Had a Good and a Bad Day at the Track

Don Pfau

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
First it was a beautiful day and a good day for racing. We took both Mark VIII's. I ran the supercharged 93 first and it spit and sputtered its way to a mid 12 sec run so I parked it. 2 days of working on it and it just keeps getting worse :confused:. So i tried the stock Black 98 and on its fist run ran a 14.72 and later ran a best of 14.59. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been there :p. I dont have any videos because I bought a new 16GB card for the camcorder and when I tried to use it said the card needed to be formated and wouldn't work :shifty:. Should have checked it but I didn't think of it. Trunk Monkey ran a new personal best and beat my best with a 11.62 . RobertP ran a 10.2 something. here are my 4 best times with the Black 98. I ran one 18 sec run must of still had water on the tires I had to let off of it 3 times.

E_06.jpg

What's done to the black 98? If anything, that sounds damn quick for a stock 2nd gen, I thought those ran 15 flat out of the box? Eitherway, pretty cool!

To the best of my knowledge it is completly stock. Even the exhaust. It still even has the spare tire and jack in it.

Whoaa very nice stock 60' :D

This car sometimes acts like it has trac/loc. On its two best times I power braked it hard and it hooked up good with the traction control off.. Three times it went up in smoke. One time I had to let of of it three times and ran a 18 something. Two times it ran around a 15 flat with the traction control on.

Nice times
Sounds like the gold one may be jealous of the black one.
Have you been driving the black one to much?

Wow looked it up -1821 da

Wow is right, not too many times you get that kind of air to run at the track. How were the track conditions?

Great runs in the '98. I hope you find out soon what's up with the ,93.

I'm calling BS with no vids I state he was staging with his back tires! He has done it before. :shifty:

But good runs with the Gen2! To bad you could not get clean runs out of the 93 the air was KILLER.

Members online

No members online now.
Back