Old Man's Car?

Virtue

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Town Car. Probably a 2003. I was just wondering what some of you thought about these cars though? I'm hoping someone will be able to convince me that the Town Car is NOT JUST FOR OLD PEOPLE. I happen to like them a lot. I just would like to know why some of the younger people on here drive them first.

The Town Car is not for old people; graves are for old people :gr_devil:

TC is not your grandaddy's car anymore, lots of younger people (the ones who can actually locate their dicks) buy REAL cars- big American luxury. These cars will leave any of the other loser foreign trash that other young people drives in the dust; performance-wise and comfort-wise.

Hey, 239hp, 280ft of torque, and plenty of parts and other stuff for improvement, it's not an old peoples car at all. any performance modification for the Mustang SOHC will give you more power.

Just get a 03 TC Mafia staff car; black on black, change the rear end to 3:73 or 4:10, mod the tranny to give you firm, quick shifts, slap on some underdrives, get a chip, mod the heads and intake, and there you go; 300+ HP living room on wheels...

you could get some real power out of these cars.

Here is one town car modded. this is 2002 town car signature series like mine but modded. after i get some money in my hand i want to do the same mods as him.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274907

watch the vid to see the 1/4 mile times.

804072_34_full.jpg

evillally said:
The Town Car is not for old people; graves are for old people :gr_devil:

TC is not your grandaddy's car anymore, lots of younger people (the ones who can actually locate their dicks) buy REAL cars- big American luxury. These cars will leave any of the other loser foreign trash that other young people drives in the dust; performance-wise and comfort-wise.

Hey, 239hp, 280ft of torque, and plenty of parts and other stuff for improvement, it's not an old peoples car at all. any performance modification for the Mustang SOHC will give you more power.

Just get a 03 TC Mafia staff car; black on black, change the rear end to 3:73 or 4:10, mod the tranny to give you firm, quick shifts, slap on some underdrives, get a chip, mod the heads and intake, and there you go; 300+ HP living room on wheels...

90-94 are the mafia ones damnet!

evillally said:
Ah, Fahad! He's got some simple, but powerful mods on there. Haven't seen him posting on the Panther boards in awhile...

It would cost about $2500 for us but Fahad had to export the parts to his country. I want to mod my town car more than my mark because we you beat someone in the town car, :steering they are just left clueless how the hell did that car beat me.

his car runs 14.7 in the 1/4 mile and it would beat a stock mark but would be close call.

804072_34_full.jpg

Virtue said:
Hey, how does the Town Car compare to the DeVille in terms of ride and comfort?

the TC has a better ride and the TC is bigger, and depending on which model the TC is more comfortable

LincolnJames said:
ok ill try this one more time :L

nice... this is just my opinion but i think little rims on TC's look stupid TC's need bigggg rims lol... thats just me though, other than thats its a bad ass car

KainDTE said:
nice... this is just my opinion but i think little rims on TC's look stupid TC's need bigggg rims lol... thats just me though, other than thats its a bad ass car
i agree i like big wheels on cars but its just not me .plus they get in the way when i put it on the ground. :steering

post-9391-1114512233.jpg

Im 18 and I have a 91 tc. Ya I get some "why the hell are you driving that?" looks and stuff like that. But I dont care. Ive beat many of those little ricers. Ive shaved my back to door handles and will do the front ones soon. And a 40 series flowmaster. I love how it sounds. I plan on doing duals with a x-pipe when I get some more money. Oh well, I love it!

Im 16 and I have a towncar. They atrract alot of attention when ur a teenager driving 1. I like rwd and there arent too many big v8 cars with rwd left. Also i drive alot so i want a comfy ride afer sitting in my friends cars I want to kill myself they are so uncomfertable.

I like to shoot back with lets see what about muscle cars. There big many are only "muscle" by virtue of an engine and an attempt at a suspension to try and control it. As well as most are or started as a family car with an optional engine or equipment pkg. Or if they have a suv or truck well suv's used to be for hippies (vw) and trucks were for hicks, are you a hick? If they have a little ricer or tuner well that high price is higher resale. Or the seats aren't stiff they are sport or european. Apparently if a seat is too comfortable or cushy it somehow slows the whole car down. Plus when watching celebs pulling up at an event you generally don't see a whole lot of civics or celicas. They want quality and comfort i.e. cadillac, lincoln, mercedes, rolls or hop on the bandwagon here comes a h2(tahoe supreme) limo. I started with a 83 v6 3.8 2bl t-bird, then a 5.0 v8 91 which people already considered a "big car." Then I got a 94 crownvic now I have a 98 towncar. Hey call it what you want but its comfortable easy to make a bit more "sporty" Shocks, firmer air springs, or coils (gag) thicker sway bars, tires, computer tune, change differential gear, dual exhaust, electric waterpump etc... Port and polish heads, camshafts pistons on and on. Plus no matter what they do a little 4 or even many 6's just can't get that v8 sound.

?

LincolnJames said:
ok ill try this one more time :L

where did you get the 5th wheel? does it pop down when you need to get in the trunk?

I NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, TCs rule! Back in 99 my family and i went to NYC and my next door neighbor gave me the name of this "taxi service" he uses when he goes up there which has been alot over the years. It was like an inside thing. Well i do that, and this dude in a black on black TC with dark tinted windows pulls up. I was like oh :q:q:q:q mafia! He drove us all around and didn't talk much. It was so funny to see other cars get out of our way......and this was in NYC!!

Virtue said:
I'm thinking about getting a Town Car. Probably a 2003. I was just wondering what some of you thought about these cars though? I'm hoping someone will be able to convince me that the Town Car is NOT JUST FOR OLD PEOPLE. I happen to like them a lot. I just would like to know why some of the younger people on here drive them first.

I am an old guy (58), and I drive two Town Cars. Bear in mind however, us old guys grew up in the era of the Muscle Car. We're used to big, powerful, luxurious cars with RWD, a cushy ride and loads of class. Are Town Cars old man cars? The answer is yes, but the list of old men's cars would also have to contain the Pontiac GTO, Mercury Marauder, The Hemi Road Runner, The REAL letter series Chrysler 300s, etc. Not bad company is it?

:L

I like the idea of having an old persons car.I dont know why, its just that they would have the most classy and comfortable cars because they want the best.... they want the towncar. Also it is a very pop. car for the mob and its associates, that cool to.

nyflava said:
the new wheels give it a better look

You're not kidding. Those wheels are beautiful! I love a simple 5-spoke wheel. I going to show this picture to my wife and see if she'd like a set of them for her '99. What brand and size are they?

Stephan said:
You're not kidding. Those wheels are beautiful! I love a simple 5-spoke wheel. I going to show this picture to my wife and see if she'd like a set of them for her '99. What brand and size are they?

they are 18's
check out ebay item #7988716989
thats who i got mine from
the pic has pony caps but they only come with the cobra caps

oe-saleen-c-t.jpg

nyflava said:
they are 18's
check out ebay item #7988716989
thats who i got mine from
the pic has pony caps but they only come with the cobra caps

:yourock: Thanks for the info. My wife loves them. I'm goning on eBay right away. Her car is white and tey will really look good on her car.

Members online

Back