I joined the Mark VII cult now all I wanna do is sell the thing.

Roach removed his - he loves being bagless.....lolol

It tears me up that your Mark and you are such having problems... keep keepn her clean...she's just having a hard time and things just aren't running right for her now...but she deserves that...and keep me up on how she is and what you decide....

Smooches
MsM8

Also, Caddy went to FWD in the late 60's, not the 80's.

I'm well aware of the Eldos, I have had 67s and 71s, oh, and a 70 and a 72 and a 75 ragtop. All were mistakes. Neat looking cars, but mistakes. And they were the only FWD Cadillacs back then. What I meant was Cadillac went over to the dark side completely when I went to buy an 85 CDV and looked under the hood and saw that pathetic transverse mounted engine , revealing the FWD factor. My friend has a fairly new FWD Fleetwood and the driving chamber is not big enough for me. No place to put my left leg. I'm done with Cadillacs.

Kind of like this LSC mistake I own. I have to drive around with my head bowed, and it's not out of reverence. The seat doesn't go low enough to keep my head from hitting the ceiling. That was my major bitch when I had the 450SL lo, those many years ago. If the hard top was on, I'd have to duck to drive.

Somewhere there's a 67 Pontiac with my name on it. GTO or GP, maybe Barneville.

Continued Hijack

I'll buy her in 50 years, she'll set my blue hair off perfectly!

I know I feel the same way about Tux...so far 2 guys have broke up with me cause of him......what was this thread about.....some insanity of getting ride of a Mark....guess that is what it takes TO KEEP ONE...heheh insanity!

MsM8

OOOH MsM8tress (Debi) They must have been jealous of your love of your Lincoln, their loss! Damn, if I were single, I might visit you. That is of course you wouldn't mind a Mark VII MAN. BTW, which Columbus do you live in? As there are a few of them around the country.
Sincerly, Rick

OK, Back to the orignal topic

To test your no start condition. try some thing simple like jumping across the starter soleniod behind the battery. From the post where the battery cable comes from the battery to the small terminal on the solinoid that you have to pull the wire off to uncover it. Does the engine crank or does the starter click/clunk? if the engine cranks, your problem is in either the ignition switch (base of the steering column) or the neutral safety switch. located on the tranny. (If I remember it just screws into the tranny.)
If the starter clunks/clicks it can be a defective starter or a bad connection or low voltage. The voltage needs to be atleast 10.35 volts while cranking to operate properly. take the battery to Kragen/ Autozone etc.. and get it load tested.
When you turn the key what happens?
FYI I a sudden had a no start condition and tore my column apart to get to the switch, to find out I had not pushed the shifter all the way forward.
Sacramento Rick

Last edited:
It's fixed - The price is now $3700.

FONT="Garamond"]So against my better judgement, I did the fixes to this money sewer. It's now got a new starter, new alternator, new regulator, new Die Hard Gold battery, new water pump, new every hose in the cooling system, to include those leeeeetle molded ones ( I kept the old hoses for spares), new serpentine belt (kept the old one for a spare), new air bags, and the stooooooooopid trip minder now works.
So if any true believer wants to put their money where their keyboard is, it's still up for grabs. It's near LAX.
Happy New Year.
[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited:
For every one guy that complains about the suspension, there are ten of us that have no complaints...think about that, and you might get something out of it. Also, Caddy went to FWD in the late 60's, not the 80's.

Josh,
I forgot to comment on this.
What I wanted to add to this is that after people change to steel springs, we normally don't hear from them again. :) People that properly replace their rubber products with new rubber products, tend to stick around and continue to participate in the suspension conversations. :)

Josh,
I forgot to comment on this.
What I wanted to add to this is that after people change to steel springs, we normally don't hear from them again. :) People that properly replace their rubber products with new rubber products, tend to stick around and continue to participate in the suspension conversations. :)
:I
also, when I tell people what my car is (usually they have no clue), they say..."oh yeah, isn't that the one that lowers the faster it goes.."

Smooches!MsM8

So Fast That You Move Backward In Time

:I
also, when I tell people what my car is (usually they have no clue), they say..."oh yeah, isn't that the one that lowers the faster it goes.."

