my poor ls :(

Happysacks00

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, after deciding to run to 7 11 and get a cup of coffe, this BIT(H ran the red light making a left. My light was green and I was going straight. At the last min, i jam on the brakes and then swerve left to try and avoid her. ABS kicked in and i hit her passanger rear wheel/quarter panel. Heres the damage, Ill post more pics when I take them in the day time.

P.S. and to top it off, my ls isnt up in the rankings for LSOTM :mad:

100_1775.jpg

100_1776.jpg

100_1777.jpg

100_1782.jpg

100_1784.jpg

100_1786.jpg

100_1787.jpg

yeah, ..... as soon as the cop pulled up he said 50/50....she is claiming that she went through the "yellow" light. I dont see how thats possible though, mine was green for a good 1-2 seconds b4 i went

yeah, ..... as soon as the cop pulled up he said 50/50....she is claiming that she went through the "yellow" light. I dont see how thats possible though, mine was green for a good 1-2 seconds b4 i went

Fight it. I had to once when the guy that hit me because he tried to pass around a blind turn with a double yellow the cop talked to the guy and came back and said I don't know who I'm going to find at fault. My dad showed up and first thing he said when he saw the cop talking to the other guy is that the cop knows the other guy. My insurance went to bat for me though when the cop tried to get me for reckless driving, WTF. They wrote to the court stating their findings, obviously passing around a blind turn in a double yellow zone makes the other guy at fault.

yeah im going to, now i dunno how to go about that though, I guess i have to call my insurance company tomorow and let them know what happened. I dont think its that bad, but it really urks me that my car was absolutely fine before tonight, now its goiong to have this little blemish on my carfax and my insurance rates are going to go up, its the lowest its ever been at only 125/month!!

yeah im going to, now i dunno how to go about that though, I guess i have to call my insurance company tomorow and let them know what happened. I dont think its that bad, but it really urks me that my car was absolutely fine before tonight, now its goiong to have this little blemish on my carfax and my insurance rates are going to go up, its the lowest its ever been at only 125/month!!

Any witnesses? camera at the light? Store nearby that may have a parking lot cam. In Cali I know people have have been given a ticket for running a yellow because they consider it a red light warning so therefore if someone has any chance of stopping before the line they need to stop. Also accelerating through on a yellow light can be considered reckless endangerment. It all depends on the cop really.

When I was hit it never went on my carfax for some reason even though it did $5k in damage.

the only thing that was nearby was a dentist/realty office on the other side of the street. Also there was a house at the exact spot we were involved in the accident. So im going to go over there tomorow, and wait the 3 business days the cop tolld me that i have to wait to get a copy of her statement.

That sucks. Dont let them pull one on you.

hate to be the one to tell you, but you are screwed. you hit the rear half of another car, you were not in control of your vehicle. you would have been better off hitting the front half of her car, it would have supported your claim that she pulled out in front of you.
pay the deductable, get it fixed and move on.

wrong. The offending driver is the one who disobeyed a traffic signal. The perpendicular direction of travel of the offending driver makes the "control of vehicle" argument void in reference to happysacks00. If he had rear ended the vehicle as it was traveling the same direction, then that argument would apply. If he was obeying posted speed limits, and all traffic signals, he was doing everything he was supposed to.

wrong. The offending driver is the one who disobeyed a traffic signal. The perpendicular direction of travel of the offending driver makes the "control of vehicle" argument void in reference to happysacks00. If he had rear ended the vehicle as it was traveling the same direction, then that argument would apply. If he was obeying posted speed limits, and all traffic signals, he was doing everything he was supposed to.
completely wrong.

you are responsible for the operation of your vehicle at all times. if this chick had stalled in the intersection, is it Ok for someone to hit her because of her perpendicular direction of travel.

Why do you think the cop said 50/50?

Be glad that you're ok and that it wasn't worse. Your car could look like this, with liability being the only insurance your allowed to get.

Fire001.jpg

I just wished I had your problem. :D If her insurance ends up not paying, pay the deductible and put the front end on there that you really wanted. Make it into the LSOTM. BTW, a car didn't hit me, mine just blew up while I was inside it and inside my garage. Now I have to buy another car out of pocket but the main thing is that I lived with only a cut and minor leg burns and others didn't get killed. Yours could have been worse. I understand that it's a hassle but it will look better than before. Try to remember to PM me when it gets fixed. I wanna see it.

check this out:

Accident Fault is decided by the insurance company, not by the police officer that answered to the scene. Police officers police reports and statements are considered evidence, and they can "persuade" the insurance companies regarding fault.

