Lincoln LS gen1/gen 2 led interior switch and gaugeface conversion kits

Hey bro I been following your thread for about six months and I finally have some extra cash to ask you to do my car for me. I have a 2002 ls and would like this done. Thanks.

cell phone on an open forum....:confused:

remember you can always PM a member PRIVATE information

Do you make your own instrument cluster LEDs or are those bought somewhere? I'm doing the conversion myself to orange piece by piece and I know how you feel about people asking for a step by step guide on how you're making money. I hope you don't mind me asking

If I hadn't done Xbox 360/PS3 controller LED swaps this would be sooo much harder. These PLCC2 LEDs are massive compared to those 0603 LEDs (1.6x0.8mm) and hold heat a lot better, making it easier to get both solder pads liquid.

Honestly, your price is pretty worth it for the time, research, materials, and expertise. I just enjoy the satisfaction of completing these jobs. The cost is that I don't have as even lighting. I'm using a mix of PLCC2s and 5mm straw hats.

Use plcc2 on everything. You'll get an even light.I used the 968 bulbs for the cluster they have a 360 angle and light up the cluster like a cracked out Christmas tree.... let me get a link for u

Here's the link.You'll need to remove the cap ends and solder the legs to the pcb.once you do that you'll need to drill out the holes on the white part of the cluster assembly so they bulbs fight right in. Best tool to use for this is a unibit

No link haha. Thank you though. I appreciate the help. I couldn't get the headlight switch apart to make the c shape array you made, so I just put two smds on the end of the original light bulb assembly. One faces right, to the parking and headlight indicator, one points down to the fog light. I could later try to add a third facing straight out, but I'm satisfied for now.

I used some 5mms because it was easier to work with in some places. I also changed the fog light power light to yellow. I have no idea how you did the mirror switch, but its not important to me. I'll let you keep that secret.

NCM_0406.jpg

NCM_0403.jpg

I'll post completed pictures when I finish since there's none in here that are orange. Most people flock to blue but I'd rather not have the UV light in my face like that at night. Purple, pink, and white LEDs are blue LEDs with colored filters on them and will also light up blacklight paint

NCM_0406.jpg

NCM_0403.jpg

Try using a 168 for the headlight switch.you'll have to solder it to the pcb

For the power mirror switch you can also use a 168.the way I used to do it us to complicated to explain. You'd have to call me for that. Lol

... Purple, pink, and white LEDs are blue LEDs with colored filters on them and will also light up blacklight paint

Not filters, phosphors. A filter can only remove colors that you don't want. While you can get blue from white by using a filter, there's no way to get white from blue with a filter. A phosphor can change one color into another color or colors.

Not filters, phosphors. A filter can only remove colors that you don't want. While you can get blue from white by using a filter, there's no way to get white from blue with a filter. A phosphor can change one color into another color or colors.

Got it. I mixed it up because I had just done a lot of headlight research. Whiter halogens have various blue filters to negate the yellow hue and generally reduce output for a given wattage. However, I didn't know the phosphor created a chemical reaction and that it is fundamentally different from a filter.

And thanks, adrst, for the info. Down the line I might try again but I'm satisfied for now. I just want the dash back together haha. When I put the new radio in, I decided to start painting the wood trim and the center stack black. My vent plate is cracked, both mounting screw holes for the info center buttons snapped, and the wind blew plastic onto my glovebox trim. I just can't stand woodprint :/ At least the radio and AC controls are installed and work

Adrest2.3 your mailbox is full can u pm me. I would like this done to my car.

As it turns out, orange LED 168s are almost nonexistent. 90% of eBay posts are "orange/amber" which is just amber. The few orange LEDs are overpriced at $3/ea, so I got red-5x5050 168s and replaced them with orange 5050s. I used a heat gun to remove the old LEDs, a soldering iron to tin both the boards and the new LEDs, and then the heat gun as a cheap reflow station. I had to do one LED per assembly, then move on to the next assembly, otherwise the plastic base would melt. 7 out of 10 are perfect, 1 lights up the sides only, 1 is missing two side LEDs, and 1 fell apart when I hit it with the heat gun for too long and found out the assemblies are 5 boards soldered together.

Hopefully I can start this swap next week but A.) my other car needs a new battery before I can disable the LS and B.) I have another lighting project that should be arriving in the mail soon

Haha, yeah, but it wasn't too bad. I learned some things and it didn't really take much time once I got the methodology down. It took about 20 minutes to take all the LEDs off, 30 minutes to tin everything, and about 2 hours to put them on and redo as necessary. I think that's worth the ~$30 in savings

Now if I could just find my center vent bezel... or a new uncracked one

I have one that's in good shape. Pay shipping an I'll throw it your way

Members online

No members online now.
Back