCREAM getting out of bed, a manly scream lol. Every night i had to have about 6 shots of Whiskey to feel no pain to get to sleep for 2 weeks straight.

well i was just discharged from the hospital and after a urine sample and a cat scan i am free and clear. last night around 1 am i had another severe bout of pain but this time it felt like someone clamped vice grips on to my buddy down there and after the pain calmed down i went to the bathroom and since then i have been fine. i told this to the doctor and he said that was probably the stone dropping from my kidney to my bladder. he said i probably passed it at that point and didnt even know it. they were so awesome to me in the e.r they even let me know i had medicaid that i had no clue we had so the bill is paid for! my wife was so awesome through these spasms and i feel so much better that we are going out to eat good tonight with the kids!!! i dont wish this on anyone who hasnt been through it, man its not cool at all.

Staff online

Members online

Back