junkyard finds

stu

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I went to the junkyard to find some odds & ends and scored a w3z2 pcm, focal component set, and tomarrow I am going back for the 93 driveshaft.:D:D:D

003-1.jpg
[/IMG]

001.jpg

94 and no it does not

94 and no it does not

The PCM will not work in your car if it came out of a 93 that had traction control, which most had. I ran into the same problem with the 94 I had and trying to use a PCM from a 93 that had traction control. All it would do is crank but would not start. I really wanted that PCM too but it would not work and it was all because of the TC. My 94 didn't have TC either. You can try it but if it don't crank, you'll know why.

The 93 I pulled it from didnt have tc. Its in right now and its works great. At first I didnt notice any difference except It shifted alot better. But when I went to the store a minute ago I got on the highway and it seems to have little more power.

The 93 I pulled it from didnt have tc. Its in right now and its works great. At first I didnt notice any difference except It shifted alot better. But when I went to the store a minute ago I got on the highway and it seems to have little more power.

You got damn lucky! You just don't know how lucky you were finding that.

You're shift will feel a little better because the shift pressure on the w3z2 PCM is about 15 PSI higher as well, for a more solid, quick shift. Also, no speed limiter. There is a lot of difference calibration-wise between w3z2 and z4ho. The rev limit is about 800 RPM's higher and there is about 8-10 degree's more WOT spark.

You're shift will feel a little better because the shift pressure on the w3z2 PCM is about 15 PSI higher as well, for a more solid, quick shift. Also, no speed limiter. There is a lot of difference calibration-wise between w3z2 and z4ho. The rev limit is about 800 RPM's higher and there is about 8-10 degree's more WOT spark.

Now that I know that I will be on the look out for more. I know where 3 more 93s are at.

Yeah, Sapperfire needs a non TC ABS module for his 93.

Good score on those Focal components. Those are pretty decient speakers.

those computers are so rare that i have a box full of them in my garage with an inch of dust on them. rare shmare!

PM me if you want to sell the Focals. I'd buy them at the right price! I need some front speakers until I do my larger install this summer, and polyglas series sound OK.

Hey STU, yeah he would like it depending on cost. If its reasonable then yeah. :)

PM me if you want to sell the Focals. I'd buy them at the right price! I need some front speakers until I do my larger install this summer, and polyglas series sound OK.

sorry i think i am going to keep the focals.

Members online

No members online now.
Back