My Mark is evil.... but it works now!

unity

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Especially when its cold out.

In fact, its ticking me off. Ok, so I had that starter issue. New starter and I do think that was the biggest starting issue. It would pull too much when starting and cause many bad starts, especially when cold or when the car was hot.

Either way, starter was an issue and replaced.

Since then it starts A LOT easier - when it does at least.

Right now I am leaning towards the crank position sensor, again. But I wanted some input on anything else.

I cleaned the MAF and contacts and added some dielectric grease. I also cleaned the crank position sensor and added some grease.

The scenario is that it "almost" fires up then fails during a crank. You can hear a few pistons fire but it never gets full over. The actual cranking is strong and fast with the new starter. All grounds and cables look good and clean. I even hooked up a booster pack to the relay box positive and the block of the engine for ground.

Starting fluid, which I hate to even use, did not help.

Its not flooded. I have been doing the petal to the floor trick, the injectors dont fire. And if it was flooded I would not be getting ANY detonation, but I always get some.

By the way, I also pulled the dang SCT chip. Buh bye!

So either ECU or crank sensor I am thinking. Wish I had a spare ECU on hand.

is this the car that you run E85 in?

If the injectors aren't firing it's one of 2 things.
Cam Sensor or VRCM

Ya, combustion.

Injectors are firing. If I let off the pedal you can hear them and I will get some fuel smell.

Have not run E85 in a long time.

-6 ? I wish, -9 and thats warmer than the -16 it was just a little earlier.

No matter how cold, it should still start really.

I think I may have to just wait for a warmer day but I brought in the MAF and battery. Battery is charging.

By the way, the battery is new. About two weeks from install I think. Whenever the starter went in.

Could the alt cause a problem?

Have not run E85 in a long time.

You might have some E85 "goo" on the fuel pump sock.
I saw an "E85 car" here in houston that has some really really bad stuff on the fuel pump sock.

The guy SWORE up and down it wasn't related to E-85...

but in the end it was due to existing moisture in the tank the bonded itself with the E-85 and wrecked his fuel system... he fought and fought with it before "selling it" off to the "buy a junker" program for old vehicles.

No matter how cold, it should still start really.

If you have "gel" in your fuel system, that stuff "congeals" at a low temp and becomes a "near solid".

Why it "eventually starts" is probably due to the return style fuel system that circulates the fuel back to the tank, stirring up the tank and disloging the "gel".

I know you "dont want to hear" any of this, but you might have to drop the tank and check out the sock on the fuel pump...

Remember we "tried" to tell you not to pump that "Crap" into your tank... and a solid case of "denial" wont serve you very well at this point.

You can argue the benifits of E-85 til the end of the earth, but I still think it's been the cause of your "detonation problem" and now your "fuel system related issues".

Doubtful the alternator is causing a "no start issue".

Well the pump and sock are new and I had run E85 before that.

It could be moisture in the system though, that I will not discount.

Also when E85 "bonds" with moisture it creates an acid which actually cleans the system out very well, too well in fact. But it takes YEARS for any damage to even start showing and thats assuming there is always water in the system.

I know A LOT about E85.

Remember we "tried" to tell you not to pump that "Crap" into your tank... and a solid case of "denial" wont serve you very well at this point.

You can argue the benifits of E-85 til the end of the earth, but I still think it's been the cause of your "detonation problem" and now your "fuel system related issues".

Doubtful the alternator is causing a "no start issue".

I know your a complete ass. But :q:q:q:q off and stay out of this thread. Good bye.

Well the pump and sock are new and I had run E85 before that..

"NEW" doesnt mean it's not contaminated "again".

and I dont buy for a second that water mixed with E-85 "CLEANS" your fuel system.

E85 is still 15% gasoline. Water and GAS= GEL

the acid the forms when E-85 and water mix is in no shape or form a "fuel system CLEANER" nor could it be considered a PLUS.

again, I KNOW you dont want to hear any of this.. I actually considered not replying because I knew you'd start spewing "Pro E-85" drivel..

I'll bow out and let you return to "throwing parts at it".

I'm sorry.. I didn't and wont "sing along" with your little E-85 ditty.

And if you think cussing at me and telling me to "GO AWAY" stop picking on my bad idea of E-85 is going to HELP you any...
myeah... M'kay.

What are you gonna say to the next person that doesn't "sing along with you"?

you gonna stop your feet, cuss them out and CRY because they dont follow your "bad ideas"..

I know your a complete ass. But :q:q:q:q off and stay out of this thread. Good bye.

