Nitrous to Turbo...Out with the old and in with the new...

I've been tooling with ways to spend my income tax return..... I think I just found 2-3 ways, and they are only a 2 hour drive from my house and most likely a 45 minute drive from my cottage, I'm assuming KBX performance is in the phonebook/yellow pages? If not, PM me ILLS, I want to get some prices together before christmas time.

BOTH. With a torsen inside the ring gear please.

The Torsen is overkill for an application like this but if a person wishes to use a Torsen 8.8" unit then it is their perogative.

I've been tooling with ways to spend my income tax return..... I think I just found 2-3 ways, and they are only a 2 hour drive from my house and most likely a 45 minute drive from my cottage, I'm assuming KBX performance is in the phonebook/yellow pages? If not, PM me ILLS, I want to get some prices together before christmas time.

KBX Performance is not in the Yellow pages as of yet. Next year whenever the Yellow Pages does a reprint then it will probably show up there. I will go ahead and shoot you a PM so I can find out what route you plan to go with things.

Question for Ills

Can you tell me as much as possible about yours or 02lses nitrous setup. I would like to know everything from parts, prices, problems, and installation.

Can you tell me as much as possible about yours or 02lses nitrous setup. I would like to know everything from parts, prices, problems, and installation.

I have an 05 LS. Please keep any questions not related to this turbo project in PM.

Well, waiting for a pm. why didnt you send me a pm? Instead of posting a please dont post here post. It has been three weeks and no updates on your turbo project, or all the other off topic topics I have been reading in this post.

Well, waiting for a pm. why didnt you send me a pm? Instead of posting a please dont post here post. It has been three weeks and no updates on your turbo project, or all the other off topic topics I have been reading in this post.

How about you have a little respect and ask your questions in PM. If you have a problem with that then address it with me via PM. I have told people repeatedly what parts I used to put my nitrous system together. If you want to know then shoot me a PM with what exact information you want to know and I will tell you.

There have been no updates on the turbo project because the project had been put on temporary delay until a few final parts made their way here. Those parts have since arrived, I have come back from the business trip in Maine, and am about to be able to have time to dedicate to it hopefully next week. Patience is required when modding cars. Contrary to popular belief, this stuff doesn't just happen overnight; especially when you have other more pressing projects happening.

wuz up dog. whats the most horseypower you can spray with your turbo? just wandering cuz i wuz thinking of spraying some turbo through mine too.

wuz up dog. whats the most horseypower you can spray with your turbo? just wandering cuz i wuz thinking of spraying some turbo through mine too.

Um, what??? :confused:

When you "spray", you spray nitrous oxide.

When you employ a turbocharger for more power then you are "boosting" the intake manifold pressure beyond the regular 14.7 psi atmospheric pressure found at sea level which will net more power.

I have had the diff built for a while now. FRPP 4.10s with FRPP Traction Lock. The pinion brace is designed and will not be built till the diff is actually going into the car to get a perfect fit.

The driveshaft was the hold up. The LS driveshaft is a little different than the norm. But as I researched I found it to have similar pilot bushing style flange design and flex couplers as the new GTOs, BMWs, Supras... A average shaft shop doesn't have the equipment to work on it, balance it etc. A shop around here said they could at first and then chickened out when they saw it. Just as well as I wouldn't want to be their first. I had to send it to NC where "The Driveshaft Shop" is to get the needed modification done. This wasted some time but its done balanced and went out today so I'll have it some time next week. Then ILLS and I have to match schedules to do the install as hes gonna do the welding for me on the pinion brace. That and hes doing his next so we will likely fab 2 pinion braces up right away.

DS1.jpg

DS2.jpg

DS3.jpg

:rolleyes: silly LS driveshaft :rolleyes:
if only my camera had batteries, i forgot about a pic i took when i went to the strip about a couple months ago. there was a guy there with a 5.0 in a miata, and he was using a tbird rear end!! i took some pics for ya but i totally forgot. i guess thats what happens when you have a 2 gig card for your camera, some pics just get lost, ill find them someday.........................

What's a broad ball park price figure on the kit you think? I have been updating myself since day one's post (before I even became a member). But, it was going through my head all day about the sts turbo kit, how would you go about on keeping water outside of the piping etc.. If you ask me I actually like it better then a traditional turbo kit because when you pop the hood and they see no turbo that's what would put a big grin on my face. But, I will stay tuned. Keep up the good work.

What's a broad ball park price figure on the kit you think? I have been updating myself since day one's post (before I even became a member). But, it was going through my head all day about the sts turbo kit, how would you go about on keeping water outside of the piping etc.. If you ask me I actually like it better then a traditional turbo kit because when you pop the hood and they see no turbo that's what would put a big grin on my face. But, I will stay tuned. Keep up the good work.

