New project (Barn yard find)

Donor car... Just wait, it'll get cleaned up and be the newest DD...

"Too clean to strip!"

I'm waiting for it.

:)

Donor car... Just wait, it'll get cleaned up and be the newest DD...

"Too clean to strip!"

I'm waiting for it.

:)

LMAO!!! I know there's grounds for that comment. lol... It's my nature to not want to strip these cars & trust me. I DON'T WANT TO but I have to!

I'd clean the interior beyond belief. Pull out both front seats, clean them thoroughly, pull out the carpet, clean & die it so it looks new again, clean the back seat, replace the center console lid, replace the driver's side door panel, install the new A/C evaporator that came with the car, pull the landau top, repaint & really enjoy her. However there are 2 projects literally waiting on the part out of this car. I'm almost more excited about my 2nd project (surprise). Can't wait to get started. I even have the guy that's going to do the work for me practically for free!
;)

Well guys so far this is going way faster than I expected. This is where we're at as of last weekend:

Just pulled out both motors this week after these pictures were taken. Gotta take pictures of the pulled out Mk8 motor. Don't have pics of that yet.

20130620_132202_zpsd53245b9.jpg

20130620_121208_zps87db8c90.jpg

20130620_132256_zps68fc0cf7.jpg

20130620_145829_zps56ec4efa.jpg

20130620_153806_zps0a2aefe2.jpg

Next step, chroming the valve covers & powder coating the intake black. Not planning on switching to the Cobra intake until much later.

By the way, found this little helpful thread on the moddedmustangs forum. Helped big time!!!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/190648-infamous-lincoln-mark-viii-engine-swap-thread.html

subscribed! how hard is it to pull a mark engine out the top and what kinda time frame am i looking at?
thanks and good luck with the swap.

subscribed! how hard is it to pull a mark engine out the top and what kinda time frame am i looking at?
thanks and good luck with the swap.

We hired an "at home" mechanic. Guy comes over with his tools (NO AIR TOOLS) & with my help & my stepfather, in 3.5 hours the motor was out, tranny was out, drive shaft out, gas tank was out & exhaust was out. I went over there tonight. Took a picture of the engine bay on the Lincoln for you guys to enjoy. Can't believe this was a perfectly driving car & now it sits heartless. :( One less Mark on the road.

20130628_212438_zps4cfd17bd.jpg

Actually, I myself, maybe have 4 air tools, but don't use them at all. I am so used to doing it the hard way, I just don't really care for them, but yes they do make the job a whole lost easier in faster, I just prefer the knuckle busting way, for now at least. Great progress though! Should start assembly of my brothers 97 4v
GT in the few coming weeks. ^_^

The mark viii swap seems to pretty common from looking at the mustang forums for the non pi stangs to pickup big power with about the same cost as doing the pi swap. I have a 96 gt with 225k on it, maybe its time for a heart transplant. Keep everyone posted and put pics and tips when u run into any snags.

Yeah, added another car to the stable so threw the sig pic together quickly. It's temporary though because now that I have the SUV I need the prairie tan Mark gone ASAP &
sunot_zps7433c9a0.gif
I'm on the fence about selling the blue Mark as well.

Wow. I thought you would have wanted to enjoy your blue beauty a little longer. That's sad news. :(

Wow. I thought you would have wanted to enjoy your blue beauty a little longer. That's sad news. :(

Still planning on keeping it but I just don't understand why my passion for these cars has just died. Both my Marks have been sitting on the side of my house for well over 2 weeks. I've been doing little things here & there to the blue car to keep my spirit going but I just don't feel the same. Once I've sold the prairie tan then I'll decide what to do with the blue one.

I actually got that way for a moment, too, after going through the stress of the valve cover job and the little damage that I had to deal with. Then the throttle body being too clean came immediately next. So I relaxed and left her alone... for a second. I got burned on doing so much at once. I sincerely hope your apathy doesn't last long. The MK8 world would not be the same without UltimateSVT.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I actually got that way for a moment, too, after going through the stress of the valve cover job and the little damage that I had to deal with. Then the throttle body being too clean came immediately next. So I relaxed and left her alone... for a second. I got burned on doing so much at once. I sincerely hope your apathy doesn't last long. The MK8 world would not be the same without UltimateSVT.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I just find myself having more fun with the new Yukon than I do with the Mark. There's so much aftermarket stuff for my Yukon that I don't even know where to begin. With the Mark unless I plan on making it "go fast" which I don't want to... I'm pretty much DONE! So once again I'm bored just like I feel with my prairie tan.

Hey guys, this is where were at now. Things are lookin good. I get the feeling that by this time next weekend the Mustang will be running but I don't want to get ahead of myself. It's been an interesting road. Not the easiest for sure. Finding OEM Cobra headers proved itself to be one of the hardest things of the build. Ppl upgrade to racing headers & just toss OEM's. We finally got a set yesterday after I posted a WTB ad on Craigslist. Headers went on this morning & so did this valve covers. Engine was supposed to go in today but we noticed we bought the wrong torque converter so it will have to wait another couple days.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. PS: The polished valve covers? I'm SOOOOOO doing this to my blue Mark very, very soon.

20130708_140752_zps2309491c.jpg

20130705_211345_zpse0680152.jpg

20130705_211814_zpscbc44070.jpg

20130705_211836_zps67a12c02.jpg

You said polished valve covers I wasn't so sure, but after seeing them, incredible! love it!

Same thing I was thinking when I saw polished, they look like they have been dipped or like they are actually aluminum that's been polished up. I'm jealous and want some!

Members online

Back