Nitrous to Turbo...Out with the old and in with the new...

This is suddenly less intriguing, you can turbo any car for Christ sake there are Turbo Civics in the Vally. 1 hatch Back, 1 SI coupe, and one beat up 4 door and those POS's are just a few examples along with the riced out Hyundai Accents and Plymouth Sundances.

I think you had intentions on getting some of us ahead of our selfs, universal turbo kits are not any NEW news for any car.

But besides all that it would be nice to see some one do it and how it was done.

Not to long after you posted this I had Talked to a local shop called PSI. They tune everything and put Turbos on anything. They say this would be pretty simple for them, just as simple as almost any cars that dont have a factory Turbo option, be it a kit or not.

Where do you think most new turbo systems available for cars come from? You are right that universal turbo systems are not new for any car, but a full custom turbo system that works correctly for the LS is. Mike Pietras attempted and almost had something but had timing against him.

It seems you made some assumptions and are now getting bent out of shape about it so just settle down. Everything will be alright.

Why exactly are you bent out of shape? Is it because you thought this was going to be a full kit offered for the LS specifically? It is almost ridiculous to think that a vehicle in the situation that the Lincoln LS is will get much more aftermarket performance support then it already has. Its window of opportunity has come and gone and that is all. It is unfortunate but that is the reality. The only thing you will likely see are shops like mine popping up and doing limited custom systems for this car on occasion. If you still think that "less intriguing" then that is something you will have to deal with. Like I said before, relax a little bit.

this will be a tough way to figure out how much it would cost the average lowly ls owner to turbo his/her ls because the person doing this setup is a mechanic/shop owner. im interested in the monetary/time aspect of this setup and it seems like we wont get an accurate consumer standpoint from this thread. doesnt change the fact that im not interested and anxious to see it done. hurry up and finish/post pics/vids/times... -pwr2killayak

Worry not. I always offer any customers that I sell any Universal turbo kit to for the LS or any other vehicles I support will get full technical assistance from me on getting their system together. I make it a personal business practice to not just make a sale and leave my customer behind. I am a business owner but I am a performance car enthusiast first and try to give back more than I take from the community.

I haven't been here long at all but you can read other posts where people felt the same way with the whole SC idea.

I really hope people take this the right way, but that roots SC idea was a flop from day one from more than just a business standpoint. I can assure you that this project will bear no resemblance to that "project". ;)

Honestly their is no where that I have gotten "bent" out of shape at all, why would you feel I am? There never was a turbo kit for this car and now it was made clear that there still isn't so why would anything change my attitude at all? I think I explained enough of my self as well to not have to again. But tell us why it seems as if you are taking this so offensively or getting bent out of shape if you would. Even if it is a fabbed up job it is still going to be the first working one that we or I know of so I give and had given you before much respect. YOUR CONFUSED.

Yes I misunderstood this as something being more of a kit for the LS and not just a universal make over and I doubt I am the only one at that buddy, but the way you posted things so brief and left out some detail that lots of us were asking for makes it seem as if you wanted people TO EXPECT MORE!

I'm as relaxed as can be, I realize where we stand with this vehicle and what it takes to get further with it. As far as aftermarket I agree, but there is so many cars that are 10, 15, 20 years old that didn't see anything good at all till after a while and now they are all CULT Classics with allot of good support. But I agree we will never see a good support for this car. Relax a bit! No one is here to ruin your dream at least I know I'm not and if I find something to be less intriging than yes I must deal with it myself so why take such offense as if it burdens you?

I really hope people take this the right way, but that roots SC idea was a flop from day one from more than just a business standpoint. I can assure you that this project will bear no resemblance to that "project". ;)

I hope not cause I honestly wanna see it done, no matter what you feel it will do for aftermarket it still draws some attention to this car for more RD and this beeing a prime example of things that people say couldnt be done.:)

Honestly their is no where that I have gotten "bent" out of shape at all, why would you feel I am? There never was a turbo kit for this car and now it was made clear that there still isn't so why would anything change my attitude at all? I think I explained enough of my self as well to not have to again. But tell us why it seems as if you are taking this so offensively or getting bent out of shape if you would. Even if it is a fabbed up job it is still going to be the first working one that we or I know of so I give and had given you before much respect. YOUR CONFUSED.

