headlights re-chrome and refinish instructions

seionkelley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking to refinish my headlights on my 94 Mark VIII but the instructions that was posted to this site are not posted anymore. Does someone have instructions and parts list to aid me in this job?
Thanks
Kelley

Yes

1. Remove headlights
2. Pack headlights in box and include a 100.00 dollar bill
3. Send box with headlights and 100.00 bill in it to Jamie
4. Wait
5. Reinstall newly chromed and polished headlights and enjoy!!!

I would never re-chrome a Marks headlights because they are very time consuming. Jamie has re-chromed 90% of all the peoples headlights on this board including mine, top notch job and you will not be dissapointed at all.

It's worth the $100 to just send them to Jamie. There are a lot of pieces that have to be cut, not to mention the whole front of the housing and then getting it sealed back without any condensation ever building up. I have a set that have never been done. They came off the 93 and one is in pretty good shape and really doesn't have to be done but the other has slight chrome peel on the bottom of the low beam area. I'll get some pics up of them later but I'm selling them. $100.00 and free shipping in the US.

if you insist on trying it yourself search username 93 blue on blue he did the write up, but i would just rather send jamie the 100, it dont look like any fun (GEN2 FTW)

I would keep my slant eyed headlights any day to stay away from that bunny nosed grill. [GEN 1FTW]

Send them to jamie if there not cut right you'll never get the beam aligned correctly.

Ya, I accidentally deleted my progress pics when I tried to edit that post. Not hard to do it yourself, although sending them to Jamie would be the easiest option.

If you do decide to do them yourself, be warned! - It's very time consuming! My neck will never be the same again...

Ya, I accidentally deleted my progress pics when I tried to edit that post. Not hard to do it yourself, although sending them to Jamie would be the easiest option.

If you do decide to do them yourself, be warned! - It's very time consuming! My neck will never be the same again...

+1 what he said.

ive done it to 3 different sets and the last one finally came out worth a sh!t all of the others looked new and had a good beam but it was just to scattered so i got lucky and when i found a new set cheap i bought them up

I have done a few sets too and it is just time consuming, not difficult-I used a holesaw (like what you'd use to do a keylock hole) in the bottom of the housings and 'rechromed' the insides with trimbright-the piece I cut out was then taped back into place with duct tape, and then I used 2000 grit sand paper, then polishing compound to polish the lenses-they look like new, just need to polish them occasionally to keep them nice. Not rocket science.:D

i dont understand how anyone could rechrome the insides of a housing by using a holesaw and going through there, it cant look that good! cutting off the lense is the way to do it if you want the rechrome the entire inside.

worked for me, didn't take hours to do, they look perfect, no condensation and if I ever need to fix them up, they are easy to open up, you cannot see the disk I cut out (it is still there, just held in place with tape). Unless you remove the headlight and flip it upside down, you'd never know it was done that way.-and they didn't cost me $100 plus shipping and down time.

lol:p

worked for me, didn't take hours to do, they look perfect, no condensation and if I ever need to fix them up, they are easy to open up, you cannot see the disk I cut out (it is still there, just held in place with tape). Unless you remove the headlight and flip it upside down, you'd never know it was done that way.-and they didn't cost me $100 plus shipping and down time.

lol:p

i am dieing to see pics because i want to see what your definition of perfect is lmfao!

befrore and after, 5000k hid's, high and low's...now die:D

_D3X9674.JPG

_D3X9675.JPG

_D3X9676.JPG

_D3X9677.JPG

_D3X9678.JPG

_D3X9680.JPG

_D3X9681.JPG

_D3X9682.JPG

_D3X9683.JPG

_D3X9684.JPG

_D3X9685.JPG

_D3X9686.JPG

_D3X9687.JPG

_D3X9688.JPG

_D3X9689.JPG

I personally wouldn't call those "perfect", but they don't look too bad.

