Lincoln LS gen1/gen 2 led interior switch and gaugeface conversion kits

I would just need ac/heater controls and a believe a headlight switch for gen1 and ac/heater control's for gen 2

what would i be looking at for a gen II all blue including shipping (Toronto area)

150 if he cleans out the mayor's glass pipe before sending it along.

LOL ...
sorry.gif

Dame bro anymore armer all on them seats and your ass is gonna slide right out the other door. Lol

This might be an odd question but can you add indicator lights?

I have a 2003 V6 and don't think it's worth the trouble to try and add the heated/cooled factory seats so I was thinking getting a V8 center vent with the 4 buttons and making the outboard buttons work for a set of aftermarket seat heater elements. I'd like to put lights above the switches as indicators if the elements are on, might be a pair per button as most of the aftermarket elements I've seen have a high and low heat setting.

Thanks,

This might be an odd question but can you add indicator lights?

I have a 2003 V6 and don't think it's worth the trouble to try and add the heated/cooled factory seats so I was thinking getting a V8 center vent with the 4 buttons and making the outboard buttons work for a set of aftermarket seat heater elements. I'd like to put lights above the switches as indicators if the elements are on, might be a pair per button as most of the aftermarket elements I've seen have a high and low heat setting.

Thanks,

Why not make the outboard buttons the 'on' switch and the inboards the 'off'? Or have the button lit when on and off when off?

Why not make the outboard buttons the 'on' switch and the inboards the 'off'? Or have the button lit when on and off when off?
Largely because I'm not sure I'd be able to see the buttons lit up in daylight. Here in C-Springs there are days when the high is 8º and sunny so I still want to see the light. Part of the other reason is that pesky loss of D4 with an SST on a Gen 2 V6. Was thinking of making one of the center buttons a D4 button that you can hit when you want D4 but the shifter is in D5 since I use D4 daily coming down the Mountain and switch died and I no longer have it. If I'm going to replace the shifter anyway, might aswell go with an SST.

While typing the above I did think of putting an override microswitch in the SST D4 position so your idea had merit if the LED's would be bright with the headlights off and controlled by the dimmer switch when the headlights are on.

Thanks,

Largely because I'm not sure I'd be able to see the buttons lit up in daylight. Here in C-Springs there are days when the high is 8º and sunny so I still want to see the light. Part of the other reason is that pesky loss of D4 with an SST on a Gen 2 V6. Was thinking of making one of the center buttons a D4 button that you can hit when you want D4 but the shifter is in D5 since I use D4 daily coming down the Mountain and switch died and I no longer have it. If I'm going to replace the shifter anyway, might aswell go with an SST.

While typing the above I did think of putting an override microswitch in the SST D4 position so your idea had merit if the LED's would be bright with the headlights off and controlled by the dimmer switch when the headlights are on.

Thanks,

Don't think it will be that easy. The PCM reads the two shifters the same. That means the position below D5 on the SST shifter is D4 and on the non-SST shifter it is 3rd gear.

Don't think it will be that easy. The PCM reads the two shifters the same. That means the position below D5 on the SST shifter is D4 and on the non-SST shifter it is 3rd gear.
There's a logic gate setting that makes the PCM think D4 has been enabled. If I put a microswitch that reads when the shifter is in the SST D4 position and feeds that logic condition to the PCM while cutting the actual shifter position signal off, the PCM should think the shifter is in the proper place for D4.
How does the PCM know that you're in SST vs. D4 since those are in the same spot?

There's a logic gate setting that makes the PCM think D4 has been enabled. If I put a microswitch that reads when the shifter is in the SST D4 position and feeds that logic condition to the PCM while cutting the actual shifter position signal off, the PCM should think the shifter is in the proper place for D4.
How does the PCM know that you're in SST vs. D4 since those are in the same spot?

Because there are sport and non-sport calibrations. In the 1st gens the PCM needs to be tricked into thinking that a specific LSes VIN does indeed have the sport package. Not an issue for the 1st gens as both V6 & V8 cars came with the sport package and the procedure is pretty simple; though not all dealers will do it. AFAIK there were only two 2nd gen U.S. spec V6's that had the sport package (a previous member here had one); and those were two that slipped through the cracks as the few V6's that had the SST shifter were converted back to non-SST. There is a Canadian sport calibration (Canada got the V6 sport package, we didn't) byt good luck getting a U.S. dealer to install it!

Because there are sport and non-sport calibrations. In the 1st gens the PCM needs to be tricked into thinking that a specific LSes VIN does indeed have the sport package. Not an issue for the 1st gens as both V6 & V8 cars came with the sport package and the procedure is pretty simple; though not all dealers will do it. AFAIK there were only two 2nd gen U.S. spec V6's that had the sport package (a previous member here had one); and those were two that slipped through the cracks as the few V6's that had the SST shifter were converted back to non-SST. There is a Canadian sport calibration (Canada got the V6 sport package, we didn't) byt good luck getting a U.S. dealer to install it!
While going through the 2006 wiring diagram in researching adding heated and cooled seats I think I found the answer to the question of how the PCM reads D4 and SST selections. I've highlighted the D4 wire but right below it you can see the SST enable switch.
D4 Wire.jpg
Lincoln LS Shifter Diagram.jpg

D4 Wire.jpg

Lincoln LS Shifter Diagram.jpg

There is still the sport vs. non-sport calibrations....... That's too small for me to read.....

You still have access to all the gears without the SST shifter. You just lack the ability to hold 4th and 5th.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the leds for the climate control buttons and has anyone found out how to actually change the display color also.

Why cant the display be changed is it the glass thats green or the display thats green. Just curious.

That sucks. Someones gotta figure out how to fix that problem. Thats kinda ugly after all the other lights are blue or what ever other color. It looks like maybe the indicator lights for the climate control and the gen 2 heated seats are a different style led. Is that right or can I still use the plcc 2 leds.

Pm me your email address so I can send you pics of how I did the heated seats and a t s

Members online

Back