My Mark is evil.... but it works now!

I heard Bosch plugs have a tendency to blow the threads.

Unity all BS aside, I never had a problem with the boschs blowing out the threads, but I did have a problem with their internal compression seal that would blow out after the plugs weren't in there very long
evidenced by the obvious compression tracking leading up the body of the plug.

The first set of NGK's I put in was when I lost the threads in the #3 hole.

Depend? No, I depend on my education and use the internet as a tool to augment that.

Anymore futile insults?

nah, I actually went back to "trying to help"..but that seems to be "futile" as well.

Hard to start when its freakin cold is usally plugs.

Or a set of really weak coils..

unity, can you check the color of the spark to one of your plugs?

pull the plug and ground it..and have someone try to turn the motor over.

Check for weak, or yellow spark.
If it's not a "bright blue" intense spark, it might be coils.

Just a thought from the far side gallery.

I see we are all getting along so nicely. And E85 is that s#it if your supercharged a 10.5-1.

Or a set of really weak coils..

unity, can you check the color of the spark to one of your plugs?

pull the plug and ground it..and have someone try to turn the motor over.

Check for weak, or yellow spark.
If it's not a "bright blue" intense spark, it might be coils.

Just a thought from the far side gallery.

I will do that. Thank you.

I see we are all getting along so nicely. .

Oh yea.. just sitting around the campfire, telling scary stories in typical LVC fashion.

Dont tell unity I peed on his marshmellows, he's making smores out of them.

I will do that. Thank you.

nah.. no worries sir.

all BS aside, I really would like to help you fix it.

Can you get your hands on a spare VCRM?

Tiffany's car wouldn't "fire the injectors" and it turned out to be the VCRM.
Apparently the "injector drivers, or a relay" for the injectors is in that bastard box.

I put the one from my car onto hers.. bam it started.
I put hers on my car and my injectors wouldn't fire..

This was the first I'd heard of ANYTHING injector related being inside "the bastard box"

OH yeah bush sucks texas is only cool to visit not live and ONLY RUN MOTORCRAFT IN YOR TESKID DUMBA@@

...Says the WisCAAAAANsin folks...
(lol)

Hey, Texas aint all that bad.
Our dragstrips only close from dec 20th til Jan 1st.

I will say this.. Texas is TOO DAMNED close to Mexico in proximity.
But.. there isn't a yard in the neighboorhood that "needs mowing" though.

nah.. no worries sir.

all BS aside, I really would like to help you fix it.

Can you get your hands on a spare VCRM?

Tiffany's car wouldn't "fire the injectors" and it turned out to be the VCRM.
Apparently the "injector drivers, or a relay" for the injectors is in that bastard box.

I put the one from my car onto hers.. bam it started.
I put hers on my car and my injectors wouldn't fire..

This was the first I'd heard of ANYTHING injector related being inside "the bastard box"

A spare VRCM for a 96? I wish. If I ever find one I will get it if I need it at the time or not. I think you know but they are unique to 96.

I did pull one plug and it "looked" ok. They are pretty new. I installed them just last fall when I heard Bosch plugs have a tendency to blow the threads. So maybe 5k on them if that. But I suppose they may be more abused with all the bad starts I had with the starter and the very short trips I take to work, the car does not even heat up.

The thing is yesterday morning it started instantly and it was not much colder. Thats the thing, its hit or miss. Temperature is somewhat related but some morning I expect it to start and it does not fire up right. Then some times I pretty much figure it wont, like yesterday, and it does without a problem.

They are wet now you might have to take them out and dry them, I have done it on a stove or even a bic lighter.
Once there wet your screwed.
Maybe you are beating your Batt. down on your short trips, it takes more to get every thing working in the temps your dealing with.
When I was young and broke I used to have to take the Batt. out of the car and bring it in the house over night during cold snaps so so I knew I could make it to work.
It sucks I know.
I got the frost bite to prove it.

A spare VRCM for a 96? I wish. If I ever find one I will get it if I need it at the time or not. I think you know but they are unique to 96.

Oh yea.. fully aware.. just didn't put 2+2 together and realize yours was one of the "bastard" years.

go ahead and say it.. Tommy cant ADD either.
HAHA

BORN in Texas lived there couple of times throughout my life fun 2 visit and every 1 looks at my wiscaaaaaaansin as@ in short sleevs and shots when it 65 deg out like im crazy. Wisconsin has no emissions so both my mark and cobra powerd panther have NO EMISSIONS NOTHING CATS EGR EVAP GONE

That does it... I'm moving to WiscAAAAnsin

R U ready unity?

OH NO YOU DIDN"T!

bring it!

LoL

I can always use a good teacher

'nut, did you see they turned "fun ford weekend" into "battle of the brands"?

I might have to go back and check this out.
it got to be "no fun" beating up those mustangs all the time.
now they are gonna let Chevy's and Dodges come get abused!

To add insult to injury, my trunk emblem lock cover just fell off. The whole thing. I now have a three piece bar instead of one.

Wow.:eek:

This thread has made the LVC Hall of Shame for personal insults. Congrats to the contestants.:)

I'm 95% convinced your problem is plugs.

Go to Wallymart and get yourself some nice cheap Autolite 764's and gap them to .048-.050. I'm willing to bet your gaps are way bigger. Big gaps will cause a rich condition on cold weather starts. Don't ask how I know.

Staff online

Members online

Back