Since I am not a vendor here I will try to keep pricing out of the main forum; though I believe I did slip up once. If you want some idea's of pricing for STS Universal kits then PM or email me.

There are many ways to keep water out of the intake. Just installing a small splash shield will do just fine and protect it from everything but the deepest water. Then you could also slip on a drycharger "sock" around the filter element which will also help keep things dry.

My '02 LS is the Maxton/National Land Speed Record Holder in both E/FCC & E/FSS running an LSKoncepts intake duct and Magnaflow exhaust. I am sponsored by NX and run methanol in the CC class and race gas in the SS class. I will be installing a well-worked-over 4.0 Jag engine and a C-4 with GearVendors OD this next year. The car will be twin-turbo'd AND sprayed. Since both turbos and spray are 'demand' items I can find a total of 800-900 HP with everything 'go' and about 350 for every-day driving. I am a contract writer for Primedia and will most likely be detailing the modifications in Turbo and High-Tech Magazine. Turbo lag with turbos mounted in the muffler spaces is easy to remove by properly adjusting the boost controller. I've talked with Squires but he is not friendly. I intend to make the magazine series a true do-it-yourself info package for those with a moderate degree of fabricating skill. Google 'bensplace.us' for more info.
Ben Garrick

Last edited:
My '02 LS is the Maxton/National Land Speed Record Holder in both E/FCC & E/FSS running an LSKoncepts intake duct and Magnaflow exhaust. I am sponsored by NX and run methanol in the CC class and race gas in the SS class. I will be installing a well-worked-over 4.0 Jag engine and a C-4 with GearVendors OD this next year. The car will be twin-turbo'd AND sprayed. Since both turbos and spray are 'demand' items I can find a total of 800-900 HP with everything 'go' and about 350 for every-day driving. I am a contract writer for Primedia and will most likely be detailing the modifications in Turbo and High-Tech Magazine. Turbo lag with turbos mounted in the muffler spaces is easy to remove by properly adjusting the boost controller. I've talked with Squires but he is not friendly. I intend to make the magazine series a true do-it-yourself info package for those with a moderate degree of fabricating skill. Google 'bensplace.us' for more info.
Ben Garrick

Are you trying to advertise something or?..........:confused: Your post struck me more as an ad than a normal person just posting.

I suggest that you make your own thread about whatever build you plan to do rather than posting your stuff in this thread.

TT's and spray is not necessary. The TT's will make all the power you will need. If you want more power then just turn the boost up a little more. I would suggest continuing to run that meth injection though, that will net more power while also adding a little more safety. Also turbo lag in remote mounted setups is taken care of by proper sizing of the turbine housing. The boost controller boost reference point will have a slight bearing on the spool time and response of the turbo, but not nearly as much as the turbine housing A/R being sized smaller.

I don't know who you talked to at STS but I can assure you everyone I have talked to there are real friendly and try to be as helpful as possible. It was this way when I was a regular customer as well as now being a dealer for them.

Ah, I see. Thanks for responding about that in this thread. But, that's all I would be afraid of. Because in south Georgia there is very deep water sometimes on I-75. But, I guess that's a risk you have to take. I guess I will just suspend my financial questions until you complete your project. I will be checking back a lot. So, please update when your done this is a true sleeper project if you ask me. I don't know anyone who would assume a Lincoln LS to have a turbo. If you ask me not only would it be worth the speed but, the enjoyment of winning against a easily modified vehicle(that look on there face).

Are you trying to advertise something or?..........:confused: Your post struck me more as an ad than a normal person just posting.

I suggest that you make your own thread about whatever build you plan to do rather than posting your stuff in this thread.

TT's and spray is not necessary. The TT's will make all the power you will need. If you want more power then just turn the boost up a little more. I would suggest continuing to run that meth injection though, that will net more power while also adding a little more safety. Also turbo lag in remote mounted setups is taken care of by proper sizing of the turbine housing. The boost controller boost reference point will have a slight bearing on the spool time and response of the turbo, but not nearly as much as the turbine housing A/R being sized smaller.

I don't know who you talked to at STS but I can assure you everyone I have talked to there are real friendly and try to be as helpful as possible. It was this way when I was a regular customer as well as now being a dealer for them.

Not trying to sell anything---although Primedia might like to sell a few more magazines, it doesn't put an extra penny in my pocket. I guess I was just struck by the different ways to accomplish the same thing. They say 'The proof of the pudding is in the eating'. I'll be back at Maxton next March. Thanks for your suggestions---and sorry if you thought I was stepping on your thread.
Ken Sheffer from Ben's Place.

Members online

No members online now.
Back