It's official...

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am now a member of the boosted Gen2 club. :)

04a20140503_104601.jpg

02imagejpeg_0.jpg

08photo 1.JPG

10photo 2.jpg

'98 Cordovan CE, '04 Terminator motor, supporting mods with Auburn rear differential and 3.73's. :cool:

04a20140503_104601.jpg

02imagejpeg_0.jpg

08photo 1.JPG

10photo 2.jpg

Super sweet. Before you touch anything you should take it to track and see what she'll do. Be nice to see some #'s on that cool swap.

I don't plan to 'touch it' for a while... too many other unfinished projects to attend to. For now, it will go to Carlisle and the run in the Power Tour.

I don't plan on making it a track star but I do want to run it at the track just to see what it would do. I have a set of old 5x4.25 wheels with drag tires I can put on it. I just hope there's enough tire to get traction. LOL

How is the gut? Nice deal having the holy grail of mk8's then blown on top of that. How many miles on car, on engine, is car a stick?

The engine was a take out from a wrecked Cobra. Between the original vehicle and the Mark VIII, I believe there is around 30K on the motor. The Mark VIII was bought from a widow in '02 with 8100 miles, daily driven until 2009 with 54K on the odometer. The 'build' started in 2010 and it now has 59K on the clock.

The 4R70W was bulletproofed with Kevlar clutches and other goodies. It also has a DynoTech driveshaft and rear cover brace on the center section to help the driveline. The torque converter is still stock.

I have an entire collection of parts that came along with it and a medley of Mark VIII paraphernalia including a DVD full of pics, records and details of the build. It was "conservatively tuned" and dyno'd at 408 RWHP / 430 RWTQ.

Sweet man that car looks like a sleeper until you start it up. :) looking beastly under the hood.

Awesome car! I seriously considered buying it, but I don't visit the Mark8.org site often enough to notice it fast enough. You jumped on it before me. Seemed like a great deal based on what I could find about the car, and the pics.

I do remember when he had it up for $15k, and I thought that was too much. The new asking price was MUCH better.

Good Luck with it.

I missed out on buying Doug's car, then missed this. Who knew their IS a higher dollar market for higher quality modified Mark VIII's with lowish miles?

If you get some buyer's remorse and change your mind about the purchase let me know! :)

Ken

Thanks everyone! :)

It was a rare opportunity and things just clicked to make it happen. I don't foresee any buyers remorse but I suspect there is some seller remorse. It was 3 years in the making and I am confident the build was done right.

It may very well eat up the "blue stroker car". LOL :D

Love the car! The only thing i'd do is add light shade of tint and be done with it. Glad you're happy. :)

Thanks everyone! :)

It was a rare opportunity and things just clicked to make it happen. I don't foresee any buyers remorse but I suspect there is some seller remorse. It was 3 years in the making and I am confident the build was done right.

It may very well eat up the "blue stroker car". LOL :D

No maybes, i think for sure lol. But yes as stated only thing i would do is maybe 15% tint all around and hub swap with 03-04 polished cobra wheels :)

I don't think it will "eat" the blue car.(eat to me is 1 sec faster) The blue car is set up for drags with correct tires and little lighter weight. The new one is going to be really heavy with the cast iron block then the blower and other parts. It will be nice to see what it runs. I'm going to put my guess down of 12.46@108.

Members online

No members online now.
Back