My New 2004 Lincoln LS

Interesting... I was flipping through the manual and it had a section on Stability control.. was that an option too? cause again never seen an LS with it only Traction Control

I'm afraid that your missing options list is a little short.

V8 - by the way, only 1 MPG difference between the V8 and the V6.
Message center (includes trip computer)
Side curtain air bags (not the same as the side air bags in the seat)
Heated rear seat.
AdvanceTrac (your button looks like the traction control only button)
HIDs
17" wheels
Rain sensing wipers (an option on early 04s)

Still, not bad...

I'm afraid that your missing options list is a little short.

V8 - by the way, only 1 MPG difference between the V8 and the V6.
Message center (includes trip computer)
Side curtain air bags (not the same as the side air bags in the seat)
Heated rear seat.
AdvanceTrac (your button looks like the traction control only button)
HIDs
17" wheels
Rain sensing wipers (an option on early 04s)

Still, not bad...

I believe you can only get the message center on the V8 after 03 so that wouldn't really count

Interesting... I was flipping through the manual and it had a section on Stability control.. was that an option too? cause again never seen an LS with it only Traction Control
AdvanceTrac is the stability control system. Both my current ('06) and previous ('04) LSes have it--in fact, it was one of the things on my requirements list when I bought the '06.

I believe you can only get the message center on the V8 after 03 so that wouldn't really count
Technically, it's not an option, at least not like AdvanceTrac, rear heated seats, or the power-adjustable pedals. It's tied to the engine option--if you have a V8, you have the Message Center; if you have a V6, you don't.

Well I only paid 1,000$ for my V8 LS, oh it had a a broken chain and 2 bent valves. also its got 3.58 rear gear and auto rain sensing wipers.

wow i think thats a little pricey for an 04' V6 with almost 140k miles on the clock.

i got my 03' LS V8 with 58k miles for $8400 cash.

Nice looking ride. I know you will enjoy having this car.

BTW, I used to live in North Kingstown. A very nice area. We really enjoyed our time there. Are you familiar with Butternut Drive?

Doug

wow i think thats a little pricey for an 04' V6 with almost 140k miles on the clock.

yeah, a little....paid $10400 cash for my '03 V8 with 18 thousand miles and every conceivable option box checked..........minus NAV

by the way..he only has 25k on the car

No my Sable had 140,000 miles, they gave me 700 for it..
the LS has 26k miles

tbaylinc said:
welcome, any mods your thinking about doing

Yes actually. I would really like to add an aux port for my mp3 player. Is there a write up on how to do this? I would like to add it in the center console like the new fords/mercurys/lincolns.

Also an LSE grille down the road.

I found LSKoncepts for parts, are there any other sites like that for LS's ?

Yes actually. I would really like to add an aux port for my mp3 player. Is there a write up on how to do this? I would like to add it in the center console like the new fords/mercurys/lincolns.
Look at PIE ( http://pie.net/ ). They have several options available for your head unit. You can add an iPod interface that allows you to use the steering wheel controls; you can add a simple AUX input; you can even add multiple AUX inputs. I have an X3 (three AUX inputs) that I bought from Andy at Anco Auto Specialties ( http://www.ancoauto.com/oscommerce/ ), and it works great.

Do all LS's have the homelink transmitter? (the 3 buttons in the sun visor to open garage doors, turn on lights at home, etc)?

and 03's have auto wipers too.

Do all LS's have the homelink transmitter? (the 3 buttons in the sun visor to open garage doors, turn on lights at home, etc)?

and 03's have auto wipers too.

I have the home-link garage door opener, and I also have Auto Wipers I believe, it says Auto on the MFS

The rain sensitive wipers were discontinued early in the 2004 production, my 2004 has them.

Home-link is standard on the 2nd gen.

Oh lol sorry for the Reading FAIL on my part!!! but yeah nvm then, thats not a bad deal for what you got. Have funn

Congrats

Congrats on the new ride - It looks really sweet.

Why did they discontinue the Auto wipers? Not that they had to give a reason.

Too many warranty claims because owners didn't know how to use them. They (the Bean Counters) figured it would just be cheaper to not install them. I installed this in both our '06s. Once you get the RT-50A dialed in (there is a sensitivity adjustment) it works very well. I mounted the switch in the panel below the fuel door/deck lid buttons. As a side benefit, the headlights will still come on with the wipers (apparently a standard feature on the '06).

Too many warranty claims because owners didn't know how to use them.
If the rain-sensing wipers on my '04 were any indication, I'm not convinced that it really was operator error. Mine never did consistently work acceptably, and I don't miss them at all.

Mine work fine, I was worried after having my windshield replaced a couple years ago, that they would mess it up, but still work good. Sometimes mist seems to fool them but most of the time they work well.

Mine seem to work fine as well; sometimes yes it is annoying when there is a light mist and the sensor doesn't pick it up until it is already impossible to see.

Members online

Back