I sanded mine with 500 to get rid of the old clear, then 1500 and 3000. I cleared them with SEM 21013 UV clear. They look pretty good, i didnt do the inner chrome though.
The clear should keep them from fading again for a while.

These are new housings with 8000K in the low beams and 6000K in the high beams but now I have 10K in the lows.

Those in the pic on the red car sure are looking like some halogens to me.

NewHousings003.jpg

NewHousings008.jpg

5000k...reading comprehension, kind of like 'dieing' (lmfao)...maybe if I just sent you $100 plus shipping you'd think they were worthy...nah, I'll save the $100 plus shipping:D

They look great, believe it, but I know it cuts into somebodies' profit margin telling others they don't have to use YOUR money-making method- get over it.:p

Aren't you overdue for a meltdown?

Come on now, I KNOW you girls stick together-everybody hold hands now, and band together, since someone else has an idea that doesn't conform to YOUR idea of what 'works' (plus this impacts somebody's bottom line, God-forbid)
0nce again, I'll LMFAO, and I am DYING (properly used) to see the
witty /condescending responses. It works-and it looks every bit as good as the waste of money ($112) sending it out for $10 worth of materials, $8 shipping and whatever time it takes the guru to perform his so-called magic. I did mine in less than an hour, and I spent $10.
By the way, your 8000k lights look ricer, how's that for another opinion?:D

lmfao i could care less if people do their own headlights, just to show you :q:q:q:q:q:q:q, i havent done any for anyone in a long time because i hate doing them, i would rather other people try their own, THE RIGHT WAY, the 100 bucks doesnt mean dick to me, but i charge it because i do them THE RIGHT WAY and my time is worth money, i'm a full time employee, a married father of two, and i have my own business so i dont have hours and hours of free time to do crap for other people, so when someone wants their lights done i have to put off things that are much more important in my life to get them done. chargin 100 bucks to do someone a favor is pretty damn nice rather than spending nearly 500 for new lights. for someone who seems to think i am such a joke and rape people for services rendered you sure pay alot of attention to the things that i do, you sure talked alot of :q:q:q:q in your last post about me and the members on here why the :q:q:q:q do you still come around here if we all hold hands and are all a bunch of girls. go cut some holes in your car dickhead. you've been here for 4 years and by your post count you dont contribute dick to this site, so keep your piehole shut.

And by the way, as you said, "reading comprehension"..... I bought new housings. NIB, not cut up :q:q:q:q or rechromed by anyone. Yours still look like halogens with a buffed lens. Yes, I paid $166 each to have new and have another new set and another set that will be going to Jamie soon. Seriously, if you want to cut holes in the bottom of your housings, I could care less but a point I have to make is that they don't look as good as they would coming from Jamie. Has nothing to do with sticking together, it's just the :q:q:q:qin truth.

Hope the duct tape holds up underneath.....

run-on, run-on, run-on, run-on, run-on, run-on....'dick head, dick head, dick head'...lmfao, lmfao, lmfao, lmfao....the (predicted) meltdown...

and instead of cutting small holes in the BOTTOM of my lights, you CHOP OFF the lenses and 'seal' them...your method is SO superior?, LMFAO:confused: Veins sticking out of your head yet???:D Waiting for the girlfriends' insults, I am aware they got your back, name-changer.
Why can't you just try to see that other's might have another way to solve the same problem-instead you have to start with the 'I'm dieing (sic) to see this', like someone else had no chance if it is not done the way you do things. Then, you get ugly-(LMFAO)-was that necessary? You can dish it out, but can you take it? I doubt it, with the 600 word profanity laced answer. I know you are a 'family man' with 'kids' and a 'business'-you are special in that respect?

I offered my experience in what worked for me, then you and your 'friends' offered their opinions with the requisite insults (looks halogen, alright I guess, or yours which was somewhat difficult to pick out what with the rant-prose).

Whatever, hope you someday mature into that bald headed adult body.:cool:
And work on your sentence structure and proper usage, you make my point for me when you go off, which you do a lot.:D

Members online

Back