LS All Naturale

The Gen2 wheels I was referring to earlier are the top ones you posted. But not the chrome finish I'm not the biggest fan of chrome wheels. I've really liked the machined look lately and I thought I remeber seeing a set of those with a machined face.

Yeah, those wheels look nice. Wouldn't mind seeing them on my car at all. But since they are somewhat rare, I'm guessing the going rate is a little more that what they're actually worth, right?

I'm only trying to get $500 for them which I don't think is to high? They are in near perfect condition and the truest LS 5 spoke wheels I've personally came across.

Depends where you get them. I sold mine for 450 and they were in great shape, chrome 8 spokes

thats a fair price. I paid about $425 for mine, but they are not anywhere near in a good a shape, and the tires we're sh!tty

Alax did those include tires? The tires on my wheels are about a year old and they don't make them anymore but at the time they were a $190 Potenza.

I'd probably buy Soopas wheels if I could sell my LSEs

no, just the wheels, no tires. I sold them on ebay because no one on here wanted them. I put them up for 400 here, but no bites, put them on ebay and they sold for 450. After I sold them, I had probably 5 members ask if they were still available and they really wanted them, bad timing.

51PU3kCbGnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I want these damnit! Anyone here selling these rims? I asked an old lady to trade these for my 16's and some cash, and she declined.

Only stock LS wheels I truly like... I like my 16's because they're silver and look good on a silver LS, but they're 16's.

SU1HMDA0MTEuanBn.jpg

I also didnt mind the 16s, when they were clean

SU1HMDAwNjAuanBn.jpg

But gen 2 wheels look way better

2011-02-26120957.jpg

2011-02-26145908.jpg

2011-03-05173900.jpg

Ok...im done

In all honesty... It doesn't get much worse than a stock, tan, gen1, chrome trim, v6, & with those wheels...

So out of all LS owners to have your thinking, I would presume you to be the first to mod your ride. However, whatever floats your boat dude.

And btw welcome to LVC!

Agreed. I can see the logic when dealing with something like a sport model, not to step on anyone's toes, but the basic with all the chrome and what not is just not that good looking of a car. The chrome really takes away from the looks of the LS IMO.

If the OP's point is that its what he thinks looks good then the OP should think of the others that mod Civics and shouldn't criticize.

i dont think they came from factory like that. I think thats a pic from one of those ebay companies that chrome wheels.

i dont think they came from factory like that. I think thats a pic from one of those ebay companies that chrome wheels.

You are correct, sir. IIRC, the only factory chrome wheels are the first gen 5-star, the '03 8-spoke, the '04 7-spoke and the '06 wheel. The 1st gen 5-star 16" came polished, but I'm not sure about chromed. The split 7-spoke wheel was aftermarket chromed. I'm not a fan of the 7-spoke (I'm pretty old-school with the 5-star), but chromed they have a totally different look; and I like it!

Regardless of what anyone says, I actually dig the stock 16's. I like my rims, and I wouldn't want to change them, especially not to any of the others I've seen on other ls'es

I think the only ones I would like are these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-qvhbdL0U

...maybe.

The only thing worse than the stock 16's would be rocking doughnuts on all 4 wheels.

There are much worse things than stock 16's.. 5 spokes with spokes that are too thick.. spokes that are wider at the ends than at the centers.. corny over-sized rims.. etc..

Agreed. I can see the logic when dealing with something like a sport model, not to step on anyone's toes, but the basic with all the chrome and what not is just not that good looking of a car. The chrome really takes away from the looks of the LS IMO.

If the OP's point is that its what he thinks looks good then the OP should think of the others that mod Civics and shouldn't criticize.

I disagree... big time.

I think the hate for the chrome is just a mentality for this forum and modders familiar with the LS. They see the non chrome, have a trained eye that knows it is newer, and newer=better.

For the most part, I think the good majority of people outside this forum, people that have an unbiased view because they don't know which is gen 1 or gen 2, would prefer the chrome.

And not to mention, it was the 2000 version (the year before mine) that won Motor trend car of the year. It was the chromeless '03 and above that saw sales plummet, which eventually led to Lincoln discontinuing the model.

Not saying that chrome was the sole reason, but removing it was IMO a step backwards as far as looks. Maybe didn't grab people's attention as well. Who knows.

I think some later non-chrome models look really cool.... after thousands of dollars have been invested on body kits, wheels and what not.

I'm just not a fan of major mods. If I was going to invest thousands of dollars into my lincoln, on top of what I already paid, then I would just buy a nicer car that's above the LS. Just my opinion.

I disagree... big time.

I think the hate for the chrome is just a mentality for this forum and modders familiar with the LS. They see the non chrome, have a trained eye that knows it is newer, and newer=better.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Chrome strips on the LS bumper looks tacky. Chrome on most vehicles looks tacky unless tastefully done.

For the most part, I think the good majority of people outside this forum, people that have an unbiased view because they don't know which is gen 1 or gen 2, would prefer the chrome.

Its not a matter of gen I vs gen II. The chrome just looks out of place.

And not to mention, it was the 2000 version (the year before mine) that won Motor trend car of the year. It was the chromeless '03 and above that saw sales plummet, which eventually led to Lincoln discontinuing the model.

Not saying that chrome was the sole reason, but removing it was IMO a step backwards as far as looks. Maybe didn't grab people's attention as well. Who knows.

The LS was outdated already for 2003. They made lots of changes but if you look at the interior of other cars from 2003 and up they were a step behind with the dash and cluster.

The speedometer looks like it belongs in a towncar. A more updated interior would have helped.

I think some later non-chrome models look really cool.... after thousands of dollars have been invested on body kits, wheels and what not.

Have you even seen a gen II in person??

I'm just not a fan of major mods. If I was going to invest thousands of dollars into my lincoln, on top of what I already paid, then I would just buy a nicer car that's above the LS. Just my opinion.

When the LS came out it was a $40K+ vehicle.....frankly theres not many american luxury sports sedans with rwd V8 compared to what you can pick up a used LS for.

I havent done many mods but i enjoy doing things to my car to make it look better. Cars are not a good investment...mods are basically just there to make yourself happy.

And not to mention, it was the 2000 version (the year before mine) that won Motor trend car of the year. It was the chrome-less '03 and above that saw sales plummet, which eventually led to Lincoln discontinuing the model.

The MT COTY award was for what the LS meant to the market, as well as Lincoln. It was well deserved (I have one of the calipers in my bedroom). The death of the LS started on 2002 when Ford decided to not send the LS to Europe. They didn't want the LS competing with the S-Type. Dealers not knowing that the LS was an American BMW and not a mini Continental was the leading cause of slow sales. Sales were dropping every year after 2000 because Ford didn't advertise the car. Lack of sales caused lack of ad dollars leading to lack of sales caused by lack of ad dollars ad nauseum. Chrome, or lack thereof, had NOTHING to do with the demise of the LS.

There are many reasons the LS was left to die, but like I said, chrome was irrelevant.

Chrome lips on gen1's are way too thick. Gen2's have about the perfect amount of chrome on both ends and fits the look of the car. It's nice to see the chrome shine at night. I'd rather be chrome-less myself though. Maybe just keep the rear surround chrome or paint the surround and leave the back lips chrome, or just completely get rid of it. Too many options...

Members online

No members online now.
Back