LS totalled?

...I sit here traumatized by the incident. :Bang

Not as traumatized as your victims...

Anyway, yes it is almost certainly totaled since an airbag went off. Given the list of problems you've had with it, it might be just as well that it is.

Yeah, I know they're very traumatized. I'm just awaiting whats the charges and who is right and wrong. How long does it normally take an adjuster to come?

The correct forum to ask that question is on the phone after you have called your insurance company.

Is anybody else here offended by OP's demeanor?

A little bit! Two of my fellow riders are in the hospital and here he is without a scratch traumatized over the damage to his car!
From his description I'm assuming he had a green light but not a green turn signal which means the motorcycle had a green light as well and the OP turned in front of him.
I know its sometimes hard to "see" motorcycles and I've almost been hit several times.
Accidents do happen but like someone said above. Look twice, save a life!
It sucks that it happened. But the last thing I'd be worried about is my car. More importantly the people in the hospital, hoping and praying they recover and also that they don't file a law suit!

Your insurance will probably offer them a settlement. If you are lucky, they will take it after some negotiation. However, if the other guy sees this thread, he may not be willing to settle.

No one told me anything and flocked to the motorcyclists until police and paramedics came.

I would expect the same. You are in a steel bucket. They are exposed. :shifty:

It sounds like the driver and passenger of the motorcycle are going to live to see another day. They appear to have slid pretty low and likely bailed before impact. Smart cycling if you ask me.

...I'm more concerned about any lawsuit that would be filed...

If the light gave them the right-of-way, I would expect a lawsuit. If you have insurance, which it sounds like you do (with all the adjuster talk) they will protect you from serious financial burden, up to a point. Accidents happen thousands of times every day. Only your policy can itemize the impact that an accident in your fault may have on you.

Hard to picture what happened with your description.

But check the traffic laws on yielding at left-turn traffic lights.

Best to not post anymore.. for all parties... Spend your time talking with your insurance compmay and praying for the riders.

Is anybody else here offended by OP's demeanor?

Not really. Most people handle "stressful situations" differently. Not knowing and unsure is the feeling the OP felt the most at the time of posting. I wouldn't worry to much about that. I am sure the "concern" for the other motorist came and went.

If I am right, Flash2010 lives in Florida. Florida is a "no fault" state. So his insurance will take care of his damages to his LS. While the motorcyclist insurance will cover them. Medical and what not.

Most likely, nothing will come of this. Your insurance rates will go up. Whats new there. If the motorcyclist trys to file suit. Again, your insurance will take care of it. Thats why we all pay those crazy monthly premiums. I wouldn't lose any sleep of it.

BTW I suggest people look at your insurance coverage amounts. If your not insured for enough. The party can come after you for the difference. I "maxed" out my auto insurance for an extra $6 a month. The last thing you want to happen is to be stuck filing bankrupcy. Because of a judgement against you in court. Plus, its a nice piece of mind. Knowing you and any passengers are cover. IF any were to happen, God forbid.

New York lol. My coverage is $100k/$300k. Liability alone.

My bad. I thought you were in Florida.:rolleyes: Your covered. Doesn't sound like to me they were to seriously hurt. The damage looks to be more of a low impact.

As for your LS. Both doors replaced. Salvage yard can get you two doors and a decent price. The lower rocker looks to be dented. Possibly bent. Hard to tell for sure. Side curtain airbag will be the pricey part of the estimate.

If I am right, Flash2010 lives in Florida. Florida is a "no fault" state.

Florida's no fault PIP does not cover motorcyclists (most states with no fault exempt motorcycle insurance from the no fault requirements). So the rider and passenger will need to sue (and have the right to since they have not given up that right by buying no fault coverage).

Florida's no fault PIP does not cover motorcyclists (most states with no fault exempt motorcycle insurance from the no fault requirements). So the rider and passenger will need to sue (and have the right to since they have not given up that right by buying no fault coverage).

Thats why "no fault" states insurance is a joke. Commercial vehicles are exempt also. Didn't even know motorcycles were exempt too. Freakin' nuts.:rolleyes:

... Side curtain airbag will be the pricey part of the estimate.

It's hard to tell but that looks like the seat side airbag. If he had side curtain airbags too, there should be two deployed air bags in the picture, the one from the seat and one from the headliner. I don't know how many LSes got the side curtain option. One of mine has it, and the other doesn't.

It happens. Don't beat yourself up too much. Sounds like the bike had r.o.w. good thing you have insurance.

OP: did you have a green arrow?
excruciating lack of detail here...
if you only have liability they cant total it if it was your fault. can only be totaled if it wasnt your fault since you only have liability.

assuming you had a green arrow (in which case its not your fault at every intersection i can think of): it doesnt look totaled to me, though as someone else has posted you should probably hope that it is based on the brake issues alone. it will come down to the fmv vs cost to repair. kbb.com will give you the fmv ballpark for their fmv estimate. frame isnt bent, the two doors ate the whole thing. two doors w paint and stripe on a 00 should be no sweat @ about a grand. im guessing that seat can be sewn up easy breezy. as long as thats less than ~75-80% of the kbb value youre probably still gonna have the car.

if it was OP's fault, his demeanor is pretty fcked up... if the motorcyclist was just cruising along and not ready to lay the bike down he and his girl might be all kinds of messed up right now, if not dead.

two accidents for OP in a few months too, if i remember right..

Members online

No members online now.
Back