mark viii upper control arms

Front air shocks are easy peasy. Control arms are pretty easy too. Personally, I got all my parts from EBay. Probably not the best idea, but it was what I could afford. And no problems yet.

yeah front uppers aren't too bad. i had ebay uppers and had one go bad. tossed in a moog. the other ebay arm is doing fine so far. hit or miss with the cheaper stuff.

This was discussed before on here, just save yourself the trouble and get Moog. I bought a pair and they were covered with surface rust and the grease was dried out.

+1 on Moog ... eBay ... you are only from what many have said over the years of those who have purchased them .... they don't last long ... Cheap for the time being and may get you to when you can purchase a better set. Remember if you don't have air ride to get uppers for a Thunderbird as they will be cheaper.

If you have a friend at advance/O'reileys.

MarkVIII ownership is much cheaper. I have a complete spare front control arm and tierod setup out in the garage. Its all federal mogul parts, and as such, VERY easy to get "warranteed".

Mike

anyone buy these ones??

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LINCOLN_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid2_pid7_gid165.html

or would i be better off with a set of moogs, the moogs are about $108 a piece.

gonna have some fun in a couple weeks replacing the front air struts, upper control arms, and outter tie rods. and after that i get to replace the trans. how fun!

I have the arnott upper control arms on my car, and they are fine. I have about 14k miles on them. They are also on the LVC Mark VIII suspension expert's car too, he's the one that told me about them.

They work fine. The ball joint on mine is Meyle part, which is high quality.

PS - it's not like I'm a huge fan of arnott either, from experience, I don't like/recommend their rear shocks or rebuilt front struts.

Good Luck,
Ken

I have the arnott upper control arms on my car, and they are fine. I have about 14k miles on them. They are also on the LVC Mark VIII suspension expert's car too, he's the one that told me about them.

They work fine. The ball joint on mine is Meyle part, which is high quality.

PS - it's not like I'm a huge fan of arnott either, from experience, I don't like/recommend their rear shocks or rebuilt front struts.

Good Luck,
Ken

They used to be Moog pieces but they no longer are. They are now closer to the OE Chinese junk. The Mark VIII suspension expert admitted as much when this came up last time.

They used to be Moog pieces but they no longer are. They are now closer to the OE Chinese junk. The Mark VIII suspension expert admitted as much when this came up last time.

My ball joints are labeled as Meyle, which again, is a high quality part. I'm not sure if they switched suppliers again, since I ordered from them about 1 1/2 years ago. I would not be surprised if they did.

Last edited:
just oredered lower control arms ans sway bars kits for mine, not sure on make they were only ones i could get by tomorrow in my area lcas and links 500 cdn

my front end makes clunking noise when turning left around corners

My ball joints are labeled as Meyle, which again, is a high quality part. I'm not sure if they switched suppliers again, since I ordered from them about 1 1/2 years ago. I would not be surprised if they did.

They went the cheapest route with their latest parts. The pics that the suspension guru posted were nothing like the parts that several of us received. Arnott confirmed to me that they had changed suppliers but claimed that they were still the same quality.

it has been said before, but no one listens, arnott uppers are perfectly fine, they are built exactly the same as the TRW front uppers, in fast they even look identicle. i have used arnott uppers many times, but its the only suspension parts i would use from them.

anyone know what size of wrench ima need for the control arms??

dont wanna go back and worth between a store tryin to guess what size i need.

i only have a box of craftsman tools that you buy from sears. lol.

i replaced a set of arms before on my 97 mountaineer (which were a pain in the ass) but thats when i was in school and we had any tool at our availability.

the upper bolt has a 18 mm nut on it, and the head is 15 mm, but you have to pop the flag off the head before you can get a 15 on it.

thats what i use, s-k gear wrenches. got a very nice set from 8mm to 19 mm and very well used! still chrome though lol.

it has been said before, but no one listens, arnott uppers are perfectly fine, they are built exactly the same as the TRW front uppers, in fast they even look identicle. i have used arnott uppers many times, but its the only suspension parts i would use from them.

No, they are no longer TRW pieces and have not been in quite a while:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=72161&highlight=arnott+UCA

I had them and sent them back because they were junk.

ha just made it easier and bought a set of moogs. also bought a set of moog outer tie rods, 4 disc, and ceramic pads put me down for $600.

Members online

No members online now.
Back