Smooches!MsM8
Yeah.
By the time you hit 100 mph, you're traveling underground :)

FONT="Garamond"]So against my better judgement, I did the fixes to this money sewer. It's now got a new starter, new alternator, new regulator, new Die Hard Gold battery, new water pump, new every hose in the cooling system, to include those leeeeetle molded ones ( I kept the old hoses for spares), new serpentine belt (kept the old one for a spare), new air bags, and the stooooooooopid trip minder now works.
So if any true believer wants to put their money where their keyboard is, it's still up for grabs. It's near LAX.
Happy New Year.
[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

With all due respect, I've been watching this car since it was first listed locally. Yes, I'm in the area. As a twenty year owner of a Mark VII and now owning several "money sewers" which I occasionally loan to friends while their friggin' Mercedes Benz's and Beemers are being continuously repaired, so they actually have something that runs, so they can shuttle trunk loads of money from the bank to their mechanics, I wouldn't have your car if I was paid to take it! Certainly, not after being called a cultist by the owner! If you are so pleased with it, run it off the Vincent St. Thomas bridge and buy a Mercedes!

There are TONS of nice Mark VII's that were properly maintained for sale at half the price in the Los Angeles area. How do I know? I have purchased several of these "money sewers" that continue to operate flawlessly on a daily basis. Quite frankly, I'm friggin' tired of your attitude, especially on a forum where you are insulting folks who actually see the value in these cars.

After the way you talk about it and your asking price, I suggest that you learn to like it, because you are going to own it for a long time!

Art

With all due respect, I've been watching this car since it was first listed locally. Yes, I'm in the area. As a twenty year owner of a Mark VII and now owning several "money sewers" which I occasionally loan to friends while their friggin' Mercedes Benz's and Beemers are being continuously repaired, so they actually have something that runs, so they can shuttle trunk loads of money from the bank to their mechanics, I wouldn't have your car if I was paid to take it! Certainly, not after being called a cultist by the owner! If you are so pleased with it, run it off the Vincent St. Thomas bridge and buy a Mercedes!

There are TONS of nice Mark VII's that were properly maintained for sale at half the price in the Los Angeles area. How do I know? I have purchased several of these "money sewers" that continue to operate flawlessly on a daily basis. Quite frankly, I'm friggin' tired of your attitude, especially on a forum where you are insulting folks who actually see the value in these cars.

After the way you talk about it and your asking price, I suggest that you learn to like it, because you are going to own it for a long time!

Art
PM sent.

heheh OldSchool found another groupie! lol - Man I love you guys, this site, and I love my Mark's even more! Smooches
MsM8

Yo Art!

Quite frankly, I'm friggin' tired of your attitude, especially on a forum where you are insulting folks who actually see the value in these cars.
[B]
Art Thinskin: Point out to me one place where I have insulted anyone on this forum. Go ahead, scroll up and look at all my posts. I'll wait. Now read through them and tell me where I insulted any person. Come on, tell me. Oh no, taking offense because I say what I think about a car I own doesn't count. I also have many choice words about one of my computers. OK now go back and show us all exactly where I insulted anyone here. Remember, cars don't count. Come on, show me. Hmmm.... can't, can you? That's because I've been polite to everyone here all this time. I could start making an exception in your case if you really want a conflict, but I have better things to do with my time.
Oh yeah, and Vincent Thomas was just a politician who managed to get a bridge built. He was far from a saint. He was an assemblyman from Pedro. Represented the fish factories. Or so he claimed. One of the arguments in favor of term limits.
Say goodnight, Artie.

[/B][/SIZE]
[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quite frankly, I'm friggin' tired of your attitude, especially on a forum where you are insulting folks who actually see the value in these cars.
[B]
Art Thinskin: Point out to me one place where I have insulted anyone on this forum. Go ahead, scroll up and look at all my posts. I'll wait. Now read through them and tell me where I insulted any person. Come on, tell me. Oh no, taking offense because I say what I think about a car I own doesn't count. I also have many choice words about one of my computers. OK now go back and show us all exactly where I insulted anyone here. Remember, cars don't count. Come on, show me. Hmmm.... can't, can you? That's because I've been polite to everyone here all this time. I could start making an exception in your case if you really want a conflict, but I have better things to do with my time.
Oh yeah, and Vincent Thomas was just a politician who managed to get a bridge built. He was far from a saint. He was an assemblyman from Pedro. Represented the fish factories. Or so he claimed. One of the arguments in favor of term limits.
Say goodnight, Artie.

[/B][/SIZE]
[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, and goodnight.
Artie

Dammit. There’s a cult member out there someplace who wants this car.

