Lincoln LS Drift Build

Got my oil pan, and t56. Mated them together and dropped them in to check fitment. Waiting on heads and headers before I make mounts.

Also started on the roll cage.
8HVvNgT.jpg

xXfobxM.jpg

e7AIDNp.jpg

Oh. And I also made more low.

KdsYfsp.jpg

+1 for whoever posted about this pan. Seems to be the key!

That's great work! looking good!!
Thanks man. Also to answer your question. I dont think I posted. Here is what I did for the qa1's. So this spacer makes the top hat on the stock coil fit the qa1.
FFzQ4Ma.jpg

VbEN8rU.jpg

Check it out! Hub adapter is done. Looks great!
C2m3hUD.jpg

G0ANDqn.jpg
I3znht6.jpg

Awesome, one of my favorite threads to keep checking for updates

As I've said before, I take no joy in your engine choice, but I'll give you high praise for your fabricating.

KS

+1 for whoever posted about this pan. Seems to be the key!
Your welcome

Do you have exhuast manifolds yet? If so what are you putting on? I have an issue with the steering knuckle hitting the flange of the stock manifold.

Your welcome

Do you have exhuast manifolds yet? If so what are you putting on? I have an issue with the steering knuckle hitting the flange of the stock manifold.

Just ordered some shorty tight tuck headers. Well see how they look.

Do you have 1 for sell?

No sorry. Maybe in the future but for now manufacturing costs aren't effective. One hub is around the $400 range.

Just ordered some shorty tight tuck headers. Well see how they look.

Is there an nrg quick release that would fit the LS?

No sorry. Maybe in the future but for now manufacturing costs aren't effective. One hub is around the $400 range.

EilIG1X.jpg

After my brief hiatus. My cage is complete (almost). Hope to never have to do a full cage again. This was hell. Have ordered a fuel cell and headers. My motor will be done at the machine shop soon aswell.

Glad to see progress on this thread! Roll cage looks like it would have taken some work

Why the complications of the truss-type build across the back door openings? My own cage is somewhat simpler, but certed for up to 175 MPH by ECTA and SCTA. (See Land Speed LS in the performance section.)

KS

Why the complications of the truss-type build across the back door openings? My own cage is somewhat simpler, but certed for up to 175 MPH by ECTA and SCTA. (See Land Speed LS in the performance section.)

KS

Point of this car is to give rides at drift events. The rear bars are to make sure passengers seated in the rear will have adequate side crash protection while making it easy to get in and out.

Worked some more on suspension and got the fuel cell installed

20180608_173249.jpg

iSAdPcg

iSAdPcg

iSAdPcg

Rear springrate 600lbs
Front springrate (not sure yet maybe 750)
Qa1 Prom Star Coilovers.
20180608_120421.jpg

JQg9Enm

So I need some help from the community. I need to find a way to make the 8.0 three bolt diff flange a u joint style.

Basically need to find another 8.0 differential car that uses a regular U-joint on the differential pinion.

Otherwise what did or are the other ls swapped ls's doing for driveshafts?

So I need some help from the community. I need to find a way to make the 8.0 three bolt diff flange a u joint style.

Basically need to find another 8.0 differential car that uses a regular U-joint on the differential pinion.

Otherwise what did or are the other ls swapped ls's doing for driveshafts?

I believe you'll find that the archives will give you 'how-to' to replace the bastard 8.0 with an 8.8 center section out of a Lincoln Mark ar a four-person Tbird. All else will fall in line and you'll have limited-slip application-capability as well.

KS

Last edited:

Members online

Back