lincoln motor sports

An X is an x , but none of mine look the same

But actually, this frustration is more to the likes of going to McDonalds and getting a whopper
the new x pipe has a pinched lip, and that would kinda frustrate me if I thought I was getting a nicer piece.

Falling Down - Fast Food debacle HD - YouTube

The system that was put in my car was the right one. I am truely sorry for what I said about lincoln motor sports. They never change the picture on there web page. I was confused. In I was tired of getting screwed. I know I screwed up. I wish I never said what I said.

Mistakes and misunderstandings happen. You were man enough to come and own up, that's what really matters.

Im pissed because i ordered an x pipe last year & received something that looks like two V's together. Wait.... >< Oh damn! Never mind, i guess that's an X. Lol... J/k dude. You are a good sport for coming back on & admitting to your mistake. Now lets move on & show us some pics of your car.

Don't mess with the King

So, the OP went ape chit because the x pipe didn't look like the picture? What the hell happens at BK when your whopper don't look like the picture? Do you throw a hissy fit and beat the chit outta the cardboard cut out of the King?

burger-king-shoots-mcdonalds.gif

cmon man he was big enough to admit his mistake -- takes a man to do that.

That may be, but it takes a real douchebag to call a long-time, respected member of a forum a piece of :q:q:q:q in public, in the first place; without having taken his problem to Geno, in private, first.

THIS is the post I agree with most:

So, the OP went ape chit because the x pipe didn't look like the picture? What the hell happens at BK when your whopper don't look like the picture? Do you throw a hissy fit and beat the chit outta the cardboard cut out of the King?

And I say DON'T "clean this thread up"... leave it on here forevermore for all to see.

(sorry, but Forgive and Forget has never been my forte)

agree, leave the thread alone.some newb savat with a post total of 28 is gonna come throw a bunch of nonsense at a site vendor among being one of the oldest founding fathers over this.....
2011-10-24130602.jpg

not looking like this....
mufflerad.jpg

wow. the scene from falling down is one of my all time favorites ,though.and he's not a man for owning up and apologizing he probably realized after addressing "everyone on this site" that he may need some advice eventually and realized who he was talking to,then being embarrassed tried to save face. its one of those professional athelete apologies you get when they get caught out late at a club and have to apologize. knee jerk reaction douchebag. hope you learned your lesson. moving on.........

I have to admit, I like the look of the original one better. I understand the function is the same and no one would ever see it but you.. but I would know its there. :)

agree, leave the thread alone.some newb savat with a post total of 28 is gonna come throw a bunch of nonsense at a site vendor among being one of the oldest founding fathers over this.....
2011-10-24130602.jpg

not looking like this....
mufflerad.jpg

wow. the scene from falling down is one of my all time favorites ,though.and he's not a man for owning up and apologizing he probably realized after addressing "everyone on this site" that he may need some advice eventually and realized who he was talking to,then being embarrassed tried to save face. its one of those professional athelete apologies you get when they get caught out late at a club and have to apologize. knee jerk reaction douchebag. hope you learned your lesson. moving on.........

Such a lovely group of people. Times tough down there?

yes as a matter of fact they are. but, some pepole just get offended when they are told something other than their viewpoint. this is a forum board, people express fact and opinion at one time i knew nothing of these motors,now im still learning the point is sir someone with his amount of posts and length of membership ,as well as you my friend(no offense) is like electing a 5yr old president proven by his words and actions

Why X pipes? I understand the reasoning behind H pipes and have an idea about how to locate them but X pipes do not seem to be able to do the pulse suck reinforcement thing near as well and as far as I can tell are quite a bit too far back anyway.

I'm fairly sure I'm just old fashioned but do they realy suck as good as H pipes? ;)

Two X pipes equalize the exhaust and reduce inside cabin drone. The H is really preferred by the 5.0 Mustang owners, or the ones I know but anyway, the equalization using two X's is the same as using one and the flow is just as good but it does help eliminate the drone you're going to hear inside. I would double X all day long before a single or any H

I've got an H on mine and it doesn't drone. In fact, at normal highway speeds even with cherry bombs, the cabin is unusually quiet. I had straight pipes on my '96 and it didn't drone either. And it was even quieter than the '97 with cherry bombs. I don't know what the difference is, but I've heard some say they get a drone and others don't. Weird.

either way the h came first supposed to be as close to the end of header collectors or whatever manifolds your running to equalize the exhaust gasses leaving the head actually "exhaust scavenging" as increasing the flow to get the exhaust gasses away and sonic, well here is an old article that may 'splain somethin' to you better...
For any performance exhaust system, some type of crossover connecting the two sides of a dual exhaust system is important because it acts to balance the two banks of the engine. The common H-style crossover is good at balancing sound pulses between the two halves, but does little to promote scavenging because the exhaust gases tend to follow the path of least resistance, which is straight through each pipe rather than taking the 90-degree turn through the H-pipe into the other half of the system. In an X-pipe system, however, where the two sides of the system intersect, the gasses have no choice but to intermingle as they pass through the junction. This promotes improved scavenging effects by smoothing out uneven exhaust pulses from the engine’s firing order. It also helps quiet down the exhaust, resulting in a mellower, less raspy tone. According to Magnaflow, the faster acceleration of the gasses through an X-pipe causes them to flow in a linear fashion parallel to the walls of the tubing rather than tumbling. This “laminar” flowing gas is much quieter than tumbling gas, resulting in an exhaust tone up to 8 decibels quieter than a traditional H-pipe.
there are also exhaust chambers like the MAC system i had on my 5.0 which produced an incredible sound with the hooker headers i had.at the time MAC system was new and i knew the maker personally and gave me the whole system when at that time the rule was h pipe and flowmasters, and thaywood didnt have droning because of lots of factors including which the simple adding of the h pipe does not mean you'll have droning. your cam profile, manifold, shorty or long tube headers, unequal length headers (or sides for that matter) the exhaust pipe diameter, placement of h crossover, and style of muffler or none at all.:dancefool

I like my stock exhaust. :shifty:
Very quiet, but ya get that low-key but clearly audible snarl at WOT.
Does that make me a bad person? :confused:

'Course not, mine's stock too. ;)

My only problem with stock is...

WOT STINKS!...

Plus, I feel like the car just can't breathe... that third cat has got to go, soon as I can afford it.

I bumped into our local mechanic last weekend at a party. He and his Dad run the only local shop in our small town. They got 'em a pipe bender and all a few years ago. I asked him if I brought him my car with a piece of the exhaust "mysteriously missing", and an X, if he would "fix it". He said sure, no problem. Now, I just gotta save my pennies and DO IT!

I like the dead quiet of stock.

My 1st Get broke the exhaust after the 3rd cat and I drove it like that for a week. Sounded neat for a day then drove me nuts enough to fix it :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back