I can't believe I am actually torn between a 98 Mark VIII and a 98 Taurus SHO.

i've got a solution.....you buy the sho, and then tell me where the mark is for sale :D

What Is it with these young guys that like four door hotrods?Back in my teenage years we called it two door too many.With a four door you are just asking to get married.Stick with the Mark 8.Lot more classy ino.

What Is it with these young guys that like four door hotrods?Back in my teenage years we called it two door too many.With a four door you are just asking to get married.Stick with the Mark 8.Lot more classy ino.

A v8 sho is far from a hotrod..lol. But a maurader is 1 of the few bigger sedans i wouldnt mind owning..But with my last panther platform car i wont go back. Reliable? yes...Rusting quicker then any other car i've ever owned? Yes..

An old old friend of mine used to have a v8 sho, I thought it was slow and thats coming from a pig of a caprice w/ a 305. The way he did up that car was horrible..God it makes me want to throw up just thinking about it..Police interceptor stickers everywhere, flame exhuast, 10 tv's, just about every available accessory made rather it was made for the car or not. No he wasn't mexican. Suprising i know. I'm not trying to be racist.

The only body style tuarus i like are the new ones and i want to say early 2000's..The ones after the turtles.

How can one need a suv. There is never a "need" for a suv

There absolutely is! I have a 99 Expedition 5.4 4X4. This thing tows my 19 ft. boat, tows several Marks from Ft. Lauderdale to Jamie, and brings my family from Ft. Lauderdale to New Jersey every Christmas. It is quiet, comfortable for the long rides, and never asks for anything but fluid changes. Thank God for the 4X4...it got through the 30 inches of snow last week without a problem. I don't think I could ever be without one.

I had both at the same time. In 2001 I had a 1993 and 1994 Mark, and a 1997 SHO. Black with tinted windows just like the one in the picture. The SHO was sportier and handled better. Best drivers seat I've seen yet. The mark would out run it on the run and overall in a 1/4 mile but the SHO had more torque off the line. I think it was overall more fun to drive. It got worse gas milage and little less quality. If it wasn't for the cam issue I think I would still have it. But I have and probabaly will always have a Mark VIII.

Here!

71760_10150286352230051_711940050_15427647_2938689_n.jpg

/photo_rendering_2010_taurus_sho_image006.jpg[/IMG]
2010-ford-taurus-sho-2.jpg

I like these also but did you ever notice how small people look in it. PS well spoken Dave. No way to hot rod the SHO (old style)

photo_rendering_2010_taurus_sho_image006[1].jpg

Dam skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/photo_rendering_2010_taurus_sho_image006.jpg[/IMG]
2010-ford-taurus-sho-2.jpg

I like these also but did you ever notice how small people look in it.

Of course everybody knows I hate anything with a sideways engine driving the wrong wheels. But the new SHO is pretty cool. They just need to turn the engine 90 degrees, keep the AWD but send at least 80% of the power to the rear as default, and make it a bit...um..."sleeker"? I think the bodystyle is nice, but it's too short and stubby looking. I mean, it's 61 inches tall! I've never owned a car that tall! And I've owned a lot of cars. That's only 13 inches shorter than me!:eek: I'd have to stand on a stool to wax the roof! I have to do that now with my Exploder, but that's an SUV. I don't like tall cars.

As much as I love my 93, I'll tell you to get a Gen2 for a daily driver, the OBD1 is such a pain in the a$$. Certain years have major things that are near impossible to find

Wow, I was thinking Mark Viii all the way but after seeing pics of the SHO, I see your dilemma. That is one sick looking SHO and you very rarely ever see them on the road, even less than Mark Viii's.

Being this thread is over 1 year old I would guess the decision was made long ago. :lol:

Mark VIII is more reliable and for the time being, easier to get parts for. Ford isn't supporting the SHOs anymore.

With that said, the first gen SHO is the better buy if you want something fun to drive. Performance and a five-speed transmission. The V8 really wasn't any better than the V6.

Mark VIII is more reliable and for the time being, easier to get parts for. Ford isn't supporting the SHOs anymore.

With that said, the first gen SHO is the better buy if you want something fun to drive. Performance and a five-speed transmission. The V8 really wasn't any better than the V6.

Even with our retard-long geared 3 speed tranny we outrun that POS!!!

Marks are NOT 4 speeds. 4th is an overdrive, not a "gear".

Thanks me later.

Not a four speed huh? You should call Ford aNd have them correct that missinformation they spread. And 4th is a gear not a magic ferry that waves its wand to drop the cruising RPM.

Is it a gear or magic dust sprinkled down by the Manicorn?

"band" not "gear".

The same way Z06 owners say "yeah i got 6 gears".....no you dont dummy.

You got 4 gears, and 2 overdrive.

Remember "turn off O/D when doing the 1/4 mile so it doesn't shift into overdrive"!

If it was truly 4 gears, you don't have to worry.

"band" not "gear".

The same way Z06 owners say "yeah i got 6 gears".....no you dont dummy.

You got 4 gears, and 2 overdrive.

Remember "turn off O/D when doing the 1/4 mile so it doesn't shift into overdrive"!

If it was truly 4 gears, you don't have to worry.

4R70W GEAR Ratios:

1st: 2.84 :1
2nd: 1.55 :1
3rd: 1.00 :1
4th: 0.70 :1
Rev: 2.23 :1

In order for there to be gear ratios, there must be gears:D

4R70W stands for:

4 - GEARS
R - RWD
70 - .70:1 4th GEAR (or 700 ft-lb torque rating, depending on sources)
W - Wide Ratio

And, to be totally honest, I don't know as much about transmissions as some people, but I don't even think "bands" are used anymore. I'm pretty sure our transmissions have clutch packs instead of bands. Now, I do remember adjusting the bands on some of my older cars from the 60's and 70's. But I've never had to adjust the bands on my 4R70W...

Members online

No members online now.
Back