LVC Lincoln LS 1/4 mile ET database

2nd run, a good amount of cool down time. Raced a viper with carbon fiber hood and god knows what else.
...........left.......right
R/T.... .175..... .085 (getting the hang of it)
60' ....2.332......2.106 (almost broke into 2.0!)
330....5.812......5.789 (wow- I'm ahead!)
1/8.....8.574......8.901 (damn, he got traction :p)
MPH....88.65......80.36
1/4.....12.903....13.756 (new best time by .04s)
MPH....113.75....99.73 (slower than my best trap of 100.8)

Jeeze that Viper ran terribly. Looks like he spun pretty bad off the line according to the 60' time.

yeah, he ran crappy but it still felt nice to be within .8 with the lincoln.

Has any NA LS ran a 13 second 1/4 mile yet?

Not that I am aware of. It seems that those of us who started to heavily mod the LS decided to just more or less jump straight to FI rather than worry about smaller NA boltons. In the long run it was cheaper for the gains.

I am sure that Jason's LS is capable of 13's once he lets me fully dial his tune in for him.

maybe with a different torque convertor one could. those v8s need a stick shift.

A higher stalled TC would help these cars allot. I tried to get Jason to put one in his car but I guess the power of my bad influence only works so well. :p Da*n Jason and his resilience to peer pressure. :D

A higher stalled TC would help these cars allot. I tried to get Jason to put one in his car but I guess the power of my bad influence only works so well. :p Da*n Jason and his resilience to peer pressure. :D

i'd love to do it. this car is so picky on the launch and thats where you make most of your time. i hope i can do at least consistant 2.0XX 60 footers next year. will need limited slip and wider tires, preferably drag radials, to go more than that. not quite ready to do the rearend yet, as i can still add a little more power for not much more money. the rest will come after.

im not sure i would want to change the rearend gears though, any steeper and i would have to shift to 4th. i would have to get one hell of a gain to make it worth it and i'd still like to get decent gas milage when i'm not racing.

on a NA car what size stall would you go with? say 3500 4000? I think even with the bottle that would work

Here's a couple for analysis: :D

R/T 0.663
60' 3.056
330' 7.680
1/8 11.121
MPH 72.63
1000 14.005
1/4 16.412
MPH 94.10

Wheel spin out of the booty!! Spinning and massive back pedaling! Ouch!

R/T 0.189
60' 2.369
330' 6.526
1/8 9.908
MPH 73.25
1000 12.788
1/4 15.204
MPH *system error* <- didn't give me speed :( said 21.45mph lol

I really wanted my trap speed because of the previous run.. I only got two in and I know I could do better..

Mods include Carbon intake, and teh cutouts. ;)

check it. this was done the other day on a load bearing mustang dyno. we do indoor dyno drags every year. finally ran my 5speed ls while testing ills tunes. launched at about 5000 rpms shifted at 6600. had my stock 17's with bfg drag radials on. pretty fun drag racing indoors. reaction sucked because our tree wasnt working so i had to watch the computer screen tree.

reaction time 1.01

60' 1.66661 33.8mph
330' 5.483057 60.9mph
660'(1/8) 8.803671 74.9mph
1000' 11.66718 86.3mph
1/4 mile 14.06841 94.6mph

New best.

race 017.jpg

Looks like the 4.10's dont help too much because the tranny gearing is already optimized.

Looks like the 4.10's dont help too much because the tranny gearing is already optimized.

well, a tenth is a lot of time to cut off but look at the 60' You can get a 2.1 with stock gears so he probably did not have enough traction to give it everything. The increased torque for the remainder of the race alowed him the fast 14.2 run. What size tire are you running 02LSE...? Get more traction and those 4.10's will reward you with high 13's no problem.

I also tried launching in a parking lot the other day. once at 1100 and once at 2500. Both bog, but the 2500 gets into the power band sooner and pulls .85g's on my meter (vs.75g's @ 1100). im sure its not too acurate, but it does give a comparison. i will re-program the nitrous controller and try this next year since my tracks closed. its a fine line though, any higher than 2500 and they break loose.

I agree the 4:10s haven't taken the time off I would have expected. But there is a gain. While my bests don't look far apart, the average pass is faster. Car feels alot stronger too but timeslips say not so much. Traction is more of a challenge now but I can get out with full throttle and no spin with decent track prep, low tire pressure and a short burn out.

One other thing to consider is I haven't ran no where near the passes on the 4:10s as on stock gears.

And I am really surprized how much I had to change my launch technique. On stock gears the peddle had to be smoothly put down. The car now likes to have the gas slammed....traction is alot more crucial, but I have been able to deal with it.

Tires are stock Michilins that came on Sport models at 23psi.

what rpm did you stage at?

yeah the tires arent very wide so thats not helping. i think you'd want 20psi max. I had mine at 20psi when i got my 60' of 2.106 s. The lower the better.

what rpm did you stage at?

yeah the tires arent very wide so thats not helping. i think you'd want 20psi max. I had mine at 20psi when i got my 60' of 2.106 s. The lower the better.

23psi seems to put as much of the tire surface down as possible, never went lower.

I still only slightly brake rev it, 1000-1200. I did try a few passes with more and the take off was abrupt and 60' was poor. Every time I try more rpm I get crap results and go right back to the way I learned early on. With a much better tire not just wider is the only way I could ever see being able to rev it higher. But even then a stock converter likes to be flashed on most cars. None the less I can't see it dropping the time much at all if any without a actual higher stall converter.

9.45 1/8th mile

2005 LS8 with 20inch rims and Nitto tripple nickles spinning through first off the line, footbraked.

My K&N intake is on the way hopefully have it in for next weekend, gonna switch the H-pipe for an X-pipe, remove the resonators and change out the mufflers then eventually get that SCT tune or whatever after I research it more...

I ahvent really read through this thread but are you guys using SST or D5 when your at the track? Ive been using SST and now my car is slower with an intake an exhaust work, also I foot brake it now maybe thats giving my problems(brakes binding)?? I went from a 9.45 to a 9.71 in colder weather..

a lot of things come in to play, mostly traction. compare your 60 foot times. sounds like you tried to go more aggressive and you spun the tires. brakestand it, but only bring it up to about 1100. let off the brake at the last yellow and ease into the throttle.

how cold was it, as that won't help traction either.

i don't have sst so I manually shift it and its fine. slight delay after moving the shifter, but the gear change itself is pretty fast. I'm pretty sure it bangs out the gear change faster with sst if you have it, instead of D4 or D5, but it too has a delay. you have to make sure you shift in advance of your redline so you don't bounce off the limiter or the computer cuts fuel. at a 1/4 mile track, you will hit 4th gear if you don't have an xcal raised rev limiter.

Well its a sh!tty track and we dont get timeslips or anything, just an ET and MPH, I do spin through first tho, it was about 30 degrees and its a pro tree.. ill hit up Memphis or something once it gets a little warmer out and they open..

Members online

No members online now.
Back