My Mark is evil.... but it works now!

Of course he is. If you get over 3,000 posts you get a free cookie! Now where the frak is mine?

I was just trying to see what jackasses I could drag out of the rafters
Look it's #1 and #2.. or is it... #2 and #3?

could I be the new #1 jackass?(proud smile)

Oh ya, forgot to add.

-18 and it started up as if it was warm out this morning. Did not even take more than one revolution. Key turn and it was running. I drove around for a bit though to make sure it was warmed up.

I wonder if one issue was the chip and its program. Even when set to "stock" the engine temp never climbed above A. Now if it sits it will get right to the M. I think it was kicking in the fan way to early. That *maybe* kept the engine just a little too cool.

I still plan to replace the spark plugs though. And this was just one morning, will have to see how it starts a few more times yet.

I think MonsterMark a fine job of moderating this thread.

WTF..... MonsterMark... what about me... I didn't stop this thread..

Ya, WTF? I though it was suppose to be warmer this morning.

All schools closed again.

$hit -18 today was -32 here not wind chill.. Cars finally all started by 2 pm.. Wish I had a garage.. that could store a car.

that is one of the things I like about Texas.
We've got lots of dragstrips, 700+ miles of beaches, mountains, desert,hill country, and woodlands.

Granted, the moutains aren't "rockies or smokies" the beaches aren't "Cancun quality" but you wont find a better dragstrip in any other part of the coutry.

from where I am there are 5 dragstrips within 100 miles.
the beach is less than 20
The moutains are about 4 hours away, hill country 2-3 hours away.

you CAN get there from here.

Only problem with TX... to big to far across..

Oh and KK .. I'll give you a cookie at the Beach Party if you pass my post count by then

WTF..... MonsterMark... what about me... I didn't stop this thread..

Well then you proved my point two fold.

I said what I said about MM because he posted in the thread...

I know you posted in the thread, the only difference is..
I didn't know/realize you were a moderator.

which again, proves my point.

The moderators dont run around beating their chests, upholding the law.
it allows the community to grow and not become a stangnant pool of cut and paste answers.

Mespock is not really a mod. Like a special needs child they just entertain him by telling he is one :D

Mespock is not really a mod. Like a special needs child they just entertain him by telling his is one :D
EPIC!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

just got threw reading all of this. air temp was -30 this morning, walked outside turned key and started truck (barely) 162k @ -30 = BIG OLE FU! but she still started, gotta love the 5.0

0116090716.jpg

Damn. I am still surprised my Mark started. But with the ECU reset, etc who knows. It may adjust back to not starting.

The only good thing about a deep freeze is the kill off of insect larva! Should make for a few less mosquitoes. Now if it warms up in spring and we get a deep freeze, all the better :)

Hate bugs. My car seems to aim right for em.

Thanks for the compliment to the site Tommy.

Guys like Rich do a great job and fortunately learned the 'right' way to mod a forum.

I drove 400 miles today and the best I hit was -38F. Averaged 20.2 mpg @ 80.

I had to put cardboard in front of the AC Condensor because at 80 mph, it was like having a 120 degree thermostat. The car just couldn't make heat. I did say a prayer that my baby wouldn't let me down. She didn't.

Ya. I noticed that too. I can not keep the engine core temp up at all in these temps.

I had to put cardboard in front of the AC Condensor.

I used to have to do that on my svo mustang, it had a big radiator and an Itty bitty motor.
I blocked half the radiator in the winter so the cars heater would work.

Hate bugs. My car seems to aim right for em.

One of the things I liked about my first gen....it was invisible to bugs.
the lights sucked so bad the bugs weren't even attracted to them.

now my second gen is a bug magnet

HOLY WTF did i walk into on this thread,just checked it out now, i didnt know i was hacking into some private chat session with Unity and XLR .
4 pages to find out Unity car didnt start because it was cold outside :D

good reading ,thank you

not as bad as when Debi posted her 13._ _ time in a stock 96 Mark VIII... That went wild..

<----- that was best thread ever!!

Dunno. But its still starting like a champ with the chip out. Yes its getting warmer out. But you turn the kay and it instantly starts. Even before on a warm day it would take four revolutions to start, give or take.

Also I put the chip back in after checking the contacts. Same BS with the no starts/long starts.

Its has a "stock" program and before the starter went south I was using that since it seemed to start a little better. But it still took some cranks to start it in stock.

Also the "stock" program seemed to have the cooling fan kick in earlier so I am not sure how truly stock it was.

Thinking of it.

But I NEED something, so I am looking at some tuning software that XLRVIII may help me with. I think he said I may need a chip. I forget. :)

Members online

Back