LS All Naturale

I haven't done many mods but i enjoy doing things to my car to make it look better. Cars are not a good investment...mods are basically just there to make yourself happy.

+100

You're never getting that money back. I've put in too much money into my ls already, but I'm ok with it because I feel like I've made it something unique and my own, plus I got it too look just like I want it for let's say 22k (12k for the car + 10k for mods/maintenance).I dont think I could get a car for 22k out the door to look as good as my ls, so in my eyes, I saved money by going with an ls and modding it and I got a car that looks great and I've made my own.

I disagree... big time.

I think the hate for the chrome is just a mentality for this forum and modders familiar with the LS. They see the non chrome, have a trained eye that knows it is newer, and newer=better.

For the most part, I think the good majority of people outside this forum, people that have an unbiased view because they don't know which is gen 1 or gen 2, would prefer the chrome.

And not to mention, it was the 2000 version (the year before mine) that won Motor trend car of the year. It was the chromeless '03 and above that saw sales plummet, which eventually led to Lincoln discontinuing the model.

Not saying that chrome was the sole reason, but removing it was IMO a step backwards as far as looks. Maybe didn't grab people's attention as well. Who knows.

I think some later non-chrome models look really cool.... after thousands of dollars have been invested on body kits, wheels and what not.

I'm just not a fan of major mods. If I was going to invest thousands of dollars into my lincoln, on top of what I already paid, then I would just buy a nicer car that's above the LS. Just my opinion.

Everything you just said is totally wrong.

I think the hate for the chrome is just a mentality for this forum and modders familiar with the LS. They see the non chrome, have a trained eye that knows it is newer, and newer=better.

No they are not newer. With the exception starting in 2003+ with the V6 being the only chrome trim LSes it was based on the trim package. Nothing to do with the age of the vehicle. You can find a 2000 sport w/o chrome siting right next to a 2000 basic with the chrome. As far as having a trained eye and it being a LS specific hatred for chrome, I been looking at cars for a while and just got a new Legacy GT. The first thing I did as I do with any car is try to get rid of the majority of the tacky, tasteless chrome trim items.

For the most part, I think the good majority of people outside this forum, people that have an unbiased view because they don't know which is gen 1 or gen 2, would prefer the chrome.

Again, you are dead wrong. People get rid of the chrome and the number one product people use is black plasti-dip. I dont think you ever went to any other online car forums.

And not to mention, it was the 2000 version (the year before mine) that won Motor trend car of the year. It was the chromeless '03 and above that saw sales plummet, which eventually led to Lincoln discontinuing the model.

You can have your opinion bu you are very wrong, again. In 2003+ the chrome-less was the V8 and the chrome was the V6. In the first generation run it was based on the package you purchased regardless of motor size!!!! So I think you need to further research the validity of your source of information.

Sport is and always was with just about any vehicle to be deleted of most of its chrome exterior and interior accessories. Vehicles today, like Hyundai, who have no clue HAVE started introducing chrome into their quote "sports packages".

That IS where you see companies stepping back!

I dont laugh when I see a thugged out LS with chrome everything. I laugh at any thugged out chromed out car. Its terrible looking.

And this totally contradicts what you say.
I think some later non-chrome models look really cool.... after thousands of dollars have been invested on body kits, wheels and what not.

I can sort of agree with you in a way about some things though but lots of information you typed up is wrong.

I do agree that a clean and simple LS looks best, without chrome, with tastefully done wheels, and with very few other DIY cosmetics and a nice lowering job. A little can go a long way with this car and to much can be waaaaaay to much.

I agree the ls looks great stock, but people still want to go that extra step to be different and add something that their LS is missing in their eyes. Your ls looks great, only thing I would change is the wheels. Those 16's look terrible, especially for a 40k+ car. Get yourself some stock 17's and you'll be set.
^ This. At least get a vanity plate :D

light_reverse.jpg

Everything you just said is totally wrong.

No they are not newer. With the exception starting in 2003+ with the V6 being the only chrome trim LSes it was based on the trim package. Nothing to do with the age of the vehicle. You can find a 2000 sport w/o chrome siting right next to a 2000 basic with the chrome. As far as having a trained eye and it being a LS specific hatred for chrome, I been looking at cars for a while and just got a new Legacy GT. The first thing I did as I do with any car is try to get rid of the majority of the tacky, tasteless chrome trim items.

If I'm "dead wrong", and people outside this forum don't generally prefer chrome, then how come so many of the 00' and 01's have the chrome if it was part of an optional package? At least where I live, I see 9 LS's with chrome for every one without.

Again, you are dead wrong. People get rid of the chrome and the number one product people use is black plasti-dip. I dont think you ever went to any other online car forums.

So one people decide to replace the chrome, the number one replacement is a color other than chrome? Well that should be obvious enough. What does that prove exactly?

