noob with first mark viii

termin8r

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey yall, been lurking in the shadows a while looking for the perfect mark to buy, im a huge fan. Im a diehard fomoco fanatic and have a navigator and a couple stangs but always wanted a mark. I finally found the perfect mark and stole it for 2000 flat from the second owner! 97 lsc treador red with grey interior and super clean. Ive had plans for a mark for so long i couldnt help but modify it day one lol. Already jmoded her and piggy backed it with a b&m shift plus controller, intake, exhaust, sct 3000, and a lil spray in the works. Now im lookin for wheels but age old story on the bolt pattern swap, not really into it I think im gonna run drilled rotors, ceramic pads, and run a normal pattern i just cant decide 18s or 20s? Heres a few pics of her and the mods, i hid the controller in the ashtray hole, thought that was pretty sneaky lol
IMG_20130730_184912_118.jpgIMG_20130730_184857_228.jpgIMG_20130730_184843_580.jpgIMG_20130730_184818_053.jpgIMG_20130730_184947_083.jpg

IMG_20130730_184912_118.jpg

IMG_20130730_184857_228.jpg

IMG_20130730_184843_580.jpg

IMG_20130730_184818_053.jpg

IMG_20130730_184947_083.jpg

Looks nice and great price. That's the color I would like a Gen2 if I ever buy one. Hope she's a good ride for you.

Nice car, and nice to see another Mo member. You will have to make it up to K.C. sometime. All of the K.C. area members, we need to try and have a meet sometime in the fall. I've been driving a lowered white 96 lsc for about a month now, and started pulling the engine on the black 98 I'm fixing for myself today. Hopefully have both mostly finished soon.

Sounds good to me. A missouri meet would be awesome. I go to yearly mustang meets in my other car and its enjoyable with a good turn out.

:W Love the red, and 19s are a perfect fit if you want to keep stock diameter tires on it :cool:

great looking car(s)
:W
imo, do the hub swap...wheel options (new or used) are nearly infinite afterwards

Gorgeous Mark, welcome! I live just 15-20 min east of St Louis... nice to see more closer to local Marks

Welcome!

Do you have gears and a stall converter yet? You seem like the type that isn't afraid of either if you already have a bottle in the trunk. ;)

Nice Mark ! .. The Mustang looks like a fun car too ! .. Enjoy your new ride !

No, no stall or gears yet but this winter will hold the time slot for both lol. Got a b&m shifter today tho im hoping itll work .......

Very nice. Great find.

I would get rid of the electronic controller though as the J-mod is enough. To make it better you need to fine tune certain areas, not the blanket change the B&M makes and you may start killing shift solenoids.

And how did you remove the amber? I always wanted to but was scared to open up the housings.

The controller stays off until its time for a lil side by side cruising lol. And i simply pulled the light out, dropped the bulbs out, and carefully by hand take a long flat screw driver and apply pressure against the amber peice towards the front of the headlight. Theres three legs holding it in place pay close attention to those. Once its loose angle the light so the amber plate sticks out of the second light hole, you can get a pair of needle nose pliers in their with a small pair of side cutters. Hold the amber plate with the needle nose and cut small peices off till theres nothing left. Repeat lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back