My Mark is evil.... but it works now!

Wow.:eek:

This thread has made the LVC Hall of Shame for personal insults. Congrats to the contestants.:)

I'm 95% convinced your problem is plugs.

Go to Wallymart and get yourself some nice cheap Autolite 764's and gap them to .048-.050. I'm willing to bet your gaps are way bigger. Big gaps will cause a rich condition on cold weather starts. Don't ask how I know.

LOL

Ya.... I think we have it out of our system now, its all good.

I think I will do the plugs then. Cant hurt and they are cheap enough.

Might as well check the spark at each plug while you're at it and make sure the boots, etc are OK.

unity, i am pretty sure that your gas line has gelled or froze, my friend runs e-85 in his tauruss and it has gelled the last three years, and he hasn't been able to use his since new years, not saying it is e-85 but your gas line is probably just fozen, i know. and the other day i was driving behind you and seen your emblem is the cobra star from lms, and i have the same one, i took off my cover and it fell right off onto the ground

and the other day i was driving behind you and seen your emblem is the cobra star from lms, and i have the same one, i took off my cover and it fell right off onto the ground

Was not me. But mine is black so maybe you thought so. I have no sticker/badges, etc.

Still ticked the whole thing fell off. I have another tail bar though.

Well this was a read.. not as bad as when Debi posted her 13._ _ time in a stock 96 Mark VIII... That went wild..

Or when Dr. Phil and Mr. Wilson were on the forum.. But not as bad as the Politcal forum LOL...

glad you guys worked this out.. or at least saw the light.. LOL...

I was going to call Cal over to help you out...

Well its up and running. I brought the battery inside this morning and used the booster pack as a charger.

It took A LOT of work to get it going. The battery and booster were draining again so I had a Jeep hook up to charge to a few minutes then tried starting again. After a few attempts it was finally up and going.

Now its running nice and smooth. Going to let it sit for 45 minutes idling to warm up. By 10 is should still be warm enough to start easily.

Total pain.

Since its running fine now I think I will take the advice about the spark plugs and do those. I will also toss on a new fuel filter to be sure.

I like that tank heater and lower hose heater. Neat stuff and not expensive.

I am moving to a place and the end of the month. The garage is built into the lower level so its always warm enough to melt snow. I think that will put an end to this issue for good in the mornings.....

But at work this would still be great. I could plug it right in. On a forum they setup a timer so you could just plug it in but the heater would not turn on until an hour and a half before he would normally want to start it.

The tank heater looks like the easiest to put in. With my engine and cooling lines nothing like a stock Mark I ended up with them easy to get to. Would be no work to install that one. Finding a location for the heater might be a nit of work though.

They work, I wish I had one on my Bronco.
My old truck had one and I miss it.
This morning it was -20.
The truck started but a tank heater would have made it start and warm up faster.
I have a 20 mile drive, I warmed up the truck for 10 min.... the truck never did get real warm.
The thing is not every winter is this bad.
Maybe once in every five years.
But once its installed you dont have to worry about it. Just plug it in.

Glad you got it going.

This thread has made the LVC Hall of Shame for personal insults. Congrats to the contestants.:)

It was freaking dead around here..we had a "leaking dryer" thread and a "moon roof thread".

So did I come in FIRST or Second?

LOL I think I might be the student.
I am sure you have a few more passes then I do.

We'll have to see, I've got over 5000 of them.
But that doesnt mean I am/was doing it right.

I like picking the brains of other racers, more times than not.. I learn something.

I was going to call Cal over to help you out......

I wish someone would send Cal over here so he could learn that "just because two users are having a pissing contest" it doesnt mean the almighty forum god needs to intervene.

Most 99% of the time these kinds of things either work themselves out, or the two involved lose interest.

Sometimes it's best to let dissagreements run their course, everyone has their "say" and in the end..it's NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!

Cal could learn alot from LVC.

I think MonsterMark a fine job of moderating this thread.

LOL I think I might be the student.
I am sure you have a few more passes then I do.

I'll teach you all my bracket racing tricks..
IF you'll teach me out to "get my point across" in two simple sentences like you do.

Hell.. your TWO WORD post "BLOW ME" was better than ALL my novels put together.

HAHA
See.. even this post, got out of control.

I'll teach you all my bracket racing tricks..
IF you'll teach me out to "get my point across" in two simple sentences like you do.

Hell.. your TWO WORD post "BLOW ME" was better than ALL my novels put together.

HAHA
See.. even this post, got out of control.

LOL short and to the point thats all you need.

As far as the strip you have me beat on passes by well maybe 4800 ;)
I would love to live by a strip that was open 10 months out of the year.
Humm maybe when I move out of this god foresaken state.

I will have to put it on my list......Mountains....beach "those two for the woman"....DRAGSTRIP for me :)

I will have to put it on my list......Mountains....beach "those two for the woman"....DRAGSTRIP for me :)

that is one of the things I like about Texas.
We've got lots of dragstrips, 700+ miles of beaches, mountains, desert,hill country, and woodlands.

Granted, the moutains aren't "rockies or smokies" the beaches aren't "Cancun quality" but you wont find a better dragstrip in any other part of the coutry.

from where I am there are 5 dragstrips within 100 miles.
the beach is less than 20
The moutains are about 4 hours away, hill country 2-3 hours away.

you CAN get there from here.

mid 50's right now, Bright sun light,dry, not a cloud in the sky
high barometer, low humidity.

perrrrrfect dragstrip weather.

And for my last trick.

Unity, I was wr..wr..wrwr
I mean.. I was Wrwr....wr

I was wrong dammit, there I said it!

P.S. I'm GLAD i was wrong..haha

Members online

Back