New Best

Try a few rpm ranges on a flash, experiment. I have 9.5 inch 3500 stall with 4.10's and get my best 1200-1400ish flash launches.

Even the mags had the same issue:
transarticle.jpg

I may stop by Teusday with the Road Runner. I don't think Im doing anything Teusday.

your cars like mine, i launch over 2k. off idle is no good for my short times. thats a dang fast second gen for sure!!

How is low end power? I guess ok with that converter? How about cruzing in OD and street use?

my buddy with an 06 gto and my other one with a few mustangs would like to get a run in atco mid july and maybe a few beers afterwards at pic a lili's or something

i should have the cobra brakes, hubswap, rear axles, rear bags, new tires/wheels, and chassis stiffening on by then and will also be joining

let me know if anyone wants to come

How is low end power? I guess ok with that converter? How about cruzing in OD and street use?

With gears, a high stall TC, and the proper tune, you'll never even notice the deletes.

I wouldn't recommend them in an otherwise stock car, though.

Looks like Atco will be a rain-out today, maybe Englishtown tomorrow.....

Last edited:
Great runs. I liked the video. I listened but I can't understand what the announcer is saying ?? Next time I go to the track I going to try launching at idle. I always thought the idea was to throttle up as much as traction would allow, but I've heard a few times that thats not always best so I'll give it a try also. I out ran a SRT 8 also but he knew what he was doing and ran a 12.92 but I ran 12.59. He was beating on the steering wheel on the slow down. Good luck. Give them hell !

Looks like Atco is a rain-out today, maybe Englishtown tomorrow.....

I should be at e-town tomorrow with my Vette. A buddy of mine wants to go to race his 96 Viper GTS for the 1st time.

Ken

The DA isn't very good (1820 @ 3:35 pm), but I'm getting ready to head out to Englishtown.

Back from the track.....

DA was 1205 ft. during my best (last) run, 13.885 @ 99.91. 1.995 60' launching @ 2K. 3,976 lbs. race weight.

I still have one issue with my tune which is probably killing my 60' times, I get a lean spike in the A/F ratio at the initial hit of the throttle, and it takes a few seconds to get down to 13:1. I've shut off the two obvious delays for the switch from closed to open loop, but it didn't help. I guess I'll try playing with the manifold volume to see if that has an effect. :confused:

LM206151102.jpg

Last edited:
How much added timing are you comanding at throttle tip in?

Did you have to DL Firmware 1.15 on your LM2 so you could get smooth rpm readings? The red is maf voltage correct?

Did you have to DL Firmware 1.15 on your LM2 so you could get smooth rpm readings? The red is maf voltage correct?

I haven't downloaded any firmware updates, and I don't know the firmware revision in my LM2 off-hand.

I get RPM from the #1 injector signal. See THIS post.

Yes, the red line is MAF Volts.

Thanks. I was getting crazy RPM readings with the inductive clamp.
I would rather hard wire in and can do maf at same time. Did you or anyone that uses LM2 hard wire in the power wire to unit? (cut off cig adapter) I hate mine sticking out all the time.

Since its about 1/3 of a second and corrects itself right away I wonder if its because of the new port volume and velocity since the car now uses both intake valves at all engine speeds instead of just above 3200. Since the fuel tables take into account the port and plenum size for the targeted A/F you may have to adjust the specified plenum size in the tune.

Sorry thinking out loud. I would imagine you know that and have adjusted accordingly.

On a side note have you data logged the knock sensors to see if they are comanding and retard during that lean spike?

Members online

Back