LED lights install

wana461

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just ordered LED lights for all interior lighting, dash lights, puddle lights and door panel lights for my 98 LSC. When they arrive ill post before and after photos.

Lights I've purchased:
- T5 3 LED SMD Bulbs for dash x10
- T10 68 LED SMD Bulbs for puddle lights x2
- T10 10 LED SMD Bulbs for some interior lights x10
- 214-2 Dome 41mm 16 LED SMD Light for door panels x2.

Cost is around $20(Canadian) for all the lights.

image-2088315625.jpg
Dash lights

image-1444082586.jpg
Puddle lights

image-364555001.jpg
Interior

image-2125507371.jpg
Door panels

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-2088315625.jpg

image-1444082586.jpg

image-364555001.jpg

image-2125507371.jpg

Mine are all 5 SMD's for the interior. Brightened it up nice and white, instead of the old yellow light. I also used the same light for the tag too.

DSC03126-1.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

This is without the extra two dome lights being switched on.

DSC03127.jpg

This is the SMD LED I used inside.

SMDLight.jpg

These are in my reverse lights and really put some light out.

CO_Backup.jpg

2012-05-31162700.jpg

I plan on doing the reverse lights and license plate light as well. Will be using the 10smd on my license plate. Have this on my other vehicles and love the look of the white!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Terry, from the interior pics of your car, it looks alot bluer than white and it looks good. I have those cheap blue tinted incandescent in my overhead now and I'd like to switch to LEDs and find something in the 4600K range.

The lights in my gen1 eatc and shifter indicator have been modified to use white leds. I'll post up some pictures if anyone is interested.

I guess you could say that they have a slight blue tint to them but when looking directly at the bulb or lens, they look white and mostly put out a white light. I never really paid that much attention to them putting out a blue tint but it does appear that way in the photo. Not quite like that in person though. The only ones that aren't 5 SMD are the rear sides and they are 9 SMD I believe but not any brighter than the 5 SMD. The ad mentioned they were 6K but I can't verify that claim.

The "CREE" mentioned above for reverse lights are very bright, especially when you get into 25 watt. 10 watt or even 7.5 watt is bright and I almost went with them but I'm in reverse very rarely and the price just wasn't justifying getting them for such little use. I just wanted a pure white light and not the old school yellow look.

I used 20 smd white in the 4 upper light's and 5 smd blue in the 4 lower light's. All blue was just too much.

Anybody know where I can get some blue T4 neo-wedge lights for cheap? I've looked on fleabay and the best I can find is 2 for $6.60 including shipping :eek:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12082540952...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1886wt_1139
I'd like to find a bag of about 20 of these for $10 bucks like the blue #194 bulbs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-T10-194...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f91f7e26&vxp=mtr
The T4's go in the instrument cluster, EATC, and message center control panel among others.

check amazon i got 10 white for like 9$ shipped

IMG_0130_zps04a59041.jpg

When I get my replacement ignition ill take pics of the 25w ones for yall. Until then ill just say I have them in my center stop and reverse on the Lincoln. And I have them in my front turn on my bronco

Sent from the depths of jellified Vivow hell.

Yes ours are very similar:cool:, i'm getting carbon fiber vinyl this weekend to wrap the wood in the center stack radio-cupholders

you mean something like this

523760_520421894649640_1634668158_n.jpg

in regards to the t4 neo wedges. i have not found a cheap place for em. i get them v-led and they cost a little more because of shipping prices. but its an american company so ship time is pretty descent. theres also that superbriteleds.com or something like that as well. here is a link for vled. t4 search the site for neo wedges and the color you want. its about 3.99 for a pair plus shipping. so far the only success if had is in the buttons on the top dash the ones in the havac unit i havnt gotten any leds to light yet. but i still have another set to try.

you mean something like this

523760_520421894649640_1634668158_n.jpg

in regards to the t4 neo wedges. i have not found a cheap place for em. i get them v-led and they cost a little more because of shipping prices. but its an american company so ship time is pretty descent. theres also that superbriteleds.com or something like that as well. here is a link for vled. t4 search the site for neo wedges and the color you want. its about 3.99 for a pair plus shipping. so far the only success if had is in the buttons on the top dash the ones in the havac unit i havnt gotten any leds to light yet. but i still have another set to try.

Yep, had the idea for about a year just never get around to buyung the vinyl. Brother wrapped interior on his svt focus and ive wanted to do mine ever since

My bulbs for the door panels came in on Friday and I just got around to putting them in, hectic weekend, so here's some pics:

image-2693079529.jpg
^^ Is the new LED bulb with the original ones I pulled^^

image-1124232361.jpg
^^What the stock bulbs looked like with cover^^

image-1876974250.jpg
^^Stock bulbs without cover^^

image-2558768815.jpg

image-3976420875.jpg
^^LED bulb installed without cover^^^

image-336295135.jpg
^^LED bulb installed with cover^^

image-1329038735.jpg
^^Driver's side door as well with LED installed with cover^^

More to come. Will post night shots later as well as the new bulbs when they arrive.

image-2693079529.jpg

image-1124232361.jpg

image-1876974250.jpg

image-2558768815.jpg

image-3976420875.jpg

image-336295135.jpg

image-1329038735.jpg

image-2109021944.jpg

Hey I also did the same thing for the door panel courtesy lamp. Mine were a little bright so when you entered from say the driver door the passenger bulb would be blinding and you could see the separate leds. My trick was to angle them down about 45 degrees... it looked factory after that...
To me it didn't look nice how it would be blinding when I had the door open or the fact you could see the leds... just a tip.

Hey I also did the same thing for the door panel courtesy lamp. Mine were a little bright so when you entered from say the driver door the passenger bulb would be blinding and you could see the separate leds. My trick was to angle them down about 45 degrees... it looked factory after that...
To me it didn't look nice how it would be blinding when I had the door open or the fact you could see the leds... just a tip.

Thanks for the tip. See what I think later when it's darker and will let you know. Sounds like a good idea to me though anyways!

Do your door switches illuminate like the Lincoln LS ? If yes can someone post a full list of all the interior switches that need to be converted from green to any led color available.I do interior switch,ac/heater control and clusters conversions for LS members here on lvc and would love to extend these services to you mark guys.sorry for the thread jack.I apologize

Would it be possible, and what would have to be done, to convert all instrument leds (gauges, hvac, message center) to red.

I've converted the mark vii and my bronco to red using the ol' acetone and red leds trick. Just wondering if this would be as simple

As far as ford vehicles go.I know my st and the LS have a green film behind the cluster, you can remove it by using laquer thinner.the switches and hvac are already led so you just need to replace leds and resistors, you can check out my sticky thread in the LS section of lvc so you can see my work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back