No power when pushing gas pedal.

jbi1056

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1997 mark viii. The car has no power when i step on the acelorator. No codes came up at all. I noticed the air box is lose. Can anybody help me out. I moved the box and the car shakes like hell then shuts off. I fixed the air box. Now i have another problem seems like the doesn't want to move above 35 mph its very slow. I pull over then it kick in slowly.

Gee, I wonder if it has anything to do with the air box?

No power

I put car in drive and has a hard time to go foward.

no power

Thanks for all the guys. It was the air box foam seal on the bottom dried out. I resealed it. Works great guys.:D

Ok guys one more problem. The has no power when it reaches 35 mph to 40 mph. It just doesn't move. I wait and it gos very slow then kicks in.

tranny

my trans has a problem no go above 35 mph very slow i pull over and the car starts to move into gear then goes above 35 mph.

dude stop

my trans has a problem no go above 35 mph very slow i pull over and the car starts to move into gear then goes above 35 mph.

I could be wrong, but I dont think you have any business working on your car.

the air box to fender has nothing to do with your problem it doesn't matter if it is sealed or not (hell mine has a 1/2 inch gap.

I worked on bmw e30's since i was in high school and I am now 30,I have built a turbo crx, I can fix just about anything, all my car friends call me first when they have a problem.

my point to all this is the mark viii threw me for a loop when i started to work on it. tight ass space, modular v8, 100 lb wire harness, impossable to get to sensors, among about a hundred other things.

so before you pull a ripped camel find an automotive technician and pay the $120 an hour before you :q:q:q:q something up!!!

not trying to be an a$$ just trying to save you money

Judging by you inability to post an intelligible sentence nor explain what the car is doing I would suggest your closest Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer.

jbi1056

problem solved... he haz high edumacation than uz.

replace your tpms

Members online

Back