how easy is it to get rims for a 98

Slow...don't know where the "mad" tag came from...I never said it. That's a BE you ti full Mark!
I think it's all about the meaning of the word. Like "I did not have sex with that woman" or " when does is mean is". 20 "window" does not, to me(and that's the only one I am speaking for), mean or paint a picture of "spokes". But then, being the old timer that I am....I learned spokes to be the things on my bicycle that held the rim in place. I think they are used on motorcycles too. Just sayin'.

hint, if you count the number things that hold the rim in place, you come up with the number 20...

Cris....I guess your assumptions are smart? Show me the "thang" where, other than amounst you
officionatois, they are labeled "20 spokers'. I guess you are going down making your point of being
exclusively right, Right?
TMM

Right Chris...20 wheel holder support thangies....did you ever ride a bicycle or a motor sigh cyle?
Maybe you woke up one fine day in a Mark.

I'm done. Been sucked in till now...gotta go build a fire...cold front blowin'
in...real life calls....it's been a pleasure guy's , got you all somethin' to crow about...ur wellcome.
TMM

Right Chris...20 wheel holder support thangies....did you ever ride a bicycle or a motor sigh cyle?

in...real life calls....it's been a pleasure guy's , got you all somethin' to crow about...ur wellcome.
TMM

jiFfM.jpg

If you didn't know what he was talking about, you should not have posted. You've been here since 2009 and you don't know what 20 spokes are?!?! You must not be too into the Marks because you should have known that being here for that long. I'm sure if you want to do this "20 wheel holder support thangies....did you ever ride a bicycle or a motorcycle?" there is a bicycle or motorcycle forum you can join.

*sigh*

Wonder how long till this thread is closed

jiFfM.jpg

beatcpl...thanks to you for making my point....nowhere on your post does it mention "20 spoke" as a
description for the wheels that are shown. Maybe someone can find and post a description of Mark8
wheels that are described by part or option description as a "20 spoke wheel".

I relate to a spoke as a support piece that goes independently from the hub to the wheel rim. When Kev said he had a set of "20 spoke wheels", I couldn't imagine a set with twice as many "spokes" as the original 10 spoke wheels....therefore I assumed he was being facetious in offering 20 spokes. I have 10 spokers on my '95 and could not imagine or ever remember seeing twice that many.

My reference to Facebook was meant in the sense of the "non-sense"" notice me" BS that to me, is the norm for Facebook. I don't do Facebook...and didn't/don't know, or care, that Kev ever goes there about anything....let alone to do with Lincoln parts...or whatever. Guess I pushed a button there,
unintentionally Kev.

When I mention "purest" I am referring to the car the way the car was made. It is obvious(to me),that on this site...that may be not so supported. If you look at any classic car,(I believe Mark 8's will have their day), what collectors pay the most for are cars that are numbers matching and restored to original condition.

So you can be cool and condescending to puff yourselves up, which if you look at it honestly, just makes it so you have less prey to pounce on and be cutesy with, because you have eliminated those who are not willing to be gang-banged to join your club.

For me....take it for what its worth, you can check out all my posts (the ones I have stuck my foot in it, are there for you to joke about), I will spare you the right of indignation when I am not on "game" and make a stupid remark from now on. I'll not comment any longer and use the site for finding answers only.

BTW..I am 68 and take no meds...not a single one. Maybe the med jokes are from you young-uns that are full of your share of them. When you point the finger there are 3 pointing back at you. There is your fodder
for the evening. Injoy.
TMM

Listen man..I really don't care how old you are, I'm 27, what's your point? What difference does it make what kind of nonsense people post about on facebook..I don't know if you noticed (you probably have considering you followed all of my posts on the mark viii FB page) that not many people take facebook too seriously including myself..its stupid social media..welcome to the internet. And what the hell are you talking about with me being "cute"? Because I'm joking around with people on FB or expressing an opinion. Its not my problem that you don't care for us "youngins" sense of humor, you didn't have to join facebook, so if you don't like the content of the site, then go somewhere else.