I sure am glad that we belong to a CULT like you say, because at least we belong to a great cult of people. Unlike some one else we know. I'm glad that we own 5 of these and wouldn't change one of them for anything.

This is the last straw

OK that's all, folks. I paid the money, I fixed this stooooopid car, air bags, water pump, alternator, starter, solenoid, silk purse tune up right down to the plug wires, new window motors, door lock doofloppy, I forget what else, mechanic says the brakes are good so don't mess with them when I told him I wanted ceramic pads, that was bothering me, but now the CC went out! This is it. This car is out of here. The CC servo is like $171 if you know where to buy it on line, but do you know you have to TAKE THE FENDER OFF to replace it??? That's all, folks. Somebody give me $2500 and take this rolling money toilet. A car without CC isn't worth owning. Hey, summer is coming, the a/c blasts cold. Oh and this car is not recommended for tall people. You have to duck your head to drive it, even with the seat lowered completely. Somebody wants this beast. Title is in my name, registered to July, come get it. :mad:

OK that's all, folks. I paid the money, I fixed this stooooopid car, air bags, water pump, alternator, starter, solenoid, silk purse tune up right down to the plug wires, new window motors, door lock doofloppy, I forget what else, mechanic says the brakes are good so don't mess with them when I told him I wanted ceramic pads, that was bothering me, but now the CC went out! This is it. This car is out of here. The CC servo is like $171 if you know where to buy it on line, but do you know you have to TAKE THE FENDER OFF to replace it??? That's all, folks. Somebody give me $2500 and take this rolling money toilet. A car without CC isn't worth owning. Hey, summer is coming, the a/c blasts cold. Oh and this car is not recommended for tall people. You have to duck your head to drive it, even with the seat lowered completely. Somebody wants this beast. Title is in my name, registered to July, come get it. :mad:

No need to take the fender off, you just pull out the plastic inner liner. I replaced mine 8-9 years ago when the piston in the servo broke, two months later it broke again. the Dealer replaced it and said that it will break again if I didn't replace the TV Cable and the Throttle Cable as the cables start to bind with age and the plastic inside the servo cannot handle the extra force. I am still using the servo I installed back then.
Plan "B" Get an Audiovox Cruise Control From Kragen for about $120. and wire it in I installed one in my Ranger P/U in 2000. Works great, Just solder the electrical connections.
Plan C, You come off as a borderline dickhead. When people offer you good help you shouldn't spit in there face.
Fact of life, any older car/truck takes time and money to keep running. I have replaced or rebuilt ALL of the parts you have, and more...
Maybe you should buy a brand new car that hopefully wont give you these problems.
Rick

What's with you people and the namecalling? I've been nothing but polite to everyone, including the ones who choose to call names, the only negativity I transmit is directed toward MY OWN CAR! What has this country come to when I can't bitch about my own car? Lemme guess......... you vote d'rat in elections..... Take control over peoples' speech, choice of cars, opinions, rights to express them, medical care, personal habits, food choices, shut anyone up who dares disagree with you any way you can, tax citizens into oblivion because the government knows best what to do with peoples' money, and indoctrinate all children into that mold.
Harrumph.

...Lemme guess......... you vote d'rat in elections..... Take control over peoples' speech, choice of cars, opinions, rights to express them, medical care, personal habits, food choices, shut anyone up who dares disagree with you any way you can, tax citizens into oblivion because the government knows best what to do with peoples' money, and indoctrinate all children into that mold.
Harrumph.

...said the guy from California. :lol:

Is your LSC the 1987 model? It looks exactly like the one I have, even same color! Only problems I'm having right now is I THINK the brake master cylinder is bad (curious thing though. Brake light hasn't come on at all!), door locks do not seem to work on driver's side, and the DTE light beeps EVERY time I start the car, and I can't seem to get it to stop doing this. Luckily, the master cylinder is only 21.00 at O'Reillys, with a 15.00 core charge. Other than these problems, I love my Lincoln. Wished you were in Tennessee, as I'd definitely give you $2,000 for it.

You want to get rid of the car because it no longer has cc? Are you kidding me? How's the public transportation there? Then you don't have to worry bout working on a car nor driving it, its all done for you.

Omicron, we all do what you are doing because we love our rides, when you insult yours, it's like your insulting ours. I know it sounds silly, but it is true.

I really hope you find something you enjoy.

I feel so sorry for your lincoln. You should give it to a charity that will find a needy family for it, you'd get a tax write off on the value of the car plus repairs.

Take care

MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back