Mclaren grilles

Thanks guys. I had to get surgery this morning, not fun :(

wait...

Alex, theoretically could you make one piece CDC grilles? I'd like one of those...as well as the mclaren of course.

Yeah, but all it will be is a gen2 surround, then you'll still need to install the mesh over it. If you meant make the whole cdc grille one piece and the mesh be plastic as well, I could do that but I dont think I will, too hard and a stainless steel mesh cdc grille can be made easier with the gen2 surround.

I was lucky enough to find a cdc grille on ebay for a steal.
That reminds me..
How does the lower surround of the cdc attach to the upper? I'm wondering if I'm missing clips or something. I'll post a pic tomorrow

It doesn't attach to it, it just sits really close to it to give the appearance of a complete surround, it its a two piece grille. The top, gen1 grille piece, and the bottom, cdc mesh holder piece.

If you look closely at the cdc grille here, you can see it is a two piece grille. As the grille sits here, the two pieces close to each other to seal the edges, is how it should sit on the car.

DSCN0548.jpg

Here is the grille I made using a gen2 grille, the surround being one piece, no lines on the corners like the original cdc grille.

DSCN0570.jpg

Ok so, whats the specs on the diamond mesh. Trying to find something quality like what was used by CDC, not the duraflex coming from Extreme Dimension but it seems that they've saturated the market with theirs. I wouldnt mind trying to fashion one knowing that I won't be seeing any around anymore to purchase.

Just read this entire thread. Never knew it exisited before, but if this is still an ongoing thing I would pay good money for a Mclaren.

We would all pay good money for a Mclaren.

I don't like them at all... I dont see the reason for all the fuss except for their rarity.

I bet if they were $50 any day of the week, they wouldn't be as popular.

Some people, myself included just aren't that into chrome.

IMO its...

1) Mclaren
2) CDC, which is a really close tie for 1st
3) Stock

so are these grille's still up on the market? if not, i'll just paing my origional one but would very much like the mclaren replica. thanks!!

is there any more mclaren grilles? or will you be making any more? if so i am all in. i have one already on my car but i need and extra one just in case.

Members online

No members online now.
Back