Why am I an ass.. because I can "remember" your E-85 revelation and CAN apply it to the problem you now have?

man, you get REALLY pissy when someone attempts to prove you made a mistake.

myself.. if I make a mistake.. I generally THANK those people that try to get me back on the right track.

I can see your not one of those people that will admit they "made a mistake".

I DID MAKE A MISTAKE.. by THINKING for a second that you would listen..
My bad.. I wont make that mistake again.

KEEP chunking parts at it bro.. you'll find the problem eventually.

AND.. when it turns out to "be what I said".. I dont expect you to come back and actually give me credit for helping you out.

*sniffles*
Unity tried to kick me out of HIS thread... OH BOOO HOOOOO.

WTF dude, grow up. I did not preach anything about E85. I stated a fact that shows yet again how completely stupid you are. Do yourself a favor and read up on E85. You might actually get a little "smarter".

nah.. you've proven everything I need to know about E-85

P.S. I have inspected over a million gallons of gasoline over the course of my carreer.

I have forgotten more about fuel than you will ever know.

Lets see. 42 psi at start up and 38 when cranking. Yup, fuel pressure is fine.

Besides being a well known dick, tommy is again wrong.

P.S. when you cant distinguish between detonation and combustion, you probably shouldn't be "talking down to me".

ALSO.. when ONLY 1 person posts anything in an attempt to help you.
Cussing them out probably isn't the best way to thank them.

Since you have so much help from "other people" in this thread I'll leave you to discuss your issue with ALL THOSE PEOPLE LINING UP TO HELP YOU.

you know why there isn't more help...because your a complete utter tool bag when someone happens to "disagree" with your narrowminded perception of what IS and ISN"T real.

When I dissagree'd with your E-85 revelation, you did the same thing back them.

SERVES me right to THINK you'd actually LISTEN.
again... your an utter and complete toolbag...when someone doesnt "sing along with you".

Lets see. 42 psi at start up and 38 when cranking. Yup, fuel pressure is fine.

Besides being a well knows dick, tommy is again wrong.

yea... I"m a dick..but I know WTF I'm talking about.

Do you actually think your little fuel pressure test means anything.

SO yea.. you have PRESSURE.. but at "WHAT VOLUME"?

again.. I'm completely screwing up by trying to HELP you.

Do you realize it's very EASY to pressurize an orfice the size of a number 2 PENCIL...pressure isn't ALWAYS the issue.

Lack of pressure IS an issue.

But the presence of pressure doesn't mean your PUMP is putting out the correct VOLUME to go with that pressure.

your the expert though...and I still dont see a HORD of people chiming in to try and help you.

if you weren't so resistant to what other people say you wouldn't be such a tool bag.

Keep pissing into the wind unity..

I would rather be a "toolbag" when someone disagrees with me than be one ALL the time like you.

Ok Unity.
In my first reply I gave you two SOLID leads to what your problem was.
you ignored that and "LATCHED your dick suckers" onto my comment about E-85.

then you want to start calling me names when I'm the ONLY SWINGING DICK that is/was willing to help you?

Keep your dicksuckers wrapped around that E-85 comment and IGNORE the helpful tips I left for you..

RUN out and buy yourself a NEW alternator since that is what YOU THINK is the problem.. or go buy yourself a new PCM.

For such a smart guy your stupidity amazes me sometimes.

Let us know how well that alternator makes your CAR START.
(shakes head)

Tell the truth, YOU and ABE are the same guy.... right?

By the way, you need volume to create pressure. If the pump could not maintain proper volume the pressure would start to drop since the injectors would be dumping fuel at a faster volume than the pump could keep up - according to your "theory".

I would rather be a "toolbag" when someone disagrees with me than be one ALL the time like you.

Now look, you have nothing of a techical nature in this reply.

NOW.. your just acting like a little b*tch.

Tommy disagree's with me so I'm just gonna call him names until he goes away.
YEA.. keep that up.. it's working... dip:q:q:q:q.

By the way, you need volume to create pressure. If the pump could not maintain proper volume the pressure would start to drop since the injectors would be dumping fuel at a faster volume than the pump could keep up - according to your "theory".

Well HURRY and replace that alternator and PCM and make sure you follow up and let us know that your "tool bag diagnosis" worked.

you need volume to create pressure.QUOTE]

Granted a very small amount of VOLUME is required to pressurize that TINY fuel rail.. but do you actually think that's "enough volume"...

Wow.. you are an idiot aren't you.

your getting smarter and smarter with EVERY POST... not.

Members online

Back