Mother F'in Deer!!! I think I'm going to cry

Please PM me a price on those.

Believe me... you dont want to. it's not fun

I'm 23, and I've been driving since I was 17... and I've hit a deer in every daily driver I'ver ever had.

first my '77 mustang...

then my '94 GT

Now my poor, poor Mark Viii

Only car I didnt hit a deer with, but came close was my '89 GT, but I drove it only 6 months before wrecking it in the snow
Hey a little bit of pain would be worth getting a new car.

Damn deer!

Yo man sorry to hear about your Mark. I sure could have used some of that meat though. Just joking. I got hit by one 3 years ago on the way to Florida. i am still looking for that bastard deer.Hopefully you can get a nice gen 1 or 2 and hook her up better than new. Keep your head up man. A deer cant get the best of you kid.

I'm speechless. That's totally out of left field & unexpected. SUCKS! I truly hope you are able to get what you want man whether it's rebuilding this one or getting a good replacement Mark VIII.
Thank God I don't have to deal with deer in Miami. ;)

lol, sorry to hear. Maybe you should have blades or guns mounted to the front of your cars like something out of Twisted Metal or Vigilante 8 games...then no more dear!!!

Did you fix your car? And yeah the wrecks look almost IDENTICAL!!

Nope, it had an oil pressure issue and was solved after an oil change, and around the 24 hr mark of owning the car (2 blockes from my buddys garage to tune up) the brakes fail on me and went under a neon and pushed it into a geo doin 15mph!! Sold it a couple days later for some cash and rims and got another one the next day

Please PM me a price on those.

Did you need the wheel also or just the bag off of it? I have to get out back this week and get all I can get off it cause it is going off next Monday for sure. I'm pulling the trunk carpet too. I'm sure you could use a lot of the stuff off the front of this car and if you were close, you could have it but it would be coming without the rear suspension. :D Some guy is building a 59 Ford truck and he'll be using the Marks rear suspension for his project. He's already bought the front seats out of it for the truck. He's also using a 98 Mark engine and that's how I got my 98 tranny because he didn't want an automatic.

Did you need the wheel also or just the bag off of it? I have to get out back this week and get all I can get off it cause it is going off next Monday for sure. I'm pulling the trunk carpet too. I'm sure you could use a lot of the stuff off the front of this car and if you were close, you could have it but it would be coming without the rear suspension. :D Some guy is building a 59 Ford truck and he'll be using the Marks rear suspension for his project. He's already bought the front seats out of it for the truck. He's also using a 98 Mark engine and that's how I got my 98 tranny because he didn't want an automatic.

I'm not sure if I need a wheel or not actually... I havent really take a good look, but it appears to be okay. I'll PM you my email address in a reply so you can get me some good pics of that stuff if you dont mind.

Pray for my Lincoln!! the adjuster is looking at it right now :(

I wish I was there... but I'm stuck at work!!! :mad:

I'll find out when the claims dept. calls me today...

I was talking with the adjuster about parts, and he said due to state law... I CANT USE MY OWN PARTS THAT I HAVE IN MY OWN GARAGE!!!!!! :mad:

That is such bull:q:q:q:q... I have a MINT chrome brow, another passenger fender, and a buddy of mine has a good hood... AND to top it all off... I can't use USED airbags!!!

It's like the state laws pretty much find every loop hole so they can FUKK you!!!

Pisses me off how the gov. & state laws pretty much screw older cars and their owners...

Jamie, I'm sending you a PM about what the adjuster told me. Hopefully you can help

OH! And I drove by my Mark last night on the way home, and I could tell that they didnt give much of a look at it. They moved a little bit of the remaining underside of the hood and that was it. Nothing else was moved, just the front passenger corner... that pisses me off... Atleast open the damn hood and take a better look. He probably had that car condemned in his mind before he opened his car door!!

It's okay though, I'm going to fight it... I kept 90% of the receipts for things I've bought for that car...

totalling up to close to FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!

That better account for something...

I was talking with the adjuster about parts, and he said due to state law... I CANT USE MY OWN PARTS THAT I HAVE IN MY OWN GARAGE!!!!!! :mad:

That is such bull:q:q:q:q... I have a MINT chrome brow, another passenger fender, and a buddy of mine has a good hood... AND to top it all off... I can't use USED airbags!!!

It's like the state laws pretty much find every loop hole so they can FUKK you!!!

Pisses me off how the gov. & state laws pretty much screw older cars and their owners...

Jamie, I'm sending you a PM about what the adjuster told me. Hopefully you can help

OH! And I drove by my Mark last night on the way home, and I could tell that they didn't give much of a look at it. They moved a little bit of the remaining underside of the hood and that was it. Nothing else was moved, just the front passenger corner... that pisses me off... At least open the damn hood and take a better look. He probably had that car condemned in his mind before he opened his car door!!

It's okay though, I'm going to fight it... I kept 90% of the receipts for things I've bought for that car...

