How much did you pay for your custom wheels?

LowLincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Wondering. I am really thinking about getting the Sleeper wheels from True Forged in polished or anthracite.

They e-mailed me back saying they can make them in the 5x4.25 in 18's in a staggered set. They were asking me about widths and offset but not too sure what numbers to give them yet.

I know some of you will say I should just get a hub swap but honestly, I don't have time, a garage, or access to a shop to do all of that.

I think only one or two guys here are the only ones with truly custom made wheels...

Wondering. I am really thinking about getting the Sleeper wheels from True Forged in polished or anthracite.

They e-mailed me back saying they can make them in the 5x4.25 in 18's in a staggered set. They were asking me about widths and offset but not too sure what numbers to give them yet.

I know some of you will say I should just get a hub swap but honestly, I don't have time, a garage, or access to a shop to do all of that.

iam planning on just re-drilling hubs and rotors to make them 4.5 then you'll have lots of choices

iam planning on just re-drilling hubs and rotors to make them 4.5 then you'll have lots of choices

Does that significantly weaken them? If not, I may do that. I can't afford hubs + brakes + wheels + tires all at once

the only part of the hub swap that requires special tools is the rear hubs. you'll need a press and a big torx bit. everything else is do able with hand tools really.
a big socket set and a big torque wrench, but autozone rents both of them.
redrilling the brakes is a bit tricky but i just used a grinder and slotted the original holes. easier than redrilling.

Does that significantly weaken them? If not, I may do that. I can't afford hubs + brakes + wheels + tires all at once

not really. pretty common to redrill the mustang rotors to the mark wheel pattern for those that don't hubswap and want big brakes.

I payed way too much for my wheel\tire\brake setup, but you know what? I dont really care.

36mm offset on 18x9. i looked into a couple sites that had tons of styles that could be made to fit any car.they were the same $ as the speedstars i wanted, just had to spend $ on other things first

I think only one or two guys here are the only ones with truly custom made wheels...

make that 3 as mine are custom cut

but my billets cost the original buyer 2500 and he traded them to me (they were never bolted up or mounted or anything) for my custom made 4 door nissan cab. so i have 38 bucks (got all the parts from work for free) in my rims haha

mine are off the shelf aftermarket tsw's that are +40 and and fit great and I spent 1000 plus tires but I also know the mgr of the tire store so that helped a tad :)

Mine aren't one off's but I found them on Craigslist for $150 and all I did wad adapt a set of center caps from mark viii muscle.

TF are not cheap wheels. I have a few friends that have custom TF wheels and on average they pay $900 a wheel. I had custom HREs on my Cobra and they were $1500 each. Custom wheels cost. Gotta pay to play.

Members online

Back