Kenne-bell told me they would'nt sell it, so I'll make one myself.

Geno I am sure this has been covered a thousand times but Frogs not here. :lol:
Does that car have forged internals and is it a factory car or did Tasca Ford (they are a dealer, no?) do it which makes it a dealer installed add on.

It was built by Watson Engineering Ford's prototype hired guns, all forged guts.
It was taken from them prior to the CRUSHER by Bob Tasca then got the nickname Tasca Supermark.

Sweet, thank Geno.

OP: what are the dimensions of the top opening and what is the internal height from the bottom inside to the top edge of the blower mating surface?
You can prolly see where Iam going with this.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I was wanting to know where all of the required 8 rib pulley's came from. Also, on your pic, is the tensioner still in the stock location?

Tensioner is stock located. The pulleys are from a Powerstroke.

This shot shows the tensioner as well as the OBDII cam sensor that was added. This car runs OBDI and OBDII.

b44.jpg

b46.jpg

Heres a shot of the boss they had to weld on to accomodate the extra idler pulley.

pullies.jpg

Mike I posted this thread on SVTPerformance in the sn95 cobra section and will let you know about the interest... cobra interest

Hopefully the link will help you... once again I am interested maybe for both cars...

The idea is good but without an intercooler it will be no different than the KB that's offered for these engines, well it may be a little lower. With meth I would estimate the power it would prive to be in the 375rwhp range. Another issue is that of pre-boost power which isn't great even in the 03/04 cobras and with the much larger intake ports of the B heads it will only be worse. Also, the heavier weight of the Mark and its automatic trans will only magnify the problem.

Or do an aftercooler like on the SuperMark.

^ Geno, this is worthless without PICS DAMMIT!
LMAO

Also I knew it had two PCM's running the show/16 injectors..but I didn't know one of them was obd2

...Tell us more/ALL you know
(shines the bright light in your eyes}

Since it's easy for me to use up other peoples free time...
Geno you should start a thread here on LVC and post..any, and all information and pics you have on the supermark..and any and all information you have regarding the car.

we have vays of making you talk..

Heres some shots of the intercooler. The intercooler radiator is a fab job and the cars radiator and fan shroud are from a Ford Aerostar Mini Van.

b43.jpg

The intercooler set up has its own dedicated radiator, electric water pump and puke tanke, see below.

b46.jpg

screen2.jpg

Fits so nice and factory.

superM3.jpg

Last edited:
See that is exactly what I am saying could be intergrated into the new setup hes trying to make. If that smaller heat exchanger could be mounted so its fins cover the entire blower opening then it would be the same air to water intercooled setup.

How does the the aftercooler work in the case of the Super Mark?
That setup looks like the cobra eaton. It uses an intercooler that has coolant which is cooled by a heat exchanger. The coolant tubes going into the front of the manifold connect the heat exchanger and the intercooler which is located in the intake manifold under the eaton. Am I correct or am I missing something?

Geno,

You were correct. It is considered an aftercooler, just the same as the terminator setup. For some reason it's been billed an intercooler instead of what it really is.

Anyway, after alot of phone time with Bell intercooling, I found a core tha will work with what we need. I know I am going to get people saying that it's not big enough, but I'm not very good at cramming 300 pounds of :q:q:q:q into a 2 pound box.

The core pictured measures 12X3.7x2.25, and will leave plenty of room beneath it to flow air. I'm thinking that wilth a HVHP water pump and an efficient Heat exchanger, it should do just fine. Anyway, I still have alot of work to do in designing the end tanks and finding a cost effective way to have them consturcted. (I'll probably end up TIG welding them myself, so we will have to see.)

But anyway, Here is a preliminary rendering.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Technically its an aftercooler with a heat exchanger. :p
Aftercooler is the right term though. Its the same thing Vortech does and we all know what Vortechs cooling system is called. :lol:

Technically its an aftercooler with a heat exchanger. :p
Aftercooler is the right term though. Its the same thing Vortech does and we all know what Vortechs cooling system is called. :lol:

...but we also know how well Vortechs doesn't work.

The 03/04 guys and Ford has called them intercoolers for years, but they all cool the charge after it has been pressurized.

Anyway, after alot of phone time with Bell intercooling, I found a core tha will work with what we need. I know I am going to get people saying that it's not big enough, but I'm not very good at cramming 300 pounds of :q:q:q:q into a 2 pound box.

The core pictured measures 12X3.7x2.25, and will leave plenty of room beneath it to flow air. I'm thinking that wilth a HVHP water pump and an efficient Heat exchanger, it should do just fine. Anyway, I still have alot of work to do in designing the end tanks and finding a cost effective way to have them consturcted. (I'll probably end up TIG welding them myself, so we will have to see.)

That is just how I was thinking. You could use that larger one I posted as the front mount heat exchanger. Its slim and long and would fit great behing the bumper more like a Cobra then the SuperMark. Canton makes a small coolant catch can for the cobra that would work well in this application.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...cobra-intercooler-expansion-fill-tank-p-11463
Cobra pumps are cheap on ebay too.

Another alternative to mounting a front mount heat exchanger would be to use this instead. http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...id-03-04-mustang-cobra-killer-chiller-p-25018
It hooks to the A/C and would really cool the system down.

...but we also know how well Vortechs doesn't work.

The 03/04 guys and Ford has called them intercoolers for years, but they all cool the charge after it has been pressurized.

I am an 03/04 Cobra guy and have corrected them for many years. :lol:
I always called the front part a heat exchanger, think 04sleeper is who got me stuck on that. ;)

Anyway, I still have alot of work to do in designing the end tanks and finding a cost effective way to have them consturcted. (I'll probably end up TIG welding them myself, so we will have to see.)

I have a guy that would be willing to help with the welding, he makes intercoolers for very high boost systems so his work can be trusted. It would be free also.

Members online

No members online now.
Back