That makes NO SENSE.. If you were going to have a body shop repair the mark, What does he think the guy would use!:mad: What an ass hole!!!:mad:

OH! And I drove by my Mark last night on the way home, and I could tell that they didnt give much of a look at it. They moved a little bit of the remaining underside of the hood and that was it. Nothing else was moved, just the front passenger corner... that pisses me off... Atleast open the damn hood and take a better look. He probably had that car condemned in his mind before he opened his car door!!

Are you sure he didn't mean the shop can't use used air bags?

Like G-man said they will total it and cut you a check.
It takes nothing to total a Mark...I know they did it to mine and my damage is nowhere close to yours.

You just have to decide if you want to fix it or take the cash and look for a different one.

Oh I agree... but apparently that is the law...

I have a feeling the conversation between me and the claims dept. will go something like this:

Claims: "We had an adjuster look at your car and because of the age, mileage, and damage unfortunately we are calling it a total loss"

Me: "Well, how much are you going to offer me on the car?"

Claims: "$$" (only because I don't know what the offer is)

Me: "Well, that is a little low"

Claims: "And why is that?"

Me: "Well, I bought the car for $xxxx, and I have receipts from the past 1 year and 1 month I've owned the car totally up to $4,000. This is not you're ordinary run of the mill daily driver POS honda from '83 with rusty quarter panels. This car was rust free and had one major flaw when I bought it, which was the fender. the transmission went out 2 months after I purchased it and it was replaced with a low mileage transmision that was completely gone through and upgraded, that alone was over $1,200. not to mention $250+ for a COMPLETE tune up, $570 in new 70K mile tires that dont even have 30K on them yet, New Stereo system that cost about $250. $375 worth of suspension parts and $200 worth of air struts that never even made it onto the car! Plus I've gotten FREE parts that came off of cars that my friends have wrecked/junked/etc... most of which were obsolete! I deal exclusively with a fellow down in florida who's main business is parting these vehicles! He has even fixed a few totaled Mark's... This car is by all means repairable. I refuse to take a penny less that $xxxx and I want my car fixed. I can locate half the parts myself and get them, and you could re-emberse me... I just want the body shop to fix my car, I dont care if it has a salvage title or not... I dont plan on ever selling this car. Plus, airbags arent even made for that car anymore... so why cant I buy used one? They meet the same standards as the new ones... So can you please work with me?

Claims: "CLICK"

And thats probably about the time they hang up on me and drop my coverage! LOL :lol:

You will be able to get more cash from them if they try to low-ball you with your receipts.
Dam they gave me $3200 you might fetch $4000.

How bad is it? is the core support pushed in?
You could come out of this sweet....I did.
I found a 94 for $900 put the parts I needed on my 93 and sold the 94 for $1000 put the cash in my pocket...my car paid for its self with what happened.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=32930

Yeah... core is pushed in... hit the radiator and blew it.. If it wasnt for the core support and the airbags... I'd fix it myself. I just cant rebend a bent core support... now I could completely replace it... but I need a daily driver, and have no available garage space to work on my poor car... otherwise I'd be all over it.

but I seem to have this red hatchback paperweight on jackstands still...

Insurance companies are only required to give book on the car unless you have specialty car insurance. Your best bet is to strip off your parts and put them onto another Mark VIII. Unfortunately you will not get all of your money back.

Its A Law Is Many States That You Cannot Repair A Car Yourself With Parts Bought From Anyone Other Than A Licensed Salvage Parts Dealer. If I Was To Sell Him Parts, I Would Have To Write A Bill Of Sale, Have The Vin Numbers From The Cars The Parts Were Removed From, And I Would Have To Show Proof Of My License To Sell, Which Doesnt Exsist! So Someone Like Me Cannot Help Now, He Would Have To Get Parts From The Dealer, Or A Real Junk Yard, Someone Who Sells As A Business. But As Far As I Know , Not Even A Body Shop Is Supposed To Be Able To Buy Used Air Bags, I Think The Air Bags Have To Come From Lincoln.

When my '96 was declared a total loss after a similar encounter, I had it fixed with parts I had and parts I bought. I basically found a shop to install and paint the parts I supplied.

After much haggling and showing reciepts for modifications, I was able to get the value of the car 'above the line'. They wrote a check for the invoice amount from the body shop and the title is clean and clear. I could've probably fought for a bit more but all in all I was satisfied with the end result.

I haven't found anyone yet to insure these cars as 'specialty cars' however. :(

I THINK that once the insurance co. washes their hands with the car and I do a buy back and I get the money for it, I can use whatever parts I have and whatever parts I buy... INCLUDING airbags... I THINK... I'm not sure... Worst case I say F-it and have the body shop atleast straighten or replace the core support and I find the rest of the stuff... Fix it myself which could take months outside... and not have a daily driver.

Or, I could part it and break my heart, buy that '97 LSC that needs work and have a 2nd gen... and probably a headache, lol

Hey Jesse, if you need help repairing it give me a call. It's the least i can do since your going to be welding up my car...

Hi Jim!!

I think this is the first time I've seen you over here since I've been on LVC.. If she's savable I'll be sure to let you know, you've had far more experience than me at these cars.

I'm just glad I didnt get anxious and put that chrome brow on my car that you gave me...

So what made you look for my thread over here? lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back