Avoidance is exactly that. You must attempt to avoid the accident. The fact that another car is at fault, or has done something illegal does not give the driver license to hit them. For example, if a vehicle pulls
out of a stop sign, the driver approaching must try to avoid the accident. No evasive accident could be strong evidence of negligence against the vehicle that had the right of way.

Look, you have very light damage, get your estimates and get it fixed.

I wasn't saying it gives them permission. I'm saying that no matter how safe one drives (obeying all posted limits, signals, and maintaining safe driving distances), If someone else commits a traffic violation that impedes on your safe distance without warning (running a red light, for example, while you are just entering the intersection at the posted speed limit), an accident can become 100% unavoidable. You can cover a lot of distance during the 3/4 second reaction time.

I agree about just getting it fixed. No matter what, that's what's going to happen anyways. The only thing is which insurance company is going to write the check.

I wasn't saying it gives them permission. I'm saying that no matter how safe one drives (obeying all posted limits, signals, and maintaining safe driving distances), If someone else commits a traffic violation that impedes on your safe distance without warning (running a red light, for example, while you are just entering the intersection at the posted speed limit), an accident can become 100% unavoidable. You can cover a lot of distance during the 3/4 second reaction time.

I get what you are trying to say, but he not only needs to prove she ran a red light, the ultimate irony is that he hit her.

violating the law, such as running a red light does relieve Happy from some or all of the liability, but it will be his word against hers.

Do you think she is going to admit to running a red light? I don't think so.

each insurance co. will pay their claim, each driver will pay their deductable and life will go on.

That sucks. At least you weren't hurt. The LS can be fixed.

A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!! Did the investigating officer ask her "is there anything you could have done to prevent the accidant?"If so, what was her answer? Can't believe I am going there. Comon senses, all she had to do was stop and not pull out. She stops. We are not reading this. She is the direct cause of the accident. Did she even look before pulling out? I would bring these facts up to your insurance company, when you call them. I would DEFINITELY get pictures of the intersection too. E-mail them to your insurance company. At worse case, you will be a small percentage at fault. "Why didn"t you stop in time stuff". Being 10% at fault. Beats paying to fix your LS on your own.

I get what you are trying to say, but he not only needs to prove she ran a red light, the ultimate irony is that he hit her.

violating the law, such as running a red light does relieve Happy from some or all of the liability, but it will be his word against hers.

Do you think she is going to admit to running a red light? I don't think so.

each insurance co. will pay their claim, each driver will pay their deductable and life will go on.

True. She probably would never say she ran a red light. Unless she has no common sense ;)

That sucks. At least you weren't hurt. The LS can be fixed.

A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!! Did the investigating officer ask her "is there anything you could have done to prevent the accidant?"If so, what was her answer? Can't believe I am going there. Comon senses, all she had to do was stop and not pull out. She stops. We are not reading this. She is the direct cause of the accident. Did she even look before pulling out? I would bring these facts up to your insurance company, when you call them. I would DEFINITELY get pictures of the intersection too. E-mail them to your insurance company. At worse case, you will be a small percentage at fault. "Why didn"t you stop in time stuff". Being 10% at fault. Beats paying to fix your LS on your own.

some good advice.

You guys are looking too deep into this accident. All she has to say is that the light was green, and she had plenty of cushion to make the turn. she can even accuse him of speeding.
This will be a shock to some, but the insurance companies are going to work together, not the policy holders. they will split the blame, they aren't going to spend money to subrogate the accident, not for this little amount of damage.

stop looking at the accident from the emotional side and look at it from the business side.

He is still screwed.

she admitted to the cop that her light was "yellow". but she is never going to admit that she ran the light. I just called the dentist office that it happened infront of, and they are going to review the tape to see if the camera recorded anything. I am in the process of dealing with insurance now. Anyway, my dad is in the car business and knows alot of ppl, he deals with a shop that will most likely hook me up, make the claim for more than its worth, get an lse bumper and pay for the deductible.

Members online

No members online now.
Back