LED lights install

Ive converted most of mine to blue. the hvac is being a pain in the butt. however the door switches id love to get done. and the same with a couple other switches that apparently arent possible on.

@adrst. got a link for us.

if you post pic of hvac I can give you an idea of how to do it or I can do it for you.

I have a question. i see on a pic above on this string, a Mark that the center reflector lite, is lit on the left & right side(NoLimit95's post). is this an upgrade that the owner did, or do some Mark models have these light lite up from the factory. i have a gen 1, and a gen 2 LSC, and neither do this. can someone enlighten me on this. i'm trying to learn has much has i can on these cars, and know quite a bit, but certainly not everything! heck, it looks pretty cool! what am i missing here? Thanks!

I have a question. i see on a pic above on this string, a Mark that the center reflector lite, is lit on the left & right side(NoLimit95's post). is this an upgrade that the owner did, or do some Mark models have these light lite up from the factory. i have a gen 1, and a gen 2 LSC, and neither do this. can someone enlighten me on this. i'm trying to learn has much has i can on these cars, and know quite a bit, but certainly not everything! heck, it looks pretty cool! what am i missing here? Thanks!

can you quote the picture directly because you have me so very confused on which lit you are talking about. do you mean the the upper brake light? or are you talking about where the reverse lights are? either way sounds like your car may need new bulbs if they dont light up on yours. unless i am way off on what you are talking about

I'm talking about the light/reflector across the trunk lid between the tail lights, and the reverse lamps.I have a 98LSC and I can see inside, looking from the outside, I see no light bulbs. On my 95LSC, I just got it a month ago, and i'm not has familiar with that car, has I am with the 98.
The pic I'm talking about I think is the second or 3rd post, below the original post. The car is shown at night, and there are lights lit up, between the reverse lamps, and the tail lights. does that help? Thanks!

2012-05-31162700.jpg

I'm talking about the light/reflector across the trunk lid between the tail lights, and the reverse lamps.I have a 98LSC and I can see inside, looking from the outside, I see no light bulbs. On my 95LSC, I just got it a month ago, and i'm not has familiar with that car, has I am with the 98.
The pic I'm talking about I think is the second or 3rd post, below the original post. The car is shown at night, and there are lights lit up, between the reverse lamps, and the tail lights. does that help? Thanks!

Are you talking about this picture?

No, the picture of the white car, 6 pictures above the one you just posted, shown at night.

DSC03126-1.jpg

if its this one. that is standard. the gen 1 has several bulbs on each side. when you open the trunk remove the plastic pins holding the carpet to the trunk and pull the carpet back a little bit and it will expose the connections. they simply twist out

On a gen 2 this would be a led setup i believe. it is much nicer looking but it also has more problems as its common for the ballast to be a bitch. if neither one of your cars are lighting up then chances are you have bad bulbs in the gen 1 and a bad ballast on the gen 2.

On a Gen II, you can see the neon taillight on the top. It could be the neon taillight that is broken and in that case you will have to replace the whole light bar assembly. Or it could be the ballast, which could be purchased from a guy named "glitch" for $100 but I don't know if it's still in production.

Damn 2nd Gen ballasts... Mines hit or miss if it works right now so like 95% of the other 2nd Gens I have to fix this as well lol

Got some nights shots to post, more to come when I get more bulbs done.

image-4188703387.jpg
View through back window to see the door panel lights

image-2447746794.jpg
Door panel lights facing straight out, as stated earlier this was very bright so I did angle down..

image-172390990.jpg
After I angled the bulb down more, think it does look better and not so blinding when sitting in the car

image-239768651.jpg
Back seat lights up nice so far with these.

image-3782390396.jpg
Passenger door with bulb facing straight

image-1876685819.jpg
Passenger door with bulb angled down

image-1914369755.jpg
Backseat view again.

image-4188703387.jpg

image-2447746794.jpg

image-172390990.jpg

image-239768651.jpg

image-3782390396.jpg

image-1876685819.jpg

image-1914369755.jpg

Mark0101;

On my gen 2, I can see holes where bulbs should go, under the carpet, but you say that gen 2 cars are neon. how can I tell what I have, if anything? Where would the ballast bd located? If I have something that is there, and not working, then I need to make it work again. Thanks!

I've had my gen 2 car for 61 months, and those lights, if I have them, have never worked. How embarassing is that for me to find this out, after that much time!

Mark0101;

On my gen 2, I can see holes where bulbs should go, under the carpet, but you say that gen 2 cars are neon. how can I tell what I have, if anything? Where would the ballast bd located? If I have something that is there, and not working, then I need to make it work again. Thanks!

The ballast should be on the right hand side if I remember correctly but you are gonna have to remove the light for that to replace it.

Well, after I got home from work tonight, I checked all the bulbs on my gen 1, and they all look burned out. so I will buy replacements this weekend, and see if that fixes that car.
On my gen 2, I'll have to figure out how to Check to see if the ballast is bad. looks complicated, and don't know if I can handle that task. don't think I have all the tools/equipment to do that properly. what's a guy to do? Arghhh!

Ok, I replaced all of the 168 bulbs on my gen 1 decklid (4), and they still are not lighting up! What else can the problem be? A fuse? Is there a relay somewhere? It doesn't give which fuse it is in the owners manual. any thoughts, ideas? Just want to get them working again!
Can some offer some ideas?

Well I installed my led dash lights today. Only did gauges and turn signals so far, going to be ordering more to do all of the warning lights along the bottom and a few other things but here's some pics:

image-1619192013.jpg
Pull apart dash to get to the instrument cluster..

image-3347714333.jpg

image-3998221113.jpg

image-1367902457.jpg
Open the back of the instrument cluster and reveal the lights

image-2478399593.jpg
Twist and pull bulbs out

image-252247870.jpg
Original bulb

image-75024222.jpg
LED replacement and original bulb

image-2206415395.jpg
Insert LED bulb into cluster (this one is fuel gauge)

image-1686946382.jpg
Replacing turn signal.

Put it all together then had to check if bulbs were in proper way, had to adjust a couple, then replace dash and done. Fun times...

image-1619192013.jpg

image-3347714333.jpg

image-3998221113.jpg

image-1367902457.jpg

image-2478399593.jpg

image-252247870.jpg

image-75024222.jpg

image-2206415395.jpg

image-1686946382.jpg

coming along nciely. did you stick with original colors for the dash lights. i went blue with mine. it looks really nice. whats funny tho is if the street lights hit em they look purple but in the straight up dark they are bright vivid blue.

coming along nciely. did you stick with original colors for the dash lights. i went blue with mine. it looks really nice. whats funny tho is if the street lights hit em they look purple but in the straight up dark they are bright vivid blue.

I did plain white ill post pics later tonight of in the dark

Members online

No members online now.
Back