looking for factory hid

Onefreshls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys im looking for a set of bra nd new factory hid bulbs. if anyone can help me find them that would be great mine work i just want to get a set of factory so i can have them as spares. thanks guys

Good luck. Just convert or get a couple used spares if you insist on keeping the factory setup.

It would've been a good idea to make a thread in the WTB section and not in General M8 discussion.

Yea, any specific reason you don't want to use after markets? They are like $45 a set now.

i am pretty sure there are some used ones in the For Sale thread as well.
and brand new ones? i doubt any exist anymore.

and for the price of factory stuff you can get a couple sets of aftermarkets HID kits and the adapters from Jay.

i love the factory color. i want to stay with factory lights

Yeah, the factory color can't be replicated so I understand why you would want to keep them..

Sonny is a good guy and should take care of you.

hy guys thanks if i did have to go after market what color temp would be closest 5k or 6k i don't want to blue you know.

Ideally 4300, but 5k will do what you want. 6k has some blue in it.

I used 5000k on my 97 for about 4 years and they were great. The 4500k bulbs should be closer to the stock color, though.

Do you have adapters yet to use the aftermarket bulbs? If not, I can help you out.

I sell the adapters for $50 shipped, or the whole plug and play kit as shown below for $165 shipped. They plug directly into your factory harness with no cutting/splicing...

I've made some visual improvements to the kits lately, as seen in the second picture. I now cover the modified section of the harness with TechFlex expandable sleeving (ran out of the red stripe sleeving, now it's all black) for durability and longevity, covered with heat-shrink tubing on the ends to prevent unraveling.

image.jpg
HID harnesses.jpg

image.jpg

HID harnesses.jpg

Think an aftermarket ballast would fire a stock HID good enough?

probably. but the AC ballast will probably end the life on a DC bulb fairly quickly.
the anodes and cathodes are differently sized based on application.

Just wondering.. I've got a couple bulbs in my drawer but no stock ballasts

Members online

Back