I joined the Mark VII cult now all I wanna do is sell the thing.

That's because you still have a sense of humor and you realize that we're here to have fun and play with cars.

Well Put John...

This LSC is in no way what I consider to be a vintage car. It's a recent model (91) that I expect to be driveable daily with a reasonable amount of maintenance.

Oh a shot through OldSchools heart.. LOL...

Its a shame that a 87 to 93 stang is worth so much but a lincoln which is a better car is barely worth anything but good for people like us who know what they are and want to keep them going

OK.
Since this thread has been officially hijacked (and it wasn't by me this time) then I feel better about typing about something not related to the subject.

The "worth" topic has popped up a few times and each time, I have to say the same thing.

"Your car is only worth what someone else will pay for it."

I own PINKIN; a verified one of a kind 1986 Lincoln Mark VII. I couldn't PAY most people to take this car because it's, well, PINK. After following the car for five years, I picked it up Christmas Eve of 2006 for what I would consider A SONG. I would have gone as high as about $25,000.00 to preserve this car.

1986 Ford Mustangs are currently topping out at $5000.00 on Ebay. You couldn't pay me to own one (again). If someone posts a mint 86 with 19,600 miles on it (like PINKIN), I bet that someone would pay upwards of $12,000.00 If it is a verified one of a kind, then there's probably one person that would pay upwards of $25,000 to preserve the car.

Rant over.

I'm gonna go play with my toys.

I like cars

OK.
Since this thread has been officially hijacked (and it wasn't by me this time) then I feel better about typing about something not related to the subject.

The "worth" topic has popped up a few times and each time, I have to say the same thing.

"Your car is only worth what someone else will pay for it."

I own PINKIN; a verified one of a kind 1986 Lincoln Mark VII. I couldn't PAY most people to take this car because it's, well, PINK. After following the car for five years, I picked it up Christmas Eve of 2006 for what I would consider A SONG. I would have gone as high as about $25,000.00 to preserve this car.

1986 Ford Mustangs are currently topping out at $5000.00 on Ebay. You couldn't pay me to own one (again). If someone posts a mint 86 with 19,600 miles on it (like PINKIN), I bet that someone would pay upwards of $12,000.00 If it is a verified one of a kind, then there's probably one person that would pay upwards of $25,000 to preserve the car.

Rant over.

I'm gonna go play with my toys.

I pull up to a red light a stnag pulls up to a red light...trust me, I'm not the one left feeling any shame!!!!!!!! lolol but I understand what your saying, the immediate acknowledgement a stang gets vs a Lincoln, well the way I look at it is, look at what we have vs what they have....no brainer!!!

I agree with Roach - oh gesh..I agreed with roach again!

and OS on his PINKIN, as much as I love pink, I am not sure if Id have bought it! but I am glad OS got it instead of an unworthy!!

MsM8

yuh

lscracingkasper.jpg

I pull up to a red light a stnag pulls up to a red light...trust me, I'm not the one left feeling any shame!!!!!!!! lolol but I understand what your saying, the immediate acknowledgement a stang gets vs a Lincoln, well the way I look at it is, look at what we have vs what they have....no brainer!!!

I agree with Roach - oh gesh..I agreed with roach again!

and OS on his PINKIN, as much as I love pink, I am not sure if Id have bought it! but I am glad OS got it instead of an unworthy!!

MsM8
Thanks girlfriend. I wish I could have seen your face when you first walked up to the car :)
I agree. PINKIN is not for you :)

If PINKIN were put on EBAY today, it wouldn't bring more than $5,000.00

If PINKIN were put on Barrett-Jackson today, it wouldn't bring more than $25,000.00

Although I don't plan on selling it, EVER for ANY price, it would be cool to live 50 more years and see what it would bring at auction :)

If PINKIN were put on Barrett-Jackson today, it wouldn't bring more than $25,000.00......Although I don't plan on selling it, EVER for ANY price, it would be cool to live 50 more years and see what it would bring at auction :)

I'll buy her in 50 years, she'll set my blue hair off perfectly!

I know I feel the same way about Tux...so far 2 guys have broke up with me cause of him......what was this thread about.....some insanity of getting ride of a Mark....guess that is what it takes TO KEEP ONE...heheh insanity!

MsM8

I'm gonna open up a can of whop-raid on ya! lololol can always count on you roach.....lol

MsM8

my heart is broke....

I "think" that the car was retired a couple years back in New Jersey.

The driver name and the garage that own(ed) it escapes me.

Colin. Help out a Brother with a failing memory. Who owns/owned that blue tubbed NRA Mark VII?