If you're such a purist and don't like the idea of modifying any classic car past stock..I would at least think you know what a god damn 20 spoke wheel is. If you hate the idea of messing with such a "classic" then you should probably get off of LVC also.. not sure if you've noticed this too, but probably 75% of the mark viiis here are modified in some way. Mine is relatively stock in comparison with only different wheels and a 93 ECU. I'm sorry if that makes you turn in your grave, but you should be happy that someone my age even appreciates a car like this. Would you rather have me not give a sh*t about it and drive it till it falls apart like it probably would have had I not bought it?

I looked up your posts, and I never once said a bad thing about you or messed with you in anyway..in fact I was 100% serious when you posted about getting in an accident with your 95, and added in my opinion on what I'd do. Yet for some reason you single ME out on facebook..out of all the BS that is posted there on a daily basis. You sound like a salty old man that doesn't take well to change. I'm sorry if I offended you with my lightly modified mark viii and my normal sense of humor. Maybe you should get off your computer and go back to your usual routine of stool softeners and bingo.

Recently, the Marks that I have seen command the highest price in a sale have both been highly modified.

TMM

You left us with nothing but retardedness..you make no sense, sounds like you're the one getting a bit flustered here...calm down, take a breath and go take your blood pressure medication.

Listen man..I really don't care how old you are, I'm 27, what's your point? What difference does it make what kind of nonsense people post about on facebook..I don't know if you noticed (you probably have considering you followed all of my posts on the mark viii FB page) that not many people take facebook too seriously including myself..its stupid social media..welcome to the internet. And what the hell are you talking about with me being "cute"? Because I'm joking around with people on FB or expressing an opinion. Its not my problem that you don't care for us "youngins" sense of humor, you didn't have to join facebook, so if you don't like the content of the site, then go somewhere else.

If you're such a purist and don't like the idea of modifying any classic car past stock..I would at least think you know what a god damn 20 spoke wheel is. If you hate the idea of messing with such a "classic" then you should probably get off of LVC also.. not sure if you've noticed this too, but probably 75% of the mark viiis here are modified in some way. Mine is relatively stock in comparison with only different wheels and a 93 ECU. I'm sorry if that makes you turn in your grave, but you should be happy that someone my age even appreciates a car like this. Would you rather have me not give a sh*t about it and drive it till it falls apart like it probably would have had I not bought it?

I looked up your posts, and I never once said a bad thing about you or messed with you in anyway..in fact I was 100% serious when you posted about getting in an accident with your 95, and added in my opinion on what I'd do. Yet for some reason you single ME out on facebook..out of all the BS that is posted there on a daily basis. You sound like a salty old man that doesn't take well to change. I'm sorry if I offended you with my lightly modified mark viii and my normal sense of humor. Maybe you should get off your computer and go back to your usual routine of stool softeners and bingo.

snap_zpsfa615473.gif

Cris....I guess your assumptions are smart? Show me the "thang" where, other than amounst you
officionatois, they are labeled "20 spokers'. I guess you are going down making your point of being
exclusively right, Right?
TMM

1385451121921634.jpg

That's not much of a deal..those are the stockers that came on my car..I was gonna say $150 obo with good tires to boot.

Just a parting shot for consideration for those members who are the main stays of this(mark80 side
of LVC to consider.... the traffic on the LS side of this site is consistently out numbering the Mark8
side 4to1. It was not very long ago that those numbers were reversed. I know this will bring major
disagreement from the 5-10 regulars here....but I think your attitudes have run off lots of people
who check this site out...but...because of the animosity of these few hard core geeks who's life
(IMNSHO) have driven down the participation rate from rate from those of us who are not so invested
in our lives being defined by posting on this site, from NOT PARTICIPATING. just look at any time who is on line. It's always the same ol same ol's doing the same ol' same ol'....talking 'bout how they have
made their Marks, better than all the rest of the Mark's in the world.

How many of the 5-10 regular every day members have a life other than here? There's one to attack!
I think most of them have a job for low wages,(based on how the squeal goes out when someone
actually ask a decent price for a nice car. Go buy junkers and "fix" them up for as cheap as possible
and try to sell them to a newbie.....or anyone not familiar with Mark8's. I have actually shopped for
Mark's all over the country trying to find a "great deal"...only to find a deal in the mind of the seller.

Just saying...tell/educate /feedback me on the motive of this site and the regulars who do the
majority of the posting?

