LS All Naturale

STLsport

LVC Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across this site shortly after buying my LS about 2 months ago, and I've been shocked by how many people want to add endless mods the the car. Not that some of them don't look cool, but I still don't see the point.

I understand that some may have purchased their vehicles in a less than desirable condition, but the car is naturally awesome.

Do you know why you see Toyota and Honda owners "sup'ing" up their cars? Because they drive freaking Hondas and Toyotas. That's why.

So consider me the first member of the LS All Naturale club... (And yes, I have tints, but they serve a legitimate purpose as far as protecting the leather and keeping the car cool).

imag0024wi.jpg

imag0035l.jpg

imag0021ga.jpg

imag0037v.jpg

The brand of a vehicle doesnt matter.

People have always modified vehicles to make it their own.

You dont see the point of what specifically?

I added exhaust because the vehicle was way too quiet and i like the sound of the V8. I added tint because it looks
better and preserves the leather and it gets stupid hot in texas. And i added a system because stock wasnt enough.

Pics don't work..? or is it just me ...( don't answer that lol )

I agree the LS is a great car stock but if you can make it look better (in your own eyes) and perform better than I think you should mod it, but if you like it stock then leave it. Either way its all good. :)

^ +1

and no offense OP, but you should at least upgrade to some other stock LS wheels lol

I call that El boring..lol jk to each is own. Nice ride btw looks clean...

Dark ass tint lol. Looks "modded" because its so dark. Anyway, looks nice

Most folks here aren't going to criticize you if you don't want to mod your LS. However, your discussion and/or participation in this forum will be somewhat limited, as a good chunk (if not a majority) of the posts here are centered around mods people want to make, have made, or both.

Most of us subscribe to the belief that you should make the car to what you want it to be. We don't always agree on how or what should be done, but we pretty much agree on that. In the end, that's all that matters.

This is a good group - use what you want or need, and disregard the rest of us crazies that have spent a ton of time and money making our LS' the rides we want them to be.

Tru

I agree the ls looks great stock, but people still want to go that extra step to be different and add something that their LS is missing in their eyes. Your ls looks great, only thing I would change is the wheels. Those 16's look terrible, especially for a 40k+ car. Get yourself some stock 17's and you'll be set.

^ my point exactly.

OP your car looks great tho, i dont want my previous comment to be misinterpreted.

Car looks fine its just the 16's that should have never been on any LS.

well dude, if your happy driving the same cookie cutter car as every other one that rolled off of the line, then more power to ya

I agree the ls looks great stock, but people still want to go that extra step to be different and add something that their LS is missing in their eyes. Your ls looks great, only thing I would change is the wheels. Those 16's look terrible, especially for a 40k+ car. Get yourself some stock 17's and you'll be set.

Car looks fine its just the 16's that should have never been on any LS.

+1,000

This is coming from a guy with the same rims on his 01 V8....who is looking for some 18's or 19's :D

To each his own. If you don't care about adding angel eyes or tinting your tails, then don't click on those threads. These guys have helped me cure my random overheating issue, coils issue, and crapped out fuel pump issue so there is much more available here than senseless (In your opinion) mods!

-Matt :Beer

In all honesty... It doesn't get much worse than a stock, tan, gen1, chrome trim, v6, & with those wheels...

So out of all LS owners to have your thinking, I would presume you to be the first to mod your ride. However, whatever floats your boat dude.

And btw welcome to LVC!

In all honesty... It doesn't get much worse than a stock, tan, gen1, chrome trim, v6, & with those wheels...

So out of all LS owners to have your thinking, I would presume you to be the first to mod your ride. However, whatever floats your boat dude.

And btw welcome to LVC!

Get out of my head! lol There are some LS's that look incredible completely untouched, but that ain't one of 'em. Not to mention a :q:q:q:qty way to start the conversation.

I think its funny that there are two un-modded civics behind his car in the third picture after going on about people modding civics

Plus people mod civics because there are almost unlimited mods for the car, if the LS was the same it would be modded more as well. Its not the car its the availability, look at BMW its more of a luxury car than ours but people mod the shti out of em.

I think "modding" your car is an expression of your personality. AS well as what car you drive. If he wants to try and belittle us because we like to be different let him try.

Its okay almost every other LS looks better haha

Working on my car, cleaning my car, and doing things to my car is purely an addiction. I don't know about you guys but :L.

Most folks here aren't going to criticize you if you don't want to mod your LS. However, your discussion and/or participation in this forum will be somewhat limited, as a good chunk (if not a majority) of the posts here are centered around mods people want to make, have made, or both.

Most of us subscribe to the belief that you should make the car to what you want it to be. We don't always agree on how or what should be done, but we pretty much agree on that. In the end, that's all that matters.

This is a good group - use what you want or need, and disregard the rest of us crazies that have spent a ton of time and money making our LS' the rides we want them to be.

Tru

Good post. That clarifies things a bit.

I guess I was just caught off guard. I mean if you went to a Ferrari forum, I doubt there would be a whole lot of mod discussions (Obviously I'm not saying the LS in in the same class, but just making a point).

And again, not that I don't think some of the mods I've seen are cool, it's just that I didn't think of the LS as the type of car that people would typically mod, as it is a luxury car that looks great stock.

And btw welcome to LVC!

It's not tan... at all.... it's white cream, but I can see how you might think that because of the lighting. And it's a V8.... So I guess your eye for things isn't as sharp as you thought :rolleyes:

And as far as mentioning the chrome, as if it's a bad thing, I can't stand seeing models without chrome. Ugly. So I'm fine. Just look at the pic in DnyceLS' sig... try to tell me that that would look better without the chrome, and in return I will tell you you're crazy.

But thanks for the welcome.

Get out of my head! lol There are some LS's that look incredible completely untouched, but that ain't one of 'em. Not to mention a :q:q:q:qty way to start the conversation.

Actually it is. You're just bitter about the tone I used in the OP. But hey, maybe I'll slap on a 3 foot spoiler, take off the muffler, and slap on some 22's so that it'll be more "up your alley". :eek: just kiddin

Actually Dnyce just recently dechromed his bumpers and it looks much better and some will agree with me, and some will not. Don't get all bent out of shape because people told you their opinions because like it or not, people are going to tell you what they think. But it doesn't matter because it's just that, an opinion.

Who's getting bent out of shape?

Their comments are opinions, but my comments are "getting bent out of shape"?

Sorry, I thought you were getting pissed off about Andrizzle telling you the chrome was ugly. My bad.

Sorry, I thought you were getting pissed off about Andrizzle telling you the chrome was ugly. My bad.

Nope. Didn't mean for the post to sound angry. I'm just very passionate about the chrome on the LS, I love it.

And actually, I the rear bumper with chrome is not the original bumper. The bumper it had on when I bought it was plain with no chrome strip. But someone ran into me A MONTH AND A HALF AFTER I BOUGHT IT :mad: , and the chrome bumper is what they replaced it with. Honestly I was thrilled, I love the way it looks now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back