NICE PICS! Thanks OldSchool!

Omicron, my apologizies, I didn't mean to highjack your thread.

How is your Mark coming along?

MsM8

NICE PICS! Thanks OldSchool!

Omicron, my apologizies, I didn't mean to highjack your thread.

How is your Mark coming along?

MsM8
You're welcome.
The hijacking was a group effort :)

I hope Dude decides to keep the car. I'd really feel bad if he went through the entire selling process like three times, just to find out that the car could sell at his asking price if he were to first correct the problems that he mentioned here.

Your so right OldSchool!!! I have had so many people stop me, or roll their window down, or tell me at a car show - "I had one of those...sure wish I'd a kept it".

I've known lots of people who had a Mark and sold it...not one has said it was a smart decision to get rid of it.

Actually, there are 2 Mark owners here (one a Mark VII one a Mark III) that HAD for sale signs in their window....well, if you know me...I'm stoppin, talked them both into keeping them. Both have not only kept their Marks, but have begun restoration to make them show room clean!

Lol, I knocked on the door, guy answered, I stuck my hand out and said..."the keys please", he said, "oh...you would like a test drive." (drewlin over my MarkVIII), I said, "No, Im taking it, your unworthy" with a smile and a laugh. Then I ask him to pop the hood and tell me about it...that was almost 2 years ago, we are good friends now ;) and he is soooooo happy he kept is Mark III ! Me too ;) (his engine is still blue!!).

Smooches!
MsM8

NO big deal

Ah it's ok you guys are posting on this thread, I don't mind. It's like any conversation where anyone walking by is eligible to join. Happens to us all the time, the conversation takes a turn a different way, then veers someplace else. It's no big deal guys, you can take this any direction you want.
MsM8- - -to answer your question, the beast has been sitting in one place, I hose and towel it off once a week so it doesn't look abandoned. I also turn the key on every couple days to get the stoooopid air bags to fill up. Yeah, I have to yank the battery out and charge it once in a while. Hey look guys, Cadillac tried that airbag bandini half a century ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. WHAT were they thinking when they decided to use that retro technology?
What sold this car to me was it is RWD and American. That, and I was sick of running around looking for a car. So I end up with a planter. I'm done with Cadillacs, they crossed over to the dark side in the 80s. If front wheel drive is so great, why are there no front wheel drive trucks? Hmmmm?
I still don't like this moneyburning beast.

Oh here's a good one: Nice Lady sprung for a 3 year old Town Car a couple weeks ago. She's on cloud nine. She's still going out there listening to the CD that says how to operate the 2 way sneeze through wind vents and adjust the star studded mudguards.

Ah it's ok you guys are posting on this thread, I don't mind. It's like any conversation where anyone walking by is eligible to join. Happens to us all the time, the conversation takes a turn a different way, then veers someplace else. It's no big deal guys, you can take this any direction you want.
MsM8- - -to answer your question, the beast has been sitting in one place, I hose and towel it off once a week so it doesn't look abandoned. I also turn the key on every couple days to get the stoooopid air bags to fill up. Yeah, I have to yank the battery out and charge it once in a while. Hey look guys, Cadillac tried that airbag bandini half a century ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. WHAT were they thinking when they decided to use that retro technology?
What sold this car to me was it is RWD and American. That, and I was sick of running around looking for a car. So I end up with a planter. I'm done with Cadillacs, they crossed over to the dark side in the 80s. If front wheel drive is so great, why are there no front wheel drive trucks? Hmmmm?
I still don't like this moneyburning beast.

Oh here's a good one: Nice Lady sprung for a 3 year old Town Car a couple weeks ago. She's on cloud nine. She's still going out there listening to the CD that says how to operate the 2 way sneeze through wind vents and adjust the star studded mudguards.

For every one guy that complains about the suspension, there are ten of us that have no complaints...think about that, and you might get something out of it. Also, Caddy went to FWD in the late 60's, not the 80's.

Ding Ding! Round One! :)

Ah it's ok you guys are posting on this thread, I don't mind.

I'm glad that you have a level head and open mind and are NOT taking any of this seriously or to heart.

I've debated Bags vs Springs for years. There's a ton of people that swear by steel springs. There's a ton of people that swear by air springs. There's support of either configuration. The end result is always that a Mark VII owner will do whatever it is that they want to do with their vehicle. That's cool.

I'm pro air spring.
They're like tires.
They go flat.
They get properly replaced.
They last another 15 years.
They get improperly replaced.
They last 15 minutes.

Members online

Back