I have given some honest feedback here.....I would expect the same...if not then I think the
numbers will reflect the loss of those willing to make a comment that goes against the grain.

Attack mode is hereby open!
TMM

Low and slow...Oh! When the chance comes from a differing opinion...we what? go into attack mode , right?Then we bring God in because he definitely knows and gives a F*** about car wheels!

I guess because you are 27 you would not get the point...maybe because you have issues with you Dad..or Grandad.

I think, and get it Kev, it's only me, who thinks you take things way to personal.
Like it justifies your life to find confrontation. Good Luck with that.
It's your car dude...you are free to do whatever the F... you want with it. Me too..right?
Face on.
TMM

We need a place to put these.

Just a parting shot for consideration for those members who are the main stays of this(mark80 side
of LVC to consider.... the traffic on the LS side of this site is consistently out numbering the Mark8
side 4to1. It was not very long ago that those numbers were reversed. I know this will bring major
disagreement from the 5-10 regulars here....but I think your attitudes have run off lots of people
who check this site out...but...because of the animosity of these few hard core geeks who's life
(IMNSHO) have driven down the participation rate from rate from those of us who are not so invested
in our lives being defined by posting on this site, from NOT PARTICIPATING. just look at any time who is on line. It's always the same ol same ol's doing the same ol' same ol'....talking 'bout how they have

How many of the 5-10 regular every day members have a life other than here? There's one to attack!
I think most of them have a job for low wages,(based on how the squeal goes out when someone
actually ask a decent price for a nice car. Go buy junkers and "fix" them up for as cheap as possible
and try to sell them to a newbie.....or anyone not familiar with Mark8's. I have actually shopped for
Mark's all over the country trying to find a "great deal"...only to find a deal in the mind of the seller.

Just saying...tell/educate /feedback me on the motive of this site and the regulars who do the
majority of the posting?

I have given some honest feedback here.....I would expect the same...if not then I think the
numbers will reflect the loss of those willing to make a comment that goes against the grain.

TMM

Umm, ok. It always slows down on this side during the winter, it has nothing to do with the regulars scaring them away.

You've contributed absolutely nothing to this forum for 4 years. It's time for you to troll elsewhere.

Low and slow...Oh! When the chance comes from a differing opinion...we what? go into attack mode , right?Then we bring God in because he definitely knows and gives a F*** about car wheels!

I guess because you are 27 you would not get the point...maybe because you have issues with you Dad..or Grandad.

I think, and get it Kev, it's only me, who thinks you take things way to personal.
It's your car dude...you are free to do whatever the F... you want with it. Me too..right?
Face on.
TMM

When did I attack you?

Last edited:
What in the hell is going on here?

Sorry guys, I've been busy with my POS Career, and building wicked fast and wicked sweet MarkVIIIs. :rolleyes:

Face on.
TMM

majority of the posting?

TMM

Normally I wouldn't say anything but this is just getting ridiculous.

I wouldn't consider myself a regular, but I've lurked around long enough to know that most of what you're stating is just jibberish. I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't visit the site anymore (probably for numerous reasons), but I'm sure the razzing (which is usually in good nature) had/has little to do with it. In fact, I personally think that the razzing/hazing use to be worse back in the day.

I don't claim to be a mark viii expert, just an avid enthusiast always willing and eager to learn something new. However, the way you claim to be a "mark viii purist" yet cannot grasp the concept of the "20 spokes" says a lot in itself. Secondly, you seem to be the one with a condenscending attitude towards others based on how you instantly attacked Kevin and then continued to try and belittle Chris when he was simply stating and obvious/helpful fact. Now you've moved on to attack peoples pay scales and personal lives for no reason. I also don't see people claiming they have the best mark viiis on the planet, just a lot of people that are proud to show off thier cars and any cool mods that they have done to them. If you're not in to mods then by all means keep yours stock, no one is forcing you to change your ways. I for one think a lot of the mods done on this site and others are unique and tasteful most of the time (but thats just my opinion). Lastly if you don't like the site or feel uncomfortable then don't come on here!!! Aside from the playful jabs and comments from time to time there is still an abundance of information on here that I'm sure plently of people will find useful.

:V That is all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back