And as far as mentioning car forums and #1 selling mods... that's beside the point. Because my point was that the majority of the public, people who aren't into mods, would prefer the chrome. If some one visits car forums and buys mods, then they don't really fall under that description.

I dont laugh when I see a thugged out LS with chrome everything. I laugh at any thugged out chromed out car. Its terrible looking.

And this totally contradicts what you say.
How is keeping the car simple and classy turn it into a "thug" car? It's the opposite. But big wheels on it make it look more thugged out than anything.

And you're actually the one dead wrong. The chrome looks great. I have to hold in my vomit when I see a stock LS with no chrome (prime example being the LS in the "Thinking about taking the plunge" thread, just looks terrible without it).

I've owned my car just over two months. I've already had numerous strangers compliment the my car's looks.

I can sort of agree with you in a way about some things though but lots of information you typed up is wrong.

I do agree that a clean and simple LS looks best, without chrome, with tastefully done wheels, and with very few other DIY cosmetics and a nice lowering job. A little can go a long way with this car and to much can be waaaaaay to much.

It's all about opinion obviously.

Personally, I think the chrome looks fantastic if you want to keep a simple classy luxury look. But if you are looking for a more "sporty" look, then I can see how chrome might take away from that, depending on the mods.

And I truly believe the majority of people would take the chrome. As far as the wheels go... there are certainly better wheels out there, but I think the stock 16"s look fine.

/thread

then how come so many of the 00' and 01's have the chrome if it was part of an optional package?

IT WASN'T AN OPTIONAL PACKAGE. NO CHROME WAS THE UPGRADE.

And as far as mentioning car forums and #1 selling mods... that's beside the point. Because my point was that the majority of the public, people who aren't into mods, would prefer the chrome. If some one visits car forums and buys mods, then they don't really fall under that description

TELL YOU WHAT. GO SURVEY THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND REPORT YOUR FINDINGS BACK TO US. I MEAN, YOU ARE JUST TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS ASSUMING WHAT THE "GENERAL PUBLIC" PREFERS, OTHER THAN A CHEAPER PRICETAG. WHICH IS WHAT PEOPLE GOT WHEN THEY GOT THE 16" WHERLS AND CHROME EVERWHERE.

I've owned my car just over two months. I've already had numerous strangers compliment the my car's looks.

AND...? THE LS IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR. MODIFIED, IT LOOKS WORLDS BETTER.

It's all about opinion obviously.

Personally, I think the chrome looks fantastic if you want to keep a simple classy luxury look. But if you are looking for a more "sporty" look, then I can see how chrome might take away from that, depending on the mods.

And I truly believe the majority of people would take the chrome.

AND I TRULY BELIEVE IM GOING TO WIN THE POWERBALL TONIGHT. DOESNT MEAN IT'S TRUE.

/thread

just put a few replies in all caps since I'm drunk and on my phone :)

How old is this guy? 60? Just wondering.

I'm new here and all but what blows me away is that he talks as if this entire forum of LS specific vehicle owners are ALL wrong.

Sounds more like 06.

If I'm "dead wrong", and people outside this forum don't generally prefer chrome, then how come so many of the 00' and 01's have the chrome if it was part of an optional package? At least where I live, I see 9 LS's with chrome for every one without.

You can still find documents on the cars trim and options! You are also talking to the original owner of a 2000 Sport model that came loaded. That means it has no chrome, has a somewhat better suspension and has the SST along a leather shifter and leather steering wheel. It was purchased off the lot new.

So one people decide to replace the chrome, the number one replacement is a color other than chrome? Well that should be obvious enough. What does that prove exactly?

What does that prove? People black these parts out cause most of them are outlining parts like the chrome grill inserts on some vehicles and the chrome window trim. Anything major gets matched to the body's color. What do you think the LSE is? Its another package with even less chrome. Matched plate surround and matched grille surround.

And as far as mentioning car forums and #1 selling mods... that's beside the point. Because my point was that the majority of the public, people who aren't into mods, would prefer the chrome. If some one visits car forums and buys mods, then they don't really fall under that description.

And do you go out personally and canvas your town to find this out? No, cause the internet and its FORUMS make it so much easier. I really dont know how to process that statement, honestly.

How is keeping the car simple and classy turn it into a "thug" car? It's the opposite. But big wheels on it make it look more thugged out than anything.

And you're actually the one dead wrong. The chrome looks great. I have to hold in my vomit when I see a stock LS with no chrome (prime example being the LS in the "Thinking about taking the plunge" thread, just looks terrible without it).

The chrome on the LSes bumpers really does stand out and look cheap. Im sorry but it looks like it does not belong, like as if someone took that Pep Boys tape and taped it on. That comment also goes out to those that overload it with chrome just cause they think chrome is classy when it really is faux classy. Its a part of that Thugged out culture, that's why.

Stainless Steel is more classy as well as machined/brushed but since it does not have the eye catching glare that attracts those with the low attention spans it gets discredited.

