how easy is it to get rims for a 98

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got an old timer looking at buying my car, and he said he wants to look at getting original rims. Are there any survivors in the great north.

What kind of rims are we talking about? I have a nice set of chrome 20 spokes with good tires that I will have no use for after I'm done hub swapping.

Gee Kev...I think there were only 2 ORIGINAL choices and neither one had 20 spokes. I get it.....
ur being facetious (like yanking on his leg....right?). Me thinks it's time to buy a Mustang and start over
with the sarcasm, like you may want to look at being burnt out on cute things to say here.
Maybe it's me who needs to find a Lincoln forum that is for purists... I'm sure you can recommend one to me. It seems like it's the same same from the same same ones...more like a (un)social club of members who see themselves as just too locked in to being ......like a facebook junkie. Sorry dude,
hope you sell your wheels to someone who believes since you are here....that would be instant cool, and if they are cool why aren't they on the picture of your car? I may be old school...but I can count to 5.
TMM

hey look. an ******* ^

octastars (there are 2 different kinds of these btw.)
10 spokes.
chrome 10 spokes.
20 spokes.
chrome 20 spokes.
snowflakes.
chrome snowflakes.

that's WAY more than 2! you can't count!

kevin's car came with chrome 20s.
so shut the hell up.

Gee Kev...I think there were only 2 ORIGINAL choices and neither one had 20 spokes. I get it.....
ur being facetious (like yanking on his leg....right?). Me thinks it's time to buy a Mustang and start over
with the sarcasm, like you may want to look at being burnt out on cute things to say here.
Maybe it's me who needs to find a Lincoln forum that is for purists... I'm sure you can recommend one to me. It seems like it's the same same from the same same ones...more like a (un)social club of members who see themselves as just too locked in to being ......like a facebook junkie. Sorry dude,
hope you sell your wheels to someone who believes since you are here....that would be instant cool, and if they are cool why aren't they on the picture of your car? I may be old school...but I can count to 5.
TMM

1275808844473.jpg

And has no idea what he's talking about.

TMM

What the f*ck are you talking about? Has something I said gotten under your soft skin on facebook? Because I said the only lincolns I like are only mark viis and viiis? What does that have to do with helping out another member and hooking him up with a cheap ass set of wheels that I no longer need?

I rarely ever sell anything on here and never try and "push" parts on anyone, offer is on the table if the guy wants a set of wheels to be able to sell his car..if he wants them great..if not I don't care..they will sit in my garage attic.

I have an opinion..BFD, just like I now have an opinion about you. Good job. Clearly you are also a "facebook junkie" if you stalk my posts..only thing I use facebook for is mark viii pages..I could care less about peoples status'.

TMM

I'll lead the way for you. Just your type of site.

http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php

1275808844473.jpg

And has no idea what he's talking about.

Low n slow, you wanna join the facebook junkie clan? Haven't seen you on the mark viii page yet. Come to think of it I haven't ever seen you in person either and you live like 20 minutes away..us chicago area folks gotta meet up sometime!

kinda anyway.
wheel one looks like a mark VII (7) wheel.
the others look right.

also, there are 2 octi's floating around.

View attachment 828463970

Never knew that, I've only seen the octi on the right side, never the left. I wonder why they made two different designs and molds for the same basic wheel?

Never knew that, I've only seen the octi on the right side, never the left. I wonder why they made two different designs and molds for the same basic wheel?

Judging by what Ford has done in the past, likely differing casting plants made those wheels while Ford was figuring out which company could do it for the cheapest/easiest.

Wasn't it discussed that some aftermarket company made the one on the left hand side? Anyways, I like they went for the right hand side.

The left one looks stronger, and a little more work to clean all the nooks and cranies.

Low n slow, you wanna join the facebook junkie clan? Haven't seen you on the mark viii page yet. Come to think of it I haven't ever seen you in person either and you live like 20 minutes away..us chicago area folks gotta meet up sometime!

I've been on the page before, often times poking fun at other members. I deactivated my account a couple months ago to see if I could do w/o it and I have. :)

I'm all for a gathering......When it's warm ;)

Other then the two casting shown above there are some early and latter Octi-star casting differences as well. I don't have a picture but in between the webbing some have a smooth polish and "newer" ones have a coarse polish.

beatcpl...thanks to you for making my point....nowhere on your post does it mention "20 spoke" as a
description for the wheels that are shown. Maybe someone can find and post a description of Mark8
wheels that are described by part or option description as a "20 spoke wheel".

I relate to a spoke as a support piece that goes independently from the hub to the wheel rim. When Kev said he had a set of "20 spoke wheels", I couldn't imagine a set with twice as many "spokes" as the original 10 spoke wheels....therefore I assumed he was being facetious in offering 20 spokes. I have 10 spokers on my '95 and could not imagine or ever remember seeing twice that many.

My reference to Facebook was meant in the sense of the "non-sense"" notice me" BS that to me, is the norm for Facebook. I don't do Facebook...and didn't/don't know, or care, that Kev ever goes there about anything....let alone to do with Lincoln parts...or whatever. Guess I pushed a button there,
unintentionally Kev.

When I mention "purest" I am referring to the car the way the car was made. It is obvious(to me),that on this site...that may be not so supported. If you look at any classic car,(I believe Mark 8's will have their day), what collectors pay the most for are cars that are numbers matching and restored to original condition.

So you can be cool and condescending to puff yourselves up, which if you look at it honestly, just makes it so you have less prey to pounce on and be cutesy with, because you have eliminated those who are not willing to be gang-banged to join your club.

For me....take it for what its worth, you can check out all my posts (the ones I have stuck my foot in it, are there for you to joke about), I will spare you the right of indignation when I am not on "game" and make a stupid remark from now on. I'll not comment any longer and use the site for finding answers only.

BTW..I am 68 and take no meds...not a single one. Maybe the med jokes are from you young-uns that are full of your share of them. When you point the finger there are 3 pointing back at you. There is your fodder
for the evening. Injoy.
TMM

Not sure why you are mad but here is a pic of the factory 20 spoke wheels on blackiceLSC's car
And on ford part network there called 20 window

side94.JPG

Members online

Back