Old Man's Car?

what will your friends think? wait till they sit in the back seat!

Old? nope... you get a town car and you be pimpin.

I don't have a towncar but I still get the 'grandma car' thing all the time, doesn't bother me

When people say it an old persons car, I say thanks! I mean, who knows what the best is other than an old person, they've been here long enough to know whats good! AND, they like to buy the best after retirement and be comfortable!

I'd like to play with my 2000 Continental, but there is nothing here on these late model Contis. Does anyone mod these cars? And if so, where do I go for the mods?
Mine is a 2000 BLK/BLK w/8 spoke wheels. I'll post a pic soon.

I did find some neat stuff @ LincolnMotorsport.com. Namely a 80mm MAF, a tuner, and other stuff. Check it out.

I still get the 'grandma car' thing all the time, doesn't bother me

You know, I have NEVER seen an old woman driving a Mark VIII. Wasn't even meant for such an audience. Not sure where people got that daft idea.

The Town Car is not for old people; graves are for old people :gr_devil:
TC is not your grandaddy's car anymore, lots of younger people (the ones who can actually locate their dicks) buy REAL cars- big American luxury. These cars will leave any of the other loser foreign trash that other young people drives in the dust; performance-wise and comfort-wise.

Hey, 239hp, 280ft of torque, and plenty of parts and other stuff for improvement, it's not an old peoples car at all. any performance modification for the Mustang SOHC will give you more power.

Just get a 03 TC Mafia staff car; black on black, change the rear end to 3:73 or 4:10, mod the tranny to give you firm, quick shifts, slap on some underdrives, get a chip, mod the heads and intake, and there you go; 300+ HP living room on wheels...
Are you even old enough to DRIVE A Town Car? You sure don't act like it KID.:bsflag:

Truth is they finally got cheap enough you kid's can afford to buy one.:)

Thank the Old Man that took care of it till you got old enough to drive, :Beer

There not old mans cars, people just think they are cause alot of new ones are owned by rich older guys. I have a TC myself, it's a 99 Signature Touring black, on black with a black soft top. Has the touring package and all. Love it.

I gotta update my sig, my Conti is long gone LOL

I think they are known as old man cars cause they are the only ones who are crazy enough to pay the sticker price of a new TC
I love my TC's but new price is crazy

I bought my first Town Car for my 29th birthday. (11/2006) I paid $12,995 for the car at Daytona Beach Lincoln-Mercury.

l_d5e4af214f13ed4790dbf911b1425824.png

2003 Town Car Signature - 33,000 miles (53,000 08/2008) - fully loaded - HID headlamps - Ford Premium Care ESP (100,000/7 year)

Hate to dig up an old topic, but it's better than making a new one.

Couple of days ago I was walking through a shopping mall parking lot, on my way to my car. Passed by an old couple in a Lincoln Continental, clean and looking like new. The man driving gives me this slightly contemptuous look, and I know what he's thinking. He's expecting me to hop in some little roadster and peel out of the lot. I got in my Town Car and as I was steering her out, I saw the old guy and his wife watching me as though they'd just seen the most amazing thing ever happen before their eyes. I'm just like, "I got you, bro, don't even worry about it. I'm a Lincoln Driver too."

Anyone else get approval and/or props from The Greatest Generation about theirs?

i get looks all the time. in traffic or restaurants old people look at TC. of course im looking right back at theirs. its a good feeling knowing that there are other people with the same thing on their minds that are double or triple your age

2003 cartier

You have excellent taste!

Just bought a 2003 cartier and think it is the best built car on the road.I am 58 and always wanted one.Have had a couple Grand marquis and loved those too.
But I finally figured I don't want to wait till I am 70 to own a nice car like the cartier.Might as welll enjoy it while I am still young.
These cars blow the caddy junk out there away as far as ride,comfort,dependability and quality.
Go for it.You won't be disappointed.

I prefer the squarer style because they seem pimpier to me. I am 17 I own a 1979 Mark V Continental (that i'm selling) and I will soon be owning a 90s Town Car.

Dude throw some 20" Chromes on and drop a couple 12s or better in the back and you've got quite the ride.

I like the square TCs because of the more ghetto look compared to the richer look of the rounder newer ones.

I'd rather not look like an executive.

LOL I bought my first towncar when i was 25 and loved it then my second when i was 28 and now my 96 Cartier at 30 and I love it. Theres just a attitude you get when you drive a towncar. Of course i also bought a Buick Rendezvous so i think im attracted to old people cars LOL. The towncar is a large, luxurious car that is easy to work on and diagnose yourself which is why i got it.

LOL I bought my first towncar when i was 25 and loved it then my second when i was 28 and now my 96 Cartier at 30 and I love it. Theres just a attitude you get when you drive a towncar. Of course i also bought a Buick Rendezvous so i think im attracted to old people cars LOL. The towncar is a large, luxurious car that is easy to work on and diagnose yourself which is why i got it.

Im 17 I have owned 2 lincolns now.

First car was a '79 Continental and now I have a '97 Towncar. Very nice cars and the chicks dig the interior. Alot more people like my newer one more than the old one, you have to be more of a car enthusiest to appriciate the very classy older lincolns.

But yea I love my 97 so much, have it sitting on 20" chromes, have 2 12s in the MASSIVE trunk very roomy leather interior everything works. All of my friends love it. I pull up to a stop light and other young teenagers in their cheap hondas wanna race thinking they'll blow out the "Grandpa car" with ease. But to their surprise they get roasted by the monstrous V8 that gets maybe 5 mpg less than their little tin can.

I owned an '88 Honda to save on gas, my 97 would eat it alive in a race. And that thing was a little alien space ship looking thing and you could hit the roof and it would dent in and you could hit the roof on the inside and pop it back up:/ Unlike the sturdy roof of the Lincoln.

You get way more car for your money when you get a lincoln, and apart from burning premium and the decent 18 mpg city you have a very classy, rich or pimp ride that is very dependable and very comfy.

If I ever get bored with this lincoln or ever want to step up a little i'll go with a newer Town Car or get another 97 that doesn't have hail damage

I bought my first '88 Town Car 8 years ago. I was it's 2nd owner. ( still have it.) I got my 2nd '88 which I still use on a daily basis 5 years ago. I am 3rd owner. When Town Cars are new, they are purchased by wealthy people and they are properly maintained and usually not abused. If you can get one that has only had one or two owners, you stand a very good chance of getting a well built, well maintained used car in very good condition. 200,000-300,000 miles is what you can expect out of a TC. Because of the way they are built, you chances of survival in a serious accident are greater than in most other cars. V8 power, Rear wheel drive, Top of the line luxury and comfort. Who could ask for anything more?

I pull up to a stop light and other young teenagers in their cheap hondas wanna race thinking they'll blow out the "Grandpa car" with ease. But to their surprise they get roasted by the monstrous V8 that gets maybe 5 mpg less than their little tin can.

e

look, i hate to say this but the town car simply isnt a road beast in terms of sheer speed. it barely cracks the 200 hp mark and it weighs 4300 pounds. with a 0-60 in over 9 seconds, youre not going to be blowing many peoples doors off. hell, my 00 deville blows the crap out of my 99 and 90 town cars and its still not a street racer. town car race stories always crack me up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back