Nitrous to Turbo...Out with the old and in with the new...

ILLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2005 Lincoln LS STS single turbo project by KBX Performance...

LS Turbo System Parts Pics 010.JPG

LS Turbo System Parts Pics 011.JPG

60 Trim Turbo Pics 006.JPG

What?! Is this in production, like can we start buying this? You should give way more detail about this. I'm not a nitrous fan but I love Turbo's!

yea def. need to know some more about this. i got cai and the xcal2. no exhaust yet but if the turbo was somewhat beneficial like more power/better gas mileage i would be down. 15mpg is killing me. $3.40+ for prem in ny is rough.

what kinda of power does a turbo give a car like ours? any other benefits too? more mpg or anything?

i don't really know much about turbos. :)

its gonna have to be remote mounted right? There's no way four fitting that thing int he engine bay. BUt that FMIC is gonna look sweet. How much boost rob?

Can you say...sleeeeeeeper

Hmmm what else will I be able to play with? I have already played with a few C5 Corvette's, LS1 & LS2 GTO's as well as WS6 T/A with the nitrous. Their jaws all dropped once I started pulling on them. A few of them I pulled pretty hard on from a roll.

Speaking of sleepers I hear there is this one fella with a Gen 1 LS that might try hitting high 13's while naturally aspirated with some "special" 4.10 gears and a LSD.

I was under the impression that our V8's were not really made to handle a whole lot of boost. I'm all for the project. Hell yeah. Is this the Squire's Turbo System ststurbo.com. Twin turbo that sucker if you can. good luck.

I wanna know what it sounds like! I love the sound of a turbo powered car and even so much more when the valve lets go. PSHHHH vrrooom Psshhhh, god I love that sound!

I was under the impression that our V8's were not really made to handle a whole lot of boost. I'm all for the project. Hell yeah. Is this the Squire's Turbo System ststurbo.com. Twin turbo that sucker if you can. good luck.

These LS V8's are not made to handle allot of boost in stock form which is why the smartest/ONLY way to do forced induction on any of these cars is with a turbo on low boost. No other type of forced induction will be able to contend as a viable option for making good power in these cars and still remaining reliable.

Twins would be a waste of money on a car like this unless it had a custom built bottom end and a few other things.

I have seen a turbo added to the V8 already.. but isn't the plumbing a pain in the ass? Also.. hope for a turbo on the V6?

And, I'm glad to see this project on LvC, as I can watch it unfold!

I have seen a turbo added to the V8 already.. but isn't the plumbing a pain in the ass? Also.. hope for a turbo on the V6?

And, I'm glad to see this project on LvC, as I can watch it unfold!

The turbo you seen on that V8 LS a few years back was sort of thrown together in some ways. Still a respectful and valiant effort. This will be one heck of allot better (professional) install, tuning, and power.

Seeing a V6 turbo LS all depends on who is willing to spend a little money and part with their LS for a little while during the install. Honestly I have not put allot of thought into turboing the 6'er in the LS but it should be pretty straightforward. You all do have stock forged connecting rods IIRC so you have that going for you.

hurry up and finish/post pics/videos...

Slooooooow down there killer. ;) The project is not even slated to get started until early September. Once it is started then progress will be recorded for your viewing pleasure.

Whats the cost I cant see it being all that much as far as turbo kits go. And whats the instalation like? Can anyone with some experience put it together?

If you have it on you shold post pics. Maybe a clip, I wanna see this and here it. What controllers can be used with this? Oh and what size turbo?

Sorry for the interogation but I really want one right now.

Basically any boost controller will work with this as a boost controller is a pretty universal piece of equipment.

An experienced Do-It-Yourselfer that has a little bit of basic design and metal fabricating skills would be able to do it for both a Gen1 or Gen2 LS. The base Universal Stage 1 kits cost $1,995 that comes with the bare bones major pieces that you will need. Then just acquire a few additional pieces like the cold/hot side tubing and connectors and any air/fuel/tuning mods that will be needed and you are good to go. What I usually do for my customers who want to save some money and have some fun doing it themselves is sell them the Universal Stage 1 kit and then give them recommendations for all the rest of the parts & pieces as part of my continuing customer service. Hopefully whichever shop you go through will do the same. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back