Mark VIII vs Conti.....really ?

That guys a member here. The one with the conti wheels on the mark that had srb,bj and air susp problems.

Edit:

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=83644[/URL]

Yeah, now I know who you're talking about but really, can a Conti seriously outrun a Mark? I know the stock Mark isn't going to run off and leave it like it's standing still but damn, it should do better than that. Let me guess..... his traction assist button was probably on and bogged it down for the Conti to take the win. :cool:

If I don't turn my traction control off it's all over before I even started In my '98

where as my gen 1 would still go like a raped ape with traction control on

I've had a few first generation Marks all with traction control and they would all run just slightly worse if you didn't turn off the traction control. But my 98 really falls on its face if you do not turn it off. Big difference.

"when it turns green, as soon as it turns green!"

"and remember, dont wait on me"

he said dont wait on me but the conti beat him off the light he had a length on him from jumpstreet,if he was paying attention should've won

Ah, looks like you started to reel him in quick at the end, before he hit his brakes. They aren't that bad, and really don't spend off the line, dad had a 97, wouldn't spin the tires from a dig. They do have some badass gauges though!

I had a 98 conti with the b heads and was pretty quick but my 97 lsc was definitely quicker stock the 99-02 conti's are probably a little quicker though with the c heads

can a Conti seriously outrun a Mark? I know the stock Mark isn't going to run off and leave it like it's standing still but damn, it should do better than that

WELP, as the fastest all motor Gen2 in the midwest I can answer that question on two separate scenarios in my Gen2 when it was stock. I raced a Conti on the highway when I was stock and no one was pulling on no one. So, are the Continentals potentially faster than the Gen2s? I am going to say yes, because I had a hell of a time trying to pull ahead of an 02 Conti back in the day. This was a real-life scenario, no lies, no gimmicks. The Continentals in stock form actually have some get up and go as long as the tranny holds together. ;) BUT, are they worthy of a Cobrastar? I am going to say no because they are front wheel drive garbage and once a Gen2 even considers driveline mods its all over for the Conti. My recent kill was a 2008 Stang GT with a 5 speed manual and 3.73 gears and that is a far cry from a Continental of any sort. The Mark VIIIs in the end will win hands down due to platform. The Contis make a great winter car though. :D

I loved my conti but the tranny in them suck thing would slip in wot everytime and it would never downshift when u wanted it to not good for performance but pretty quick

I'm actually thinking about selling my truck and buying another conti for the winter

I am not stock so I don't worry about what a Continental can do:D

I've only owned two Connie's. Both were true Lincolns. RWD & V-8 powered. A '62 with the 430 MEL block and a '71 with D0VE-C head 460 V-8. Loved both of them and I wouldn't dream of owning a wrong-wheel-drive imitation Lincoln. But that's just my opinion.

I am not stock so I don't worry about what a Continental can do:D

I'm stock and don't worry about any Conti's either. :p

Someone over near me has a Conti engine for sale for a good price. The car did not smoke and ran fine but the car was wrecked and he has been parting it out little by little because he lives in an apartment complex and he is trying to do it but at the same time, be clean about it or the manager will make him have it towed off. I figure it's worth what he's asking IMO

[url]http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/3083471912.html[/URL]

depending on the year, that conti motor may have c heads and the b intake to c head adapter.

Members online

Back