My New 2004 Lincoln LS

...As a side benefit, the headlights will still come on with the wipers (apparently a standard feature on the '06).

My 04 and my 06 both do this. I don't know if this applies to all gen II or not.

Mine work fine, I was worried after having my windshield replaced a couple years ago, that they would mess it up, but still work good. Sometimes mist seems to fool them but most of the time they work well.

Yea, mist could be an issue. Other than that I really missed them when I gave my 2000 to my daughter. When I heard of the Rain Tracker and investigated, I was sold.

I never heard of the headlights coming on automatically with the wipers, maybe this is only when you have the headlights in auto position?

I usually just manually control my headlights so I am not sure if my 04 does this or not.

I never heard of the headlights coming on automatically with the wipers, maybe this is only when you have the headlights in auto position?

I usually just manually control my headlights so I am not sure if my 04 does this or not.

I don't know what year it was but it is now law in some states, most notable Kalifornia. My early production 2004 does not have this feature.

Yes, it only works this way if the headlight switch is in the auto position.

Several states have laws that require you to turn on the headlights when it is raining. Even if you are in a state that doesn't have this law, you should turn your headlights on when it is raining. (or dark, or in the fog,...)

Yes, it only works this way if the headlight switch is in the auto position.

Several states have laws that require you to turn on the headlights when it is raining. Even if you are in a state that doesn't have this law, you should turn your headlights on when it is raining. (or dark, or in the fog,...)

Mine is an early build 04, built at the end of 03....

I shall test tomorrow if they come on when i turn the wipers on, supposed to get rain tomorrow so I will be able to test out the auto feature :cool:

I have a 2000ls and with headligts in auto and wipers in auto and working my headlights do not come on, nor do they when I have wipers on normally, I thought that was odd cause my 97 mark 8 it was an option that could be toggled on or off to have light with the wipers.

The auto wipers just SUCK balls. I hate them.

My headlights do NOT come on with them though. Maybe it is because I have HIDs.

The auto wipers just SUCK balls. I hate them.

My headlights do NOT come on with them though. Maybe it is because I have HIDs.

No, I have HIDs and they do come on with the wipers. This feature must have been a running change made sometime during the 04 model year.

I tested the wipers today, they work pretty good actually, they stopped when I was under a bridge to get on the highway and they came right back on when I got out... I like them :D

Members online

Back