I joined the Mark VII cult now all I wanna do is sell the thing.

I also turn the key on every couple days to get the stoooopid air bags to fill up. Yeah, I have to yank the battery out and charge it once in a while. Hey look guys, Cadillac tried that airbag bandini half a century ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. WHAT were they thinking when they decided to use that retro technology?

I love the air ride and have replaced bags myself on VIIs and now my VIII. These cars are at least ten years old. Metal springs don't last much longer only when they fail the can handles like crap or maybe doesnt sit level anymore instead of slamming overnight like the air ride. And take a look at some of the 18 wheelers you see around most of them have airbags instead of metal springs.

It sucks that you have a money pit but even new cars have problems and after 10 or 15 or 20 years things wear out. If a car was maintained before you got it is usually not so bad but if not things can add up quick. I have had my VIII less then a year and have had to do rear bags, most of the front suspension, redo rotted brake lines, and more and now the trans is on it's way out. It sucks but I could be paying $500 a month for a new car.

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little

I'm right there with you brother.

Thats some nasty cottage cheese on that jawnsy jawn you got modelin for you colin.

Some kind of hybrid peanutbutter and 12 week old cabbaged with some grannine panties thrown in the mix.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Originally Posted by MsM8tress
viewpost.gif

Omicron, we all do what you are doing because we love our rides, when you insult yours, it's like your insulting ours. I know it sounds silly, but it is true.
So get rid of it & quit being frustrated.
Magic Al, I'm not frustrated, were you meaning Omicron?

I could not imagine driving anything but a MarkVIII. Actually when life seems to be rippin me a new one...I get in Tux (my Mark), go for a ride and the world seems a lot better.

If have to go out of town and suffer driving a rental, when I get home, the first thing I do is get in Tux, just to feel him against me again...even if I can't take him out (bad weather). Dang rentals...makes me feel like I am cheating on Tux.

Magic Al - how have you managed to be a LVC member for almost a year and only have one post! also - I see you live in WI, will you be attending Rich's meet in July?! It will be a blast and since you have been such a mystery member, maybe we will get the opportunity to see your Lincoln!

Hope to C U There!

Smooches
MsM8

Gee. Let me think about this one for a moment :)

Actually when life seems to be rippin me a new one...I get in Tux (my Mark), go for a ride and the world seems a lot better.

Ten dollars at the theater or
Ten dollars at the local bar or
Ten dollars in my fuel tank.
hmmm
Today's films are rushed CG jobs.
Beer is only rented.
The feel of a cruise through the Pennsylvania hills and
valleys and cities in a well maintained Lincoln Mark VII
... hell, I feel better just talking about it.

Lincoln_Mark_VII_Convertibles_by_Coach_Builders_Limited_Inc_002.thumb.jpg

I've known lots of people who had a Mark and sold it...not one has said it was a smart decision to get rid of it.

Mine was a good decision, but it went to a good home;)

hehe but you said "good" not smart - lol jk You know what I mean, you still miss her don't cha?

Amen OldSchool!

smooches
MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back