If I wanted to stare at something that reminded me of silver ware I would do the dishes more often.

You also cant say things like "its about opinion" and then say I am dead wrong cause YOU think the chrome looks great.

And so what if people comment on your car cause plenty enough people comment on other cars including those Hondas as well. Probably plenty of the same people.

Dude, what is your obsession with chrome?

Simple facts.....

2000-2002 LS with sport package has no chrome inserts and 17" wheels (among other things).
2000-2002 LS withOUT sport package has chrome bumper inserts ane 16" wheels (among other things).
2003-2006 V8 LSes all have the sport package and body color bumpers (among other items).
2003-2005 V6 LSes do NOT get the sport package and have chrome strips on the bumpers.

How many of what sold is based on what the dealers ordered. Trust me, around here there weren't many "base" cars to be had. Most buyers were interested in the sport option.

Again, chrome or lack of chrome has NOTHING do do with LS sales. Give up your obsession with chrome!

And do you go out personally and canvas your town to find this out? No, cause the internet and its FORUMS make it so much easier. I really dont know how to process that statement, honestly.

EDIT: I misread your quote here, thought it was a personal attack. So I apologize.

I like the mostly stock look of my 02 Sport. I did upgrade to OEM GEN II rims though. Doesnt mean that I dont have ideas...

You can buy my LS wheels... Lots of chrome :) (EDIT: I just noticed this picture was in the middle of my Eibach swap, the front was done but the rear wasn't)

LS002.gif

Here's a better picture of them chromy things. The car was in 4x4 FX4 offroad mode...

March27004.gif

16" wheels on a V8 was a package sold in states that get alot of snow I think. (sorry if mentioned)

I didn't read all 3 pages, but I saw some LS's in the rain so I thought I'd join in.

Alignment002.gif

STLsport have you seen the thread about dNyceLS and the dechroming?

His car looks far superior hands down without the chrome. Good job dNyceLS on your work.

STLsport have you seen the thread about dNyceLS and the dechroming?

His car looks far superior hands down without the chrome. Good job dNyceLS on your work.

Never said it can't look good without chrome. I'm sure his car looks great, but he also has thousands of dollars in additional mods.

IMO any stock LS without chrome= DULL

All this is about is that one guy's post- where he pointed out the chrome stripping on my car as if it's a bad thing. I just don't see that. If I took the chrome off my car it would look beyond retarded.

And BTW nice silver LS (above). But I'm not really in the market for wheels at the moment. Maybe in the future. I like my car the way it is, but if there is one thing I'd consider changing it would be the wheels, so who knows.

All this is about is that one guy's post- where he pointed out the chrome stripping on my car as if it's a bad thing. I just don't see that. If I took the chrome off my car it would look beyond retarded.

Thats not at all what its about. It started off with an opening post that some people will just find pointless and offensive. Naturally they will pick out the flaws on your vehicle. Trust us when we say its a terrible looking thing.

Dont forget, you're on the one active LS online community available. If the majority of the "general public" here does not like it thats got to tell you something. Your not going to find another place where you can get the opinions of this many LS drivers at once so.... take it as you will.

IMO, this threads entirety was begging for attention and looking to instigate a fuss.

Never said it can't look good without chrome. I'm sure his car looks great, but he also has thousands of dollars in additional mods.

IMO any stock LS without chrome= DULL.

If I remember correctly he only has rims, not thousands of dollars in mods.

Chec this it STLSport. This is a non-chrome LS and I can bet you ANY amount of money the majority would agree me LSE looks 1 million times better than yours. Simply for the fact those ugly chrome mustaches are on your car. Sorry my friend but your car is dull :shifty:
IMG_20110327_133300.jpg

IMG_20110327_133336.jpg

Man what was Lincoln thinking not putting chrome strips on my LSE! :rolleyes:

Lol its outrageous. I mean I don't dislike chrome, but as an accenting feature the the LS. I dont dig it

I love chrome wheels.

But the bumper strips are straight fugly and the op speaks as if he is the know it all ls owner.

sorry guy but the majority of people agree they are fugly. Along with the 16" wheels.

I love chrome wheels on black cars thats for sure. Other colors, Its up to the style of the car and the wheel itself I'd say.

But I agree with you, chrome on the bumpers are nasty. Usually on these threads I have nothing to say except their LS looks great. However this guy and his attitude, and his ugly car wont be getting a praise from me.

Thanks for the compliment jk.

Stl, I do not have thousands invested. But the fact u think I do means I did something right lol

yeah GO Home Lakers lol. Yes the LS is a beautiful car but for me, it drives me crazy to be sitting at the light and see another LS just like mine pull up next to me. I gotta be different. I want peeps to see my car and know its me coming and not get confused with the next guy. The factory may have done a good job to please the masses but there are just some things I have to do to make it "my" ride.

Members online

No members online now.
Back