My Turbo Ls

^+1

Or atleast buy a filter and rig something up

at a bare minimum, i would get some material to go over the inlet, any small particles will wear the hell out of the turb and will carve the sh!t out of the cylinder walls and rings, that ten thousand you've got into her wont take too long to double.

You can even just get a knn rectangular filters, cut it up slightly larger than the inlet and wrap it around. Whats 25 bucks when you already have 10k into the turbo alone.

Yeah thats what i would do better safe than sorry.

Showed Brett, the guy making the turbo kit, your turbo build, says it's similar to his design, he wanted me to tell you good job on it.

If you were to go on the turbo forum and do some searching regarding mesh and filters you'll do yourself some good. Mesh done improperly is terribly restrictive, and the right filter much less so.

KS

some more piks and yea i got the ideal from the guy with the gen 1 v6 manual trany turbo ls BIG thanks to him

s.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

holy triple stack Batman, that is one crazy catch can!

so....um...................

what kind of pressure are ya seeing with her

so whats the real deal here, has anyone ever successfully found any aftermarket pistons, rods, and crank that can handle some serious power for the 3.0? Ive definitely heard a lot of people talk about it being a more common engine.

so whats the real deal here, has anyone ever successfully found any aftermarket pistons, rods, and crank that can handle some serious power for the 3.0? Ive definitely heard a lot of people talk about it being a more common engine.

The crank is about bullet proof in the LS as it's the same as the one used in the Noble M400. It should be noted that you should change you're rod bearings to handle more HP as the stock ones are aluminum. It's recommended to use clevite 77(or was it 777, I don't remember) bearings. Noble also used different rods. I've heard two differing stories one what noble did to help the engine take the abuse. First was that they used shorter rods to get a lower compression ratio and the second is that they used different pistons. I believe they used different pistons though as I've seen dished pistons for the 3.0. BTW the 3.0 in the noble makes 450HP in US form. There at least was a manufacture that made better pistons for the 3.0 but I don't know if they do anymore.

thats where its at boys, i want to see some one put some money into the bottom end and then lets crank up the boost. could possibly see it near 500 if you can get it to handle 15 lbs or more!

A nearby by shop close to Brett's area had an ebay kit catch on fire on them, so avoid those cheap kits.

cylinder count doesn't really matter, as long as its balls out powerful, anything is worth the money. there are more than a few bad @ss 6ers out there.

Sound wise they are weak.

If im gonna drop 4500 id rather have 8 cylinders.

Unless its a Nissan GTR i love that car.

yea the exhaust might not sound as good, but nothing sounds as good as 23psi spooling up and throwing you a$$ into the back seat!!!

i dont think that $4500 is not that much for a crate engine, a Aluminator longblock will cost you over $6k

Members online

Back