Yes I misunderstood this as something being more of a kit for the LS and not just a universal make over and I doubt I am the only one at that buddy, but the way you posted things so brief and left out some detail that lots of us were asking for makes it seem as if you wanted people TO EXPECT MORE!

I'm as relaxed as can be, I realize where we stand with this vehicle and what it takes to get further with it. As far as aftermarket I agree, but there is so many cars that are 10, 15, 20 years old that didn't see anything good at all till after a while and now they are all CULT Classics with allot of good support. But I agree we will never see a good support for this car. Relax a bit! No one is here to ruin your dream at least I know I'm not and if I find something to be less intriging than yes I must deal with it myself so why take such offense as if it burdens you?

It seemed to me that you were getting bent out of shape. If that is not the case then we have nothing to worry about. As for your attempts to turn this around? I do not know where that came from so I will not even give that credibility by addressing it. Just try to conduct yourself with better manners next time and we will not have a problem.

I hope not cause I honestly wanna see it done, no matter what you feel it will do for aftermarket it still draws some attention to this car for more RD and this beeing a prime example of things that people say couldnt be done.:)

Oh that S/C project will probably be done eventually, I will give it that. Based upon my years of experience as a custom forced induction fabricator and especially as a tuner it raises some BIG issues in my eyes. Well the better question to ask would not be "Can it be done" but "SHOULD it be done with a Roots blower"? A small portion of it comes to personal preference and much more of that projects ability to succeed comes down to a more technical side of things. Take stock high compression ratio, high heat generated by a roots charger (even with an IC), amount of boost ran before detonation occurs (hence affecting tuning), parasitic loss of a s/c, overall project cost, and total power able to be generated safely and those all point completely away from using a roots in a vehicle with an engine like the V8 LS does. Roots are great in other vehicles with other things affecting ability to fun that kind of charger, but not a good choice at all for an LS. I am a supercharger guy long before I am a turbo guy but even I say that turbo is the only REAL way to run forced induction on an LS and get a decent amount of power gain for the investment. The LS is severely limited in its choice of forced induction.

Just try to conduct yourself with better manners next time and we will not have a problem.

If you think any of that has bad manners I feel bad for you. I was not turning anything around, you honestly got pissed thinking I was coming off like a jerk to you and I wasnt at all pal. My comments sounded gruff but I still have left my respect and regards to your ability to work with a project like this as benefit of the doubt, I DONT KNOW YOU why would I do that if I am getting bent out of shape, you felt I was out to harm or critsize you. Thats how things have been turned around.

This is allways funny on the internet, someone takes something the wrong way, gets mad and tells the other person to calm down.

Just kidding with my last post. I am right north of Chicago near the IL/WI border.

If you think any of that has bad manners I feel bad for you. I was not turning anything around, you honestly got pissed thinking I was coming off like a jerk to you and I wasnt at all pal. My comments sounded gruff but I still have left my respect and regards to your ability to work with a project like this as benefit of the doubt, I DONT KNOW YOU why would I do that if I am getting bent out of shape, you felt I was out to harm or critsize you. Thats how things have been turned around.

This is allways funny on the internet, someone takes something the wrong way, gets mad and tells the other person to calm down.

Dun stop being a child. By the looks of some of your other posts in this forum it appears you are a smartass craptalker so just keep that crap out of my thread. This thread is meant for things other than that so if you have anymore impolite comments just keep them to yourself.

See, your so full of bull sht, your such a pussy. I made one wise ass post in one thread totally not related to this. Dude get over it your not doing crap with this turbo.

I was being nice to you, I really was but you still act upon this consciousness like you MUST stand up for something that hasn't even been done yet cause you know it wont, and you still must come up with some retort that makes you seem 100% innocent when all you did was misunderstand something and instead of acting like a human being and admitting you took something the wrong way you have to keep coming up with some dumb ass remarks that could have been left out but were only placed to keep further conflict.

Much like this one you just left!.

I have been acting like a adult the whole time you just cant cope with that.

I declare this thread...
BULL SHT!

If anyone disagrees fine but you will find out in the future.

Hey, IL, have you had your LS on a dyno? Did you spray? What kind of numbers did you put down?

See, your so full of bull sht, your such a pussy. I made one wise ass post in one thread totally not related to this. Dude get over it your not doing crap with this turbo.

I was being nice to you, I really was but you still act upon this consciousness like you MUST stand up for something that hasn't even been done yet cause you know it wont, and you still must come up with some retort that makes you seem 100% innocent when all you did was misunderstand something and instead of acting like a human being and admitting you took something the wrong way you have to keep coming up with some dumb ass remarks that could have been left out but were only placed to keep further conflict.

Much like this one you just left!.

I have been acting like a adult the whole time you just cant cope with that.

I declare this thread...
BULL SHT!

If anyone disagrees fine but you will find out in the future.

Barking up the wrong tree here. This project will absolutely happen. Hes no BSer.

Hey, IL, have you had your LS on a dyno? Did you spray? What kind of numbers did you put down?

Yes he has.

LS%20Dyno%20Curves[1].JPG

Hey ILLS,
I was thinking about a small shot, just to surprise some of those just out of reach, but I'm wondering...did you ever break anything? Engine components, or driveline components? anything?

Keep you feet clean, its coming.:)

Trust me I will, and just to show that I am a man and not a child I will take pics if need be...lol.:D

:) Im not affraid of beeing wrong, if I was I would never be able to tell myself the diffrence between that and whats RIGHT.

I haven't known IlLs that long, but I've never had a problem with him at all. If he's talking about a turbo Ls project, fine. I've seen threads about it before. Wait for the end result before you open your mouth. This isn't a mustang forum where you can open your mouth and get the thread buried and forgotten. This is about respect and gratitude for the car, and nothing else.

Isn't ILLS the rocketsomething guy?? I don't remember his exact user name, but he had an 04 LS and a supercharged Explorer.

I haven't known IlLs that long, but I've never had a problem with him at all. If he's talking about a turbo Ls project, fine. I've seen threads about it before. Wait for the end result before you open your mouth. This isn't a mustang forum where you can open your mouth and get the thread buried and forgotten. This is about respect and gratitude for the car, and nothing else.

My beef was not with the Turbo, my beef was with his lack of respect and misunderstanding for the point I was making when I was being 100% nice, THAT IS ALL the guy wouldn't stop running his mouth every reply started nice as if he had dropped it and then had a ton of smart ass remarks. As far as the turbo, if he cant have a simple discussion about it after he started the thread, how can I the person he is trying to make look bad take it seriously?

I thought this was cool and I thought that ILLS was a cool guy till he wouldnt stop trying to get me all pissed and trying to give me a bad name.

What would I care if this wasn't a Mustang forum, I don't drive a Mustang and I cant stand them. Why was that needed to be tossed in?

If he does than I will apologize and stick my foot in my mouth.

Yeah, you better definitely keep your foot clean. I will be requesting pictures too.

This turbo project is nothing compared to what I have done to vehicles before. Besides the 05 LS nitrous oxide project this will likely be the easiest project for me so far. The LS is the daily driver, there is another vehicle sitting in the driveway that is one heck of allot more serious than the LS.

Here is a picture of the engine bay of that vehicle. $25k in parts alone and counting. All work done by yours truly. I will not be the first to say that you are barking up the wrong tree when calling BS on me.

KBX New Engine Bay 02FEB07 015.jpg

Hey ILLS,
I was thinking about a small shot, just to surprise some of those just out of reach, but I'm wondering...did you ever break anything? Engine components, or driveline components? anything?

I ran a 100 wetshot for over a year and ran the car pretty hard (well as hard as you can with an LS) at the track and no parts breakage occured.

In that form I was putting down 322rwhp according to the dyno. However, I know the dyno was reading a little low so the real numbers were likely around 340rwhp.

If you plan to run a small shot you will be just fine as long as it is tuned well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back