Grill

Dont mind me, im just over here fapping.

They never came with a factory painted grille, unless it was a 2nd gen. So if yours is black, someone did that to it.

it looks like someone painted it black and all the paint is peeling and its just the bare metal not chrome

My 96 grill is black... err.. was. No signs of it ever being chrome.

The chrome usually just flakes/rubs off. The grill is black under the chrome paint junk.

'93 grill is just "chromed" plastic.
brittle, thin, poorly applied, plastic.

There wasn't a factory monochromatic trim that year.

i went through the trouble of peeling all the chrome off before i painted mine

DSCN21301.jpg

Soon I will have a grill that will make you FAPP in your pants.:eek::eek: Custom things in the works.

:D:D:D:D I took it out on an LS guy why y'all gotta be so mean. JK JK JK JK:D:D:D:D:D

If it aint plastic then stick a magnet to it and post a pic in the next 5 mins. Thats how long it would take good gle to dry. You might have a custom one-off on you car. Let's see some pics as to why you have your beliefs.

mine is not plastic

Then you don't have a stock Mark VIII grille.

A gen 1 Mark VIII grille certainly IS plastic!

*bends and twists the grille sat right next to me*

*stops doing that because it might actually break* :lol:

If anyone is looking to have one replated I highly highly recommend Pauls Chrome Plating, fantastic company...

That's a standard, plastic grille. Take a close look at it and give it a lil' flex! :)

is that what it looks like when all the chrome falls off?? if so i was wrong it is plastic

So if I had this piece done I would want to do it all. Gotta be perfect ya' know.

I paid $318 2 weeks ago and bought a new one. I should be good till the car dies now, unless I wreck or burn this one too. No, that's not it in my sig pic. That's the old faded out one.

It isn't really plastic, it's a thermo-polyurethane. And that "chrome stuff" is indium. The grill was supposed to be able to take a 5mph impact and flex and not break. Over time it all became somewhat brittle but "back in the day" they were quite resilient.

Members online

Back