I joined the Mark VII cult now all I wanna do is sell the thing.

Omicron

LVC Member
Reaction score
This is the Hot Rod Lincoln Mark VII. I know there are a lot of people who love these things and hey, when they work right, they are really really nice cars. Quite honestly, I’m sick of fixing it. Brand new suspension air bags, new window motor, new door lock doodad, new stereo with CD player, new who knows what else, it’s never enough. This car is like a chick who finds out you have a bank account. OK here we go with the latest round. I stop for gas, fill the tank, get in the car, turn the key, and roor….roorr...roor and then roor….>click< Now all I get is >click<. SOOOOOOoooooo I take public transportation home, come back with my truck, try the truck battery in the car. Nothing doing. So I take the battery out of the car, take it home, charge it for a few hours, put it back in the car, still nothing doing. I believe it needs a starter. If you take this car, IT MUST BE TOWED.Either that or you can put a starter in it where it sits and drive it away. I’ve done that, but those days are over.
UPDATE: I had it towed home, it’s in a parking lot off the street now. If you’re up for taking it home and fixing it, grab it, the thing is actually a nice car. The a/c blasts cold, the cruise control is nice to have, it goes like hell if you want it to, it’s got the power seats and all the crapola they put on the Lincolns. If you manage to do a lot of freeway driving with no traffic, the beast will actually decent gas mileage, too. I’ll even throw in a couple extra stereos and speakers for it. And extra wheel cover center caps ($60 a pop at the dealer). And a couple extra emblems for when you are drying the car and the emblem falls off or you break it. When it’s not pissing you off, it’s a very nice car.
OK you know what you’re getting into, come and get it. I live near LAX. 90245 Comes with a full tank of gas. Dammit. There’s a cult member out there someplace who wants this car.
Contact oblivicron@hushmail.com

Car4.JPG

SORRY u feel that way we all love our car. remember new car break down just as much ask alot 07 and 08 car owners

hi110c.jpg

alternator or starter relay, check first for a drain in the system, come and worship with us and we will restore your faith in lincoln mark's

I'm angry, not stupid.

Well, gee I dunno about that... I had several people, here, read your post...they all got the same impression that you were giving it away.

If that text were in the classified section of a paper, you'd have people lining up for the Freebie!
For F*ck's sake! you didn't even mention the year of the car! :rolleyes:

You don't mention a price, what-so-ever, thAt's what is stupid.
I think you bought an old car that has special maintenence needs that you didn't research. These cars are getting to be for collectors and fans who certainly understand their special needs and possible technical repairs.

I suspect you're near the end of the major stuff, so don't be such a whiner, check the starter relay or change the starter...and quit crying.
What do you think you're playing at?
Anyone who buys an older car without knowing exactly what they're buying is asking for trouble or bills from someone else who does the work you don't want to do...pick one! :D

Translation of the last two posts (as I see it);

If you want to keep it, we'll help you any way that we can.

If you want to sell, we'll help you any way that we can.

Thanks, OS, that's the kind of support I'd expect on a board like this. We're supposed to help one another.
As for anyone who wants to talk down to me like I'm some kind of rookie, I say until you successfuly run down, buy, and install a heater for a 1938 LaSalle, don't try to lecture me about restoring cars. This LSC is in no way what I consider to be a vintage car. It's a recent model (91) that I expect to be driveable daily with a reasonable amount of maintenance. I was willing to drive my truck around while I was fixing it. Restoration is something that involves driving to another state for the Grand National and scoring 59 Cadillac tail light assemblies and maybe a horn ring if you get lucky, things of that nature.
I'm just sick of this money burning beast and I refuse to give it any more money. Quite honestly, I'd rather be sinking moolah into a 67 GTO and then I'd actually have a nice snazzy vintage car.

By the way, last go-round I bought way too many 59 Cadillac tail light lenses and tail light assemblies (with wires and lenses), some Guide, some not, so if someone is looking.....

I'm just sick of this money burning beast and I refuse to give it any more money. Quite honestly, I'd rather be sinking moolah into a 67 GTO and then I'd actually have a nice snazzy vintage car.
You're welcome.

You're going to be even sicker once you read this little article that answers the question of, "Whats My Mark VII Worth".

Click the link in my signature.

Omicron... you said it in your title, "CULT" yup, we are crazy in love with these automobiles...and yes, it is insane, and yes, we do sink dollar after dollar, hour after hour....

Even I was at the point where I was ready to give up, that was on my 1st Lincoln. When I got in an accident and totaled it I went looking for another car .....test driving car after car...then putting a car salesman into thearpy when I broke down and started bawling during a test drive...calling his car a overpriced piece of 5hit while banging on the steering wheel, tears coming down like a stream (yeah he is still in thearpy), I finally realized, nothing else compares, I don't want anything else, and began a search for another Mark VIII. Yeah, I'd call that crazy, and maybe a bit stupid too cause I dont have a lot of $ to throw around...but ya know, the happiness my Mark brings me is well worth the struggle to keep him on the road....oh yeah, can't forget the fringe benefits like getting to play with Hotties like OldSchool, Rich, 1bad, and all the others that have posted and are in LVC. lolol

I sure hope one way or the other we get ya straight and happy ;)

Smooches

MsM8

OldSchool before you post, look under the box you are posting in, to the right should be a "show your signature" check box - if it is checked, well, you might need to go into your user CP and see if it is still there....if not, Rich prolly took it...he's like that - heheh good luck Hottie!

MsM8

OldSchool before you post, look under the box you are posting in, to the right should be a "show your signature" check box - if it is checked, well, you might need to go into your user CP and see if it is still there....if not, Rich prolly took it...he's like that - heheh good luck Hottie!

MsM8
It's cool.
It's there in my settings AND I selected to have it shown but NO GO.

No sweat ... here's the links for Dude and anyone else that has read this thread.

WHAT IS MY MARK VII WORTH?
HOW DO I GIVE MY MARK VII A TUNE UP?
1984(2)|1985|1986|1987|1988|1989|1990|1991|1992
"All of this is assuming that everything else in the system is stock and well maintained."
- © The Lincoln Mark VII Club All rights reserved.

Translation of the last two posts (as I see it);

If you want to keep it, we'll help you any way that we can.

If you want to sell, we'll help you any way that we can.

LoL... There's a foriegn, U.S. embassy, somewhere, that has an opening for you, John